PDA

View Full Version : Food at Biergarten for kids?

caubert
09-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Just wanted to know how the food is or what types of food they have for kids at Biergarten. If anyone with kids has been there before , please share your kid's opinions. Thanks.

caubert

kathiep
09-25-2007, 01:21 PM
My kids, 4 and 2, were happy with the selection.

Of course there was macaroni and cheese. And, they tried several of the different types of "hot dogs", really sausage and kielbasa.

There was breaded pork breast with hunter sauce that they both enjoyed. They probably thought it was a large chicken nugget!

Mickey'sGirl
09-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Our boys (Aged 8 and almost 3 at the time) both really enjoyed their dinners there -- spaetzle, sausage, fish, green beans I could go on.... They really did enjoy it ... and they LOVED the band.:thumbsup:

floridamom
09-25-2007, 01:45 PM
My DDs 4 and 2 also ate well and enjoyed sampling some of the more kid-friendly items from the buffet. They especially liked some of the macaroni salads, sausages, and of course, desserts. Overall, the flavors were not that exotic and unfamiliar to them, and my 4 year old especially enjoyed trying foods that "children in other countries" would eat.

The real hit of the day, however, was the entertainment. Usually buffets are tricky because we end up getting the kids their food first, then taking turns to get ours, and by the time both mommy and daddy are seated with food, the girls are done! In this case, they were so absorbed in the music and dancing, that we adults were actually able to make multiple trips to the buffet, take our time, and really enjoy the food and atmosphere.

Though I may not necessarily seek out a German restaurant at home, we would definitely go back to Biergarten while at Epcot. :mickey:

mickey&missy
09-25-2007, 01:46 PM
my kids, 5 and almost 4 at the time, also really enjoyed the food at Biergarten. There is a lot of stuff to choose from and some tummy deserts. Plus, the music and dancing is sooo much fun for them it really makes the meal secondary!

Enjoy!!

Deansgal85
09-25-2007, 02:23 PM
We have a late ADR (8:00) for the Biergarten in November....will the music and dancing still be in full swing...don't want to miss the fun! THANKS!:beer:

mouseketeer mom
09-25-2007, 04:44 PM
We went last year with our 3 kids. My oldest was the only one out of the five of us who didn't enjoy it. The smell of saurkraut is very strong from the minute you walk in, and she almost keeled over. She begged to leave. She is picky tho, and sensitive and high maintanance...;) As for my 2 younger kids and us, why, we loved it!!!!!! My 2 younger kids who sometimes don't get along very well, were dancing the polka together and loving the place together! The food wasn't soo exotic., plenty of choices..hot dog type sausages, breaded cutlets, and a childrens section with mac and cheese and stuff they are sure to eat. Plenty of interesting things for them to try to, if they are not that picky, and plenty of fun choices for the grown ups. The band and dancing are a whole lot of fun. A good energy dining experience!