MMouse6937
09-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Day 5 - 9/21/07

Travlers:
Me - Sarah (33)
DH - Mike (41)
My Dad - Also Mike (65)
My Mom - Sandra (60s)

Today the skies smiled on us a little more and we were able to go to Typhoon Lagoon to get some water park fun in. :diver: We got there about 9:45 and were almost let into the park immediately. We found ourself a nice shady out of the way spot. We had some little donuts and I bought a refillable drink cup. We then headed to the lazy river. Ah, relaxing! We then tried the family raft ride. My suggestion is to not try to put four full grown adults in this raft. It was impossible for us to get going and our butts kept holding us up on the bottom. Not a fun ride. Mike, my dad, and I then headed over to the storm slides. These are my favorite water slides at either of the water parks. The hardest part is getting to the top (up two steps, down four, up five steps, down three, on and on). We did two of the three slides and then Mike and I headed to Crush N Gusher. Let me just say, OMG!! It was crazy! When I go that fast I am used to a lap belt over me! It was insane. We screamed like crazy! :eek2: We then had lunch at the Leaning Palms and did the lazy river again. DH and dad did some swimming in the wave pool and mom and I sat on the wall letting the water come up and splash us. We decided to leave around 2:00 so we could go back to the room and get ready for the MNSSHP!

We went back and showered and got ready. We all wore the same Happy Halloween tshirt so we would all match. :pumpkin: We arrived at the park around 4:45 pm and were immediately let in with our party tickets. We were given a green wrist band and a trick or treat bag. We had a ADR at Crystal Palace at 5:00pm so we headed that way. We checked in and were given a pager. We waited for about 5 minutes before being seated. We did hear two overhead PA announcement letting people know that the MK would be closing at 7:00 for the party and that people could still buy tickets or they would have to exit. We had dinner and then headed out for the festivities!!

We headed to Adventureland and took a ride on the Jungle Cruise. Our skipper was a funny, corny lady, just right for the cruise! We then headed for another ride on POTC. There was a guy in front of us who thought using his camera with a flash was not only allowed but a good idea. Right after the pitch black drop he turns around to take a picture of his kids who were right in front of me, blinding me for the rest of the trip. Then he tried to take a picture of the Jack Sparrow character. My dad told him to knock it off and he yelled at my dad and turned around. When we got off he did apologize and said he didn't know he couldn't take pictures, well whatever. DH and I then rode BTMRR in the dark. I love this ride, especially in the dark, nothing beats it. The 8:15 parade was about ready to start so we snuck through the backside and went to the HM. There was a "ghost" lady sitting out front on the bench by the queue line talking to people as they came up. Her lighting was so bright and spooky it was so cool. We stood there for a few minutes while she talked to my dad and then headed inside. Again, no wait and a wonderful ride. I realized halfway through that I had left my candy bag on top of the garbage can in the line because I had to get out my video camera to film the ghost lady. :( DH ran out to get it and it was still there, only in Disney! We then headed to the castle area to watch the Villian mix and mingle. It was very cool. Malifecent is the host and then Cruella, Jafar, Queen of Hearts, etc come out and dance around. Everyone then hung around for Hallowishes at 9:30. This was absolutely spectacular but we were a little too close to the castle and didn't see some of the fireworks that went off behind the castle. The music was wonderful and the show was spectacular. We then let some people filter out and headed down Main Street to get a seat for the second Boo Too You Parade. We found a seat on the curb where Dad and Mike stayed while mom and I went around and shopped. I got myself some of the limited edition pins but didn't see anything else I couldn't live without. The parade was excellent. The headless horseman was outstanding and the floats were so great. The haunted mansion float was great and they had a hound dog walking in front of it. That was cool. We then got a snack at Caseys and headed out of the park. We got to our car around 12:11 am.

The party was great, but way busier than I thought. I really didn't think that the second party of the year would be that busy, but it was still a lot of fun. We did see quite a few people who had not purchased tickets trying to linger in the parks way after 7:00 and that was frustrating since we had paid for tickets. Also, the trick or treating stations were few and far between and had very long lines. We barely got any candy as you waited in line and then they gave you two pieces of candy. Not that I needed the candy, but I was told that they gave it out by the bucketloads and we did not expericene that at all.

A nice, long night that didn't disappoint.

Next up Day 6: Animal Kingdom!!

pogo
09-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Matching Halloween shirts ? How nice. :cloud9:

I sounds like another great day. You are having a wonderfull vacation. Thanks for sharing it with us. :D

disneydrmr
09-26-2007, 09:09 AM
What fun! Glad the skies were kind to you and you were able to get in some time at the water park!

faline
09-26-2007, 09:10 AM
The Boo to You Parade is such fun! Doesn't that tune just stick in your head forever?