PDA

View Full Version : Local Pin trading?

ariel03
09-25-2007, 07:45 PM
DH recently got into pin trading and heard that there are local pin trading events here in the northeast and was wondering if anyone had any information for me on this. I have no idea where to find where these would take place. If there was any in NJ or PA would be cool for DH. Thanks! :mickey:

JPL
09-25-2007, 08:10 PM
I know there are some in the North and Central Jersey area I would get in touch with PrincessEmmasMommy. I work with her and I know that she goes to pin trading events with her daughter and husband.

vamaggie
09-26-2007, 02:21 PM
I also think that the Disney store in NYC has some trading nights as well. May be worth a call to them as they may also know of any local events. Good Luck! but beware of Pin Hawks-the hard core pin collectors who only care about getting the really rare,expensive pins from you cheaply. They are usually the ones with giant cases, rolling bags and tons of pins on their bodies. Have had some bad experiences with such at WDW.

PrincessEmmasMommy
09-27-2007, 05:40 PM
There are more than events, there are clubs. We belong to the North Jersey Pin Traders and are going to an event in Somerset sponsored by the Central Jersey Pin traders club. PM me and I'll send you their website if you want. Oct. 19-21 they are having a weekend event called swap til you drop. I haven't been before, but friends tell me it is a great time and is very family friendly. We are excited about it. Most areas have clubs and you can find out about most of them on Diz Pins.
Let me know if you need more info!
Happy Trading!
Jen