PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passes

Tink&Goofy
09-25-2007, 10:10 PM
I want to get an Annual Pass with the DVC discount. But I need the pass NOW, in order to get the AP room discount. If I order it online, it will be mailed to me....to late. I could also order one (at full price) when adjusting my reservation to the AP rate. Is there a way to get the discount amount refunded later?? I actually will be getting 3 passes - but only need one ASAP to get the AP rate. Is there any other easier way to do this?

vizsla
09-26-2007, 05:40 AM
You can try calling Member Services to order your AP's and explain to them that you are going to book a room using the AP discount. They should be able to give you a confirmation # that you can use to make the ressie. The only thing you may have to do on your end is to have your AP voucher exchanged for your actual AP before checking into the resort.

Carol
09-26-2007, 07:15 AM
You cannot book the room without the AP?

I did for my October trip. We just show the pass at check-in. :shrug:

Tink&Goofy
09-26-2007, 10:44 AM
You cannot book the room without the AP?

I did for my October trip. We just show the pass at check-in. :shrug:

No. In fact the CM wouldn't even tell me what the AP rates were OR if there was availability. I even tried to explain that I was getting a pass with the DVC discount - but no go. Maybe I will try calling back again, and get a different CM. Its not like I'm trying to get away with something, its all just timing...

KylesMom
09-26-2007, 12:15 PM
I would definitely call back. Unless procedure has substantially changed (and I think we would have heard about it), you shouldn't need an A/P voucher when reserving your room.

gardenia
09-26-2007, 12:21 PM
I booked recently and they didn't ask, but I bet I'm in their computer with my AP expiration date. I do know that when I booked a AAA discount rate for 2008 through CRO yesterday, they asked for my AAA number, and I don't remember having to give that before.

Tink&Goofy
09-26-2007, 01:12 PM
I LOVE Member Services!! Not only did they take care of purchasing the annual pass, they transferred me to another CM within MS that was able to make reservations at any of the resorts. I was able get my AP (with the discount), and book ressies using the AP discount - all in one phone call! Great Customer Service!!

dlpmikki
09-26-2007, 01:19 PM
Kudos to Member Services! :number1:

Maleficent's Dad
09-26-2007, 02:21 PM
Another thumbs up for MS!

I find calling them usually takes care of everything in one step - from rooms with cash, to passes, to ADR's, to DME...

They're great! :thumbsup: