PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe question

KellyWasHere
09-25-2007, 12:07 PM
We're leaving for Disney World in 4 days (woohoo!!). We wanted to go to Kona Cafe for breakfast one of those days, but haven't gotten an ADR because we're taking our one year old and are trying to stay as flexible as possible for her.

So, I have 2 questions:

1) What do you estimate the chances are for us to get seated without an ADR for breakfast are?

2) Is Kona too "upscale" to take a baby to? (I would never take her there for dinner .. am hoping breakfast would be more acceptable!)

I hope it works out, I really want to try that Tonga toast!

Thanks for any input.

Edited, because I found the hours of operation. Duh!

sillyolbear
09-25-2007, 12:18 PM
I would think you have a pretty god chance of a walk up for breakfast.

Kona is very child friendly.

Enjoy breakfast!

SueQ
09-25-2007, 12:29 PM
How is the breakfast at Kona Cafe? What kinds of things do they have?? Maybe I will try this place next year on our trip. We'll be staying at FW in a cabin.

DVCWDWMEMBER
09-25-2007, 12:40 PM
We have eaten at the Kona Cafe several times. it is great and wonderful for kids too.
you have to try the Tonga Toast. It is to die for. We will be there over Thanksgiving and have a reservation for breakfast already because we love it so much. :mickey::party:

Figgyluv03
09-25-2007, 12:43 PM
I have that as one my choices for breakfast on my next trip. DBF and I are on the dining plan, so we are only going to do one or two sit down breakfasts and pay OoP. I heard really great reviews on the Tonga Toast, so I'm looking forward to that!

prprincess
09-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Your chances are good. The only time I've ever made an ADR for breakfast there was when we used the dining plan. Otherwise, we walk up and always manage to nab a table. And no, it's not too upscale for the baby. We've took DS#1 there when he was 18 mo. and he was fine.

If you haven't yet, try the Tonga Toast. To die for!!

laprana
09-25-2007, 01:11 PM
:welcome: to Intercot! While I've never been to Kona for breakfast, I have been there for dinner. It has a very relaxed, casual, comfortable atmosphere. There were many kids there when we ate there last June, and they fit right in!:thumbsup: If you're still not sure about taking your baby there, though, and want a quicker option, you could go to Captain Cooks (the quick service retaurant at the Poly) and get Tonga Toast there. I'm not sure if it is as good as the Tonga Toast at Kona, but it's an option! Have a great trip!! :wave:

gardenia
09-25-2007, 01:18 PM
You can also get Tonga Toast, and a very nice breakfast, at the food court downstairs from Kona Cafe (Captain Cook's). We've had the Tonga Toast both places, and yes, it's the same.

mrp4352
09-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Not to spoil the Tonga Toast parade - but the pineapple macademia nut pancakes are also to die for!

Also, I think the atmosphere is casual enough that if you went early evening (say before 7) your one year old would be fine!

Enjoy you meal!

Natazu
09-26-2007, 01:22 AM
On a weekday, 80%. On a weekend, 50%.

Kona is excellent for children. The food is wonderful but the atmosphere isn't at all fancy.

Jared
09-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Kona is excellent for children. The food is wonderful but the atmosphere isn't at all fancy.
I agree. Don't hesitate to take your daughter to Kona Cafe. It's a great restaurant but not upscale. The atmosphere is casual and great for families.

:tasty:

KellyWasHere
09-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Thanks so much, everyone! We made an ADR for Monday, the person said it wasn't a problem if we cancel last minute. If that doesn't work maybe we'll just drop by at some point and if we can't get into Kona's well just go to Captain Cook's. That's so good to know!

There will be 4 adults, so we're all going to get something different so one person won't be overwhelmed with all the sweetness of the Tonga toast. I'm psyched about the pinapple and macadamia pancakes!

Thanks again everyone, all this info is so helpful.