PDA

View Full Version : Disney Restaurant Recipes

LADY DI
09-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Once upon a time a found a sight were it gave you some of the Disney Restaurant Recipes.

I'm looking in particular for the recipe for the cornbread at Boatwrights Dining Hall. It was awesome !!!

JPL
09-25-2007, 09:35 PM
I know that that if you ask at most restaurants they will give you a printout of the recipe.

Figment!
09-25-2007, 09:43 PM
There is a large collection of Disney Restaurant recipes in the Recipes (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/recipes/default.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central.

Although not Boatwrights, there is a recipe for the Corn Bread served at the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness--it might be similar.

TheRustyScupper
09-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Boatwrights Corn Bread
from Port Orleans Riverside chef, 2005 visit

Yield: 25 muffins

1 cup corn meal
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups canola oil
7 eggs
2 cups milk
2 cups frozen kernel corn

Combine all above ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Pour into greased muffins tins and bake at 375° for 30 minutes.

#1donaldfan
09-27-2007, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the info....good to know.....we made our own sweet potato pancakes....without the actual recipe from POR....they turned out pretty good, not as good as the original......

TheRustyScupper
09-27-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the info....good to know.....we made our own sweet potato pancakes....without the actual recipe from POR....they turned out pretty good, not as good as the original......

Sweet Potato Pancakes
from Boatwright's, POR, 2005

Yield: 12-15 pancakes

Pancakes:
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 cups milk
3 each eggs
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12-ounce can sweet potato (canned or frozen), mashed

Pecan honey butter:
1 stick butter (at room temperature)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup toasted pecans

To make pecan honey butter, combine butter, honey and toasted pecans. Set aside.

To make the pancakes, combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir in milk and beaten eggs. Add oil and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Fold in the mashed sweet potatoes (should result in a lumpy texture). In a small nonstick frying pan, heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil over medium heat. Pour in batter to desired size. Cook until dark brown (sweet potato pancakes take a little longer to cook than regular pancakes because of the density of the sweet potatoes). Serve pancakes warm with pecan honey butter.

LADY DI
04-29-2008, 10:10 PM
I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I haven't been on intercot for a while and just noticed that you posted the recipe for those amazing cornbread muffins.

Thank you so much. I can't wait to make them.