PDA

View Full Version : The Coffee House

disneydrmr
09-25-2007, 12:43 PM
How's the cappucinos at the Coffee House at Disneyland Hotel? That's where we'll be staying so I thought grabbing one before we head out to the parks would be good... I'm especially interested in the flavors (chocolate mint and raspberry) to go into the cappucino... I know that people say the coffee at WDW is bad.. but I've never heard anything on them at Disneyland...

BrerGnat
09-30-2007, 02:56 PM
The coffee at DLR is pretty good. Mainly due, I believe, to the water quality and lack of sulfer taste. They probably use the same coffee, but it is good at DLR.

The cappucinos at the Main Street Bakery are pretty good. I assume all the coffee places are about the same. Be aware that the coffee house at DLH is very small and gets pretty crowded in the mornings! There are many many places you can get a cappucino, though.

tamquilts
10-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Last week I had a Cafe Mocha at Blue Ribbon Bakery. It was delicious! I noticed they were promoting a variety of seasonal flavors - but I'm stuck in the "mocha rut." I'm assuming the coffee house makes the same kind of drinks, but I really don't know. The only hot drink I've ever gotten at the coffee house is hot chocolate. Yummy! :mickey:

disneydrmr
10-08-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks for responding...

Natalie.. thanks for the warning on the crowds in the morning! I'll keep that in mind and probably wait until we are in the parks then to get my fix!

Tamquilts - do you remember what any of those seasonal flavors were? I LOVE Pumpkin Spice that I get from from a local gas station...

NotaGeek
10-08-2007, 02:18 PM
I am a very disgruntled coffee drinker at Disney, and I avoid it at all costs. The coffee house at the DLH is dismal and SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW service. The La Brea Bakery n DTD is only marginally better. The closest Starbucks is at the Sheraton about 10 minutes from the Resort ... I have never been so desperate that i have gone there before hitting the park, but it's the closest decent coffee around. Maybe one day Disney will jump on the GOOD coffee money making band wagon.

tamquilts
10-08-2007, 06:07 PM
:)
Here's a snippet from the Disneyland Halloween Time Web Page about the Seasonal Treats available:

Blue Ribbon Bakery: Chocolate Mickey Pumpkin Cookie, Cream Filled Pumpkin Muffins, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Caramel Apple Cider
Gibson Girl Ice Cream: Pumpkin Sprinkle and Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cones
Plaza Inn: Sliced Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Cheesecake
Carnation Café: Pumpkin King Mousse Tarts
"Woody's Halloween Roundup" at Big Thunder Ranch: Cotton Candy in Halloween colors, Spooky-Kookie Cookie Decorating Kits

ChipDale
10-09-2007, 10:41 AM
I like the coffee and the coffee drinks at The Coffee House. They open early - like 6:30am or so and if you're an early riser the lines aren't bad. :)

WiLdOrCa
10-17-2007, 10:35 PM
The coffee at DLR is pretty good. Mainly due, I believe, to the water quality and lack of sulfer taste. They probably use the same coffee, but it is good at DLR.

The cappucinos at the Main Street Bakery are pretty good. I assume all the coffee places are about the same. Be aware that the coffee house at DLH is very small and gets pretty crowded in the mornings! There are many many places you can get a cappucino, though.

Let me tell you, my husband absolutely has to have a triple shot mocha each and every day! We always got it at the Main Street Bakery, and he is very picky about taste! He's NEVER complained of them ONCE. He loves em', and will even go for another one later in the day! Darned caffiene addict.... LOL!

:tasty:
:mjump:

Vickie

MegaDisney
10-19-2007, 12:37 AM
I guess I am a Starbucks snob, but I am also not a big fan of the coffee at the Hotel.

La Brea bakery is better. The coffee cart in DCA and The Bakery on Main Street are pretty good.

They are opening a Starbucks much closer than the Sheraton:

Harbor & Ball, Anaheim
1200 S. Harbor Blvd
Anaheim, CA 92805

DoomBuggyDude
10-19-2007, 02:16 PM
I still give Compass in DTD a good 4 stars.

There's almost never a line, the pasteries
are great and they build your coffee to your
liking.

TONS of reading material to take out to the
patio and people watch, too.