PDA

View Full Version : what time to arrive at parking lot?

russk42
09-26-2007, 09:03 AM
What time should I plan on getting to the Magic Kingdom parking lot to arrive at the gates before opening? We're leaving this weekend, and staying off-site for the first time. I figure I have to include 10-15 minutes to get from the car to the ferryboat and 10-15 minutes for the ferry; so we should be there no later than 30 minutes prior to opening time?

Also, what time do they start operating the ferries and/or the monorail? I wouldnt mind arriving at the MK really early-- we could always take pictures, etc...but I don't want to sit around at the TTC waiting for the transportaion to begin.

irish1967
09-26-2007, 01:44 PM
The monorails start running pretty early (7:00 or 7:30, I think)

We were very surprised at the amount of traffic outside WDW property - definitely be generous in the amount of time you give yourselves to get to the park - Our condo was 6 miles from the gate and we were late for our 7:10 a.m. ADR at Chef Mickey's our first morning. We had given ourselves 45 minutes to get there.

vamaggie
09-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Slightly off topic but what time do they start letting people into the MK (or other parks) before the official opening? I think I remember from our last trip that we could go in and walk down Main St and then if was roped off until the "opening time". What time would be recommend getting there to be there/inside when they open?

DDuck66
09-27-2007, 10:29 AM
We went two weekends ago and arrived at the parking lot at 8:40. We were already parking back to Pluto. If you want to be near the first, I would imagine that you need to be at the lot around 7:30 or 8:00 am.