PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Chef Mickey's Breakfast 9/18/07

MMouse6937
09-25-2007, 03:36 PM
We headed to Chef Mickey's for a 9:10 am ADR on Tuesday. We drove to the Contemporary in our rental car. We always have this meal as a tradition on our first full day at WDW so I am very familiar with the Contemporary. We checked in at the podium and were given a pager. We had barely sat down in the waiting area when our pager went off. We had maybe waited 2 minutes. I was surprised that Goofy wasn't in his normal place mixing with guest in front of the restaurant, but maybe he was on a break.

We sat on the right hand side of the restaurant, a different spot for us. I thought we would be so far out of the way that we would miss the action of the place, but that wasn't the case at all. We got up and got some food. I started with some cheesey hashbrowns, sausage, pancakes, and eggs. The server brought us some juice, coffee, and a milk for my DH. Everyone seemed to have a little bit of everything: bacon, cinnamon rolls, waffles, potatoes, biscuits, etc. Everything was very good and warm.

The character interaction was wonderful. We started out with Minnie. She was great. I had the characters signing my autograph book and halfway through her signature she forgot how to spell mouse! :D She had to start over. It was a great, off kilter moment and she was great about it. We also got to see Mickey, Pluto, and Donald. Goofy was in the room but again almost made it to our table and then had to leave.

We also used the dining plan for this one but only used one credit each and paid for the other one. Apparently this was a little tricky as I found out later that the server had charged both credits to our card which would have made it difficult down the road as we were using up TS credits at sit down places. We went to guest services at POR and the lady took care of it there no problem.

We left the server a few extra dollars on top of her 18%. This meal would have been $80.90 without the dining plan. Great experience overall.

tomorrowschild
09-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the post. We have done Chef Mickey's at supper before, but never breakfast. We will be heading for the World in 2008 with my new daughter she will be around 1 and we would like to do a "classic" character meal with her- so we were considering breakfast here. It was great to hear such a good review!

disneydrmr
09-25-2007, 03:50 PM
Sounds like an enjoyable meal! Did Goofy ever make it to you?

kathiep
09-25-2007, 03:53 PM
We had our first breakfast there last week and loved it.

The food was terrific; not sure who liked the PB&J pizza better, the kids or DH! I loved the fruit/yogurt/granola mix.

All 5 characters stopped at our table in quick succession; Mickey, Minney, Goofy, Pluto and Donald. Such a treat to see Donald.

We will definately be going back.

Jared
09-26-2007, 01:04 AM
Chef Mickey's is always fun. Glad to hear you had a good breakfast.

Thanks for posting!