PDA

View Full Version : 1st visit to pop century from UK

g4vge
09-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Can anyone please tell me if you can request a room or block before we travel there, and which rooms are the best?:mickey:
I hear that there are no hairdryers in the room but can anyone tell me if there are drinks facilities in the room ie:-tea/coffee etc?
Do we also need to take beach towels with us for the poolside or does the hotel provide these for you?:secret:

Disneyatic
09-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Hi! :welcome:
I am still fairly new to Intercot myself, but you will find that it is the greatest place for info and advice!!
We have stayed at Pop 2 times and both times we did have a hair dryer in our room. I have heard that if you don't have one, you can request one free of charge from guest services. There is no coffee/tea service and no fridge.
Also, you can request rooms, but there is no 100% guarantee that you will get your request.
If you need adjoining rooms because of children or something like that, be sure to be specific because I think they take the reason into account!
They do not provide towels at the pool, you have to either bring beach towels or use towels from your room (which are tiny!)

I hope I have helped, I am sure more people will be along to give you more info!!

g4vge
09-25-2007, 01:36 PM
:mickey:thanks a lot you've been very helpfull!!!

BigRedDad
09-25-2007, 01:39 PM
there are no coffee makers to my knowledge. My parents are going in 3 weeks and had to buy their own.

LADY DI
09-25-2007, 08:57 PM
For $11.99 you can buy a large plastic refillable souvenir mug with lid for free refills for the length of your stay. You can fill up with coffee, tea, hot chocolcate , softdrinks...

karenrarintogo
09-25-2007, 10:54 PM
We stayed in a standard room at Pop Century. We requested a king size bed room and got it! Nice surprise, since we really didn't expect it.

The room did have a hair dryer, iron, and ironing board. The hair dryer and iron worked fine. There was a suitcase stand in the room. There were a couple of extra pillows. There were plenty of standard sizeds bath towels, handtowels, and washclothes. Soap and shampoo/conditioner also provided. Shampoo left my hair a little weird--hard to explain, but I like my own shampoo a lot better.
No coffee maker in the room.
We were pleased overall with our room, although it wasn't as clean as it could have been. At least when we entered it still smelled faintly of chlorine bleach, which was reassuring to us.
We found some cold pills and a box of bandaids in the drawers. The drawers apparently weren't checked by mousekeeping. Tossed the cold pills, washed my hands just in case cold germs were on the box, and kept the bandaids, which were put to good use! :mickey:

benny
09-25-2007, 11:03 PM
We had our first visit at POP in January this year and loved it. Our room was just fine. We went knowing it isn't a deluxe and was pleasantly suprised at how comfortable the beds were and it really wasn't that small (there was 2 of us). We had a hairdryer which was fine. There wasn't a coffee maker in the room but we purchased the refillable mugs for $11.99 (I think) and they were great. We used them for both cold drinks (including frozen coke) and hot drinks.

We paid for a standard room but when we checked in we very politely requested a room in the "Tramp" building (as in lady and the tramp) with a view of Epcot fireworks and got it. It was great. They cannot guarantee that you will get one but it is worth asking and the building was close to the Food court etc. so I recommend you do this.

You will find the foodcourt great as it has a lot fo choices that should please everyone. The shop at POP is really good.

Have a great time!

Jenny :mickey: