MMouse6937
09-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Day 6 - 9/22/07

Travelers:
Me - Sarah (33)
DH - Mike (41)
My Dad - Also Mike (65)
My Mom - Sandra (60s)

Today we slept in because we had been out late the night before at the MNSSHP. :sleepin: We went to the food court and had lunch around 11:15 and then headed to the AK for the day. We started by going right to get a seat for the new Finding Nemo musical show. I was so skeptical about this show previously because I didn't know how you could make a musical out of a movie that was not a musical. All I can so though is WOW. :jaw: It was absolutely incredible. The puppets are amazing and the singing is beautiful. I was completely blown away. We then headed to Expedition Everest which was another first for us. Just DH and I rode. The wait was about 20 minutes. The ride is out of this world. The yeti goes by quick but is amazing. I didn't like the going backwards too much so when DH went back to ride again, I stayed back. I was really glad I rode but think I would have gotten a bad headache if I had ridden again. He said this time he waited for the front seat which he says was absolutely incredible. He said that when the cars stop because it looks like the track has ended, you can see off the cliff and he said the view was spectacular. We then went to ride Dinosaur, one of my favorite but my mom kept her eyes closed the whole time! We should have gotten our picture at the end it was hysterical. :D

We decided it was time to find a seat for the Jammin Jungle Parade at 4:00. I have never stayed in AK long enough to see this parade so was excited for the first time experience. We found a bench in front of the beastly bazaar store and got some drinks and a pretzel to snack on while we waited. As usual as the time got closer people started to get closer and closer to us. We all finally had to stand up, even my dad on the bench to be able to see there were so many people. The parade was great, nice floats and a fun show. I was glad that I got to see it. As a side note, we were sitting right accross from the handicapped viewing area and there was a little boy there who was about 9-10 who seemed like he might have been severely autistic (he had a lot of outburst and didn't seem to be able to stay still). He was the sweetest little boy and watching his face when the floats came by brought tears to my eyes. He was so excited and happy, it was what it's all about! :crying:

We then caught It's Tough to be a Bug before heading out of the park. I finally found the hat I was looking for in a kiosk right before you exit the park. I had been looking in every store for about three days and didn't find anything I liked so this was a score.

We had a 6:00 ADR for Boma so headed over to the AKL. This place is absolutely amazing. The main lobby is absolutely beautiful and we sat there for quite a while just soaking in the beauty. We had dinner and headed back to the hotel.

DH and I went to the River Roost lounge at POR and enjoyed the entertainment. His name is Bob Jackson and he is absolutely hysterical. He sings and plays the piano. He is so talented and funny, he gets everyone involved. People do the konga line through the lounge, sing, dance, it was great. That was almost worth the stay at POR right there. :piano:

We headed off to bed

Up next - Day 7, another water park and more shopping!!

pogo
09-25-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm really glad you liked "Finding Nemo". :thumbsup: We felt the same way during and after the show. Absolutely Fantastic ! :mickey:

AK is becoming a great park. I'm not a thrill ride kind of guy, but take me to a good show and I'll be happy.

Great report. :D

disneydrmr
09-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Sounds like another great day, even with the later start! I LOVE EE and could ride that one over and over again! I'll have to try for a front seat next time.. I never thought about the view from there...

faline
09-26-2007, 10:32 AM
What a fun day! I've never quite gotten around to seeing the parade at Animal Kingdom. Maybe next trip??!