PDA

View Full Version : No X-Mas Country Bears Again This Year

bfbulldog
09-25-2007, 03:04 PM
Read below:

Screamscape has been informed that the management at the Magic Kingdom has decided once again to not run the Christmas version of the Country Bear Jamboree for the second year in the row. The lower level management protested of course, reminding them of all the complaints they had last year when the Christmas show was given the budget ax, but apparently this was shrugged off because those were just ‘verbal complaints’. Apparently Disney management feels that verbal complaints hold less water since they carry no physical presence and are often made hastily, while anyone who sends in a written complain is taken more seriously since they have the paperwork to deal with as well as the fact that the guest took the extra time to actually write something and send it in.
Since this is the second year in a row that they have tried to skip out on the Christmas show, it pretty much leads one to conclude that they are ready to get rid of the show forever and may never bring it back if something isn’t done. So if you would like to see the Christmas version of the Country Bear Jamboree show brought back to the park then please send your written comments to:

Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

JPL
09-25-2007, 03:08 PM
The got written complaints from me going straight up to Mr. Iger last year when they cancelled it.

DisneyNut2005
09-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Well, apparently, the same music licensing issues that kept the Bears from doing their Xmas show last year (particularly with the song "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer") have not been straightened out yet.

jpH/keD
09-25-2007, 04:44 PM
I am totally bummed! I had heard hopeful talk this fall about the show possibly going on for this year.:( We are going in Nov and so wanted to see the bears in their holiday finery. How sad! I will send a written complaint if it will do any good....maybe for next year we can get them back.

IloveDisney71
09-25-2007, 04:50 PM
This is very disappointing. I was looking forward to sharing this experience with my family this Dec. :( Thanks for the address. I'll be sending a letter.

Goes4FastPass
09-25-2007, 05:43 PM
I never heard a Walt Disney quote that went like, "When it comes to our attractions, save a penny every way you can."

LoriMistress
09-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Scream Scape isn't very reliable. Remember, it's only a rumor.

JPL
09-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Well, apparently, the same music licensing issues that kept the Bears from doing their Xmas show last year (particularly with the song "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer") have not been straightened out yet.

The licensing is about Disney not wanting to pay royalties to use it. I have to say with the recent price raises for admission, hard ticket events and parking they should use some of this to offset the cost of royalties. If they keep taking things away and raising prices eventually people will start to realize the value of a Disney Vacation is gone. I know this attraction is not exclusive to MVMCP but let's look at what has been happening with this event. First they raise the price and take away the free family photo. Then they stop closing and clearing the park making it less conveinient for party guests who have to fight upstream to enter the lands and constantly show a wristband to proceed as the party starts in order to allow regular guests more oppurtunity to shop and spend money. While getting less and less common it has been reported that some not so honest stayed for the parades and fireworks without paying since this new system was put into place. I understand that WDw is a business and is out to make money but eventually any business that losses sight of the need and wants of a consumer is bound to see a negative effect. I have said it in the past and I will say it again most people don't miss it because they have never experienced it therefore less complaints. If they tried this at DLR the masses of regulars would complain until it nwas put back in place. Unfortunately at WDW alot of people are first time visitors if not to the parks but at the time of year this takes place.

DisneyNut2005
09-25-2007, 06:07 PM
The licensing is about Disney not wanting to pay royalties to use it.

Actually, they're still working on negotiating a new agreement to use the "Rudolph" song.

Keep in mind that the same copyright issues with "Rudolph" affected other WDW holiday shows last year as well, including "Celebrate the Season" and "Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas", causing those programs to have to remove their respective "Rudolph" segments.

JPL
09-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Yes but the difference is they changed those shows and don't want to spend the money to reprogram that section of the CBJ Christmas or record a new segment for it so Max has a line or song in the show and they can't simply take it out like can the other shows. So anyway you slice it it boils down to Disney not wanting to spend any money for the attraction. The show is not dependant on one song.

Boomerbilia
10-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Yes but the difference is they changed those shows and don't want to spend the money to reprogram that section of the CBJ Christmas or record a new segment for it so Max has a line or song in the show and they can't simply take it out like can the other shows. So anyway you slice it it boils down to Disney not wanting to spend any money for the attraction. The show is not dependant on one song.

I am totally on your side and letters should be written. HOWEVER, if you have been following postings over the past year, you would have found out that you are off base with the reasons.

The problem is licensing of the songs for the show with some owners DEMANDING significant increases from Disney.

Disney has been negotiating in good faith, but has also been working on a revised show with music that they own so that guests won't be held at ransom by third party thieves in the future.

Don't think this one is Disney. It's not. Take my word, I know.

PirateLover
10-21-2007, 12:05 AM
This may be impossib;e, but couldn't they pick new songs and reprogram the attraction, or cut the song(s) that are giving them problems if there aren't too many. Does anyone know what the songs are? I know some of the songs I've never heard outside of the attraction. If they were written specifically for the attraction and now people are being greedy, that would make me upset. At any rate I'm sending a snail mail letter into Disney. Hopefully they can find a way to bring the attraction back.

Goes4FastPass
10-21-2007, 02:48 PM
....Disney has been negotiating in good faith, but has also been working on a revised show with music that they own so that guests won't be held at ransom by third party thieves in the future.

Don't think this one is Disney. It's not. Take my word, I know.Somehow, when I visualize Disney negotioating copyrights I don't get a picture of Uncle Walt shaking hands. No, Disney is a take-it-or-leave-it Goliath of a negotiator - espceially around copyrights.

If they bother to make a CBJ Christmas version again it will all be very generic house created music:

It's a magic Disney, magic princess, magic, magic, holiday,
Every song we sing is magic,
In a special magic way...