PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Sci Fi Dine In 9/18/07

MMouse6937
09-25-2007, 03:58 PM
This is another tradition for our trips, my DH loves this place. We know there are mixed reviews here about this place but we always go and haven't ever been really disappointed.

We checked in at the podium almost right at 5:00 pm and noticed that there were quite a few people in front of us being turned away for not having ADRs. We were actually asked what type of table we wanted, I guess because there were four of us. I wanted to sit in one of the cars even though I knew it would mean turning around to talk to my parents. We waited about 6 minutes before being seated. We sat in the front row of cars in the first and second rows of the car. DH and I sat in front. Our server's name was Tony from Long Island. He was very nice. We had a coke, cherry coke, chocolate milkshake, and a coffee which were out in quick order.

We decided to split 2 TS credit between the four of us. My mom and I split the spinach and artichoke dip for an appetizer which I thought was wonderful. Hot, bubbly cheese that was nicely flavored. Dad and DH had the onion rings which were just onion rings in my opinion, but what do I know? For entrees we both split the rack of ribs with french fries. We all thought the ribs were nice and tender with a good sauce. Not the best I've ever eaten, but certainly not the worst.

Service was great, ambience was the best, and no problem with splitting the meals. Tony took one TS credit off of each of our cards, and even brought all the food out on seperate plates with plenty of extra plates for sharing. My parents got a huge kick out of the drive in atmosphere and the movie clips. My mom kept saying, "they really played these type of movies on the tv on saturday mornings, I remember!!" It was really a hoot.

All in all, nice meal, nice service, definately will do it again!

MMouse6937
09-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Forgot to say that the meal would have been $88.93 out of pocket.

disneydrmr
09-25-2007, 04:19 PM
So glad you had a good experience here. It is a neat place to eat.

NJGIRL
09-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Good review. We love this place. We never had a bad meal there yet and go every trip. It's not gourmet food since you are supposed to be in a drive inn but it's good.

GreenBeetle
09-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Sci-Fi is one of our favorites too. I agree it's not the best food in the world, but the atmosphere is one-of-a-kind. We always schedule a lunch there. :thumbsup:

LoriMistress
09-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Great review! Didn't know they served ribs during dinner. That is good news for my DH to know...he loves ribs.

Bluesky481
09-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the review :mickey: This is a place I've always wanted to try!

grumpyguy
09-25-2007, 07:26 PM
we love the sci-fi!!!last year we had a great meal,great service and alot of fun too!!
cm gave mywife and i an autographed card
congratulating us on our second honeymoon..
and it wasn't!!if asked i would recommend the sci-fi.it is what it is.:thumbsup:

pogo
09-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the dining review. We've never eaten here either so it was all good information. :D

SgtTigger
09-25-2007, 10:31 PM
Thank you very much for the review....

We also love the Sci-Fi......

:cop: :tigger:

Jared
09-26-2007, 12:13 AM
Thanks for another great review!

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. My family had dinner there a few years ago for the atmosphere and probably won't go back because of the food.