PDA

View Full Version : Who has been in Spring?

ryca1dreams
09-25-2007, 01:12 PM
A friend returned from overseas and wants to take the family to WDW. The spring break for his kids is mid-March. Has anyone been that time?

I realize any time in March-April is bound to be a little busier with Spring-breakers, but he does not want to take the kids out of school. What kinds of crowds should he expect?

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Spring is an awesome time to go to WDW, the weather is awesome!!

With all of the spring-breakers it WILL be quite crowded... Mid-March is prime spring break time... and... this year easter is March 23rd, so unfortunately Mid-March should be swamped...

You can do it with some planning, make any ADR's you want WAY in advance, use fastpasses to your full advantage, and be patient...

Happy vacationing!! :mickey:

mudpuppysmom
09-25-2007, 05:02 PM
My husband came back from overseas at the beginning of April and we took off for WDW two weeks later for 10 days. I don't know if I was just oblivious to the crowds, but HONESTLY I do not remember it being that crowded. Maybe I was just in awe that he was finally home?? I remember wait times being minimal. We were there from April 12-28 -- not all that time at Disney, but we were there a few days, went to the beach a few days then went back to Disney and I really don't remember it being overly bad to deal with.

Tell your friend about Shades of Green -- it's a military resort that has value resort pricing with deluxe accommodations!! It's a great place to stay!

faline
09-25-2007, 06:21 PM
Next year, Easter will fall in March so I would expect mid-March to be very crowded!

adoptionislove
09-25-2007, 10:56 PM
We are going 3/15-3/23/08.

We went Spring Break 06 and it was crowded. The 1st part of the week the weather was to die for! By the weekend is was very warm.

Have fun!

Michelle

tomorrowschild
09-26-2007, 04:12 PM
It will be very busy. Expect long lines. But they should make use of fastpass. Plus if they stay on property then they can take advantage of EMH's as well. Spring is a great time to go. The Flower and Garden Festival at EPCOT is amazing.

hellokitty3
09-27-2007, 11:28 AM
I went the very first week of March this year, 07. It was perfect! The temp was mid 70's and most rides were no more than 20 minute waits. There were a few exceptions like the Kilamanjaro Safari at AK. It was very relaxing not to wait in line for hours to ride Small World or Pirates of the Caribbean.

goofysbabe
09-27-2007, 11:47 AM
The first time we went to WDW was Spring break and we'll NEVER do that again. If it wasn't for my sister who is in a wheelchair we would have seen hardly anything at all. We did attractions that she could do and they took us as a group. My oldest wanted to ride the "Big" rides, but the wait times were horrible. You could hardly walk thru MK. I cried. I had waited so long to go and then when I get there you couldn't even move. The weather was nice (actually it was really hot- but I'm from Indiana and loved being somewhere warm). If they must go in the spring - take caution.