PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Le Cellier 9/19/07

MMouse6937
09-25-2007, 05:36 PM
We ate at this location on our last trip and my DH fell in love with their menu. It has everything he likes. I also had a fabulous meal at the last visit so we made this a must do on our list.

We arrived close to our 6:00 pm ADR time. We were told the wait was about 15 minutes. We again were amazed by the droves of people being turned away for walk up seating.

The wait was very close to the 15 minutes and we were seated in a little quiet section. The ambience of this restaurant is so wonderful, dark, cozy, very nice.

Our server was Charlotte and she was from Ottawa. She was wonderful and made us feel very comfortable. We ordered coffee, coke, molsen and my DH had to get a Moosehead beer on tap, it's the only place here in the states we've found it that way.

Our appetizers were next: DH and I ordered the Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. It is one of the most wonderful things in the whole world. I make it at home and I must say I've gotten pretty close to the receipe but it was just great, bowl licking good! Mom got the shrimp cocktail that had a spicey wasabi sauce. Very good and flavorful. Dad had the beef and barley soup. I didn't try it but mom said that it had a strong boullion flavor whatever that means.

Entrees: Mom had the seared king salmon which she said was cooked perfectly and tasted wonderful. Dad and Mike got the NY Strip, Dad had the roasted Yukon potatoes and DH opted for the cream cheese mashed potatoes. Their meat was wonderful and everyone loved their potatoes. I had the herb crusted prime rib with mashed potatoes. The meat was absolutely to die for. Could have cut it with the fork. Very rich and tasty. I couldn't eat much more than half. Dad and Mike attempted to eat all of theirs and I think paid for it in the end, they were so stuffed.

We split the Creme Brulee, Sorbet, apple crumbler and the Smores for dessert, no one could eat one on their own. The desserts were heavenly but we were all too stuffed to do more than pick at them.

This is one of our favorite meals on property, perfect food, wonderful service. We actually asked Charlotte what she thought of the dining plan going to no added tip next year and she diplomatically said that it would then be the guests choice, but she didn't seem to enthusiastic about it. I really think in the long run the servers are going to suffer. Anyways, we left her a $20 tip in addition to her 18%. This meal would have been $201.39 out of pocket.

Lessie
09-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Sounds delicious! We are trying Le Cellier on our next trip and I can't wait.

Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

Disney1
09-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Le Cellier is one of our favorite restaurants in EPCOT. We go there every trip! I love their burgers, unfortunately they are only served on the lunch menu.

LoriMistress
09-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Excellent review! Thanks for sharing and going into details with your experience. I cannot wait until DH and I eat here. I think I'm looking forward to eating here the most.

SBETigg
09-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Nice review! I'm glad you had good service and a nice relaxed meal.

pogo
09-25-2007, 09:11 PM
OK...... still another place we haven't eaten at yet. Can you tell we don't do the meal plan ?

But your decription of the meals have our mouth's watering. Thanks for sharing. :D

cal5755
09-25-2007, 10:10 PM
mmm mmm mmmm.... sounds so yummy!! We are going to try that next september... I can't wait.. only 173 more days til I can make all our adr's...

Jared
09-26-2007, 12:19 AM
Everybody raves about Le Cellier, but I really haven't wanted to try it.

Anyway, thanks for another great review. I've been enjoying reading your posts tonight.

:tasty:

martinfamily5
09-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Thank you so much for the great review. We are eating there on our upcoming Oct. trip. Can't wait!!!

goofysbabe
09-26-2007, 12:10 PM
We LOVED :heart:Le Cellier - Pretzel bread & cheese soup :tasty:- I just can not say enough about it. Glad you like it.

mrsHerbie53
09-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Absolutely one of our family's favorites!!! :number1:

17 days and we are having lunch there!!!!!

I too love the pretzel bread, cheese soup, steak, and potatoes...

Oh, my, how will I sleep tonight!! :)

k_reile
10-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Dh and I just got back from our trip and we ate at Le Cellier. We both got the prime rib but I got mine with the mashed potatoes...omg both of those together was heavenly...Dh really liked his prime rib with the yukon potatoes. We loved the cheddar beer soup and pretzel bread but were not really into the desert. I got the smores and found it too hard to eat (literally it was a hard piece and you could not cut it at all) Dh got the creme brulee was said was ok...but both of us were soo stuffed that it did not matter.
I also got the Glow-tini from the year of a million dreams...very good.

vamaggie
10-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Can't wait to try it in Nov. We will be on the DDP for the 1st (and probably last) time and chose Le Cellier since DH loves prime rib.

DessertDivaFL
10-03-2007, 11:11 AM
Love your review and thanks for making us all hungry! I can't wait until Nov. 16 when we go!