PDA

View Full Version : How To Romance A Man?

angedeaile
09-25-2007, 04:24 AM
My big question....
How do you sweep a man off of his feet?

We have been together 5 wonderful years and will be celebrating another year together January at DW. I really want to make our upcoming trip special.

I do know food is the key to his heart, but I need more! Every year he comes up with these terribly romantic ways to celebrate. On our last anniversary, he recreated our first date. It was amazing. This year, I want to do something amazing for him.

So, what do men consider romantic?

I have planned a wonderful dinner at Cali Grill the night of the official day. So I think I have the food part covered, but I want to do more and have zero ideas!

So, please tell me....what should I consider doing on our trip to let him feel special for once?

faline
09-25-2007, 05:13 AM
Would he like something like a couples spa treatment? You could try out the new Mandara Spa. (http://www.swandolphin.com/activities/spa.html)

How about a special photography session? You could set up a session with Stan Kelley Photography. (http://www.flmemories.com/)

Here are some ideas on Romance at Disney World. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/adults/romance.asp)

ThanxForNoticin
09-25-2007, 01:02 PM
There are many options for you. Reading the link above is a great place to start ('Romance at DW'). However, a few years back my wife and I celebrated a very special anniversary, and I wanted it to be extra special. There is a company called Gifts of a Lifetime (they have a web site) who will work with you to design your own special event at Disney. We did a romantic scavenger hunt that ended with a romantic dinner at GF. They are not associated with Disney, but will coordinate things for you on Disney property. We had a terrific experience, and it might be something you could look into (if they are still in business).

teambricker04
09-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Does he like sports? You could always do WWof Sports stuff or even a car racing thingy.

My husband wants to do the segway tour at EPCOT like nobodys business. That's one thing on our "list"

Good luck... I bet you both will have a lot of fun!

tovin
09-25-2007, 01:51 PM
My plans for our 5th wedding anniversary to WDW:
Keep in mind, we have a very informal sense of romantic! :) We love the little things!!

Our happiest moment on our honeymoon was finding that Catalina Island had a mini-golf course! So when we go to WDW for our 5th anniversary (I have to plan ahead....no money!) mini-golf is the plan!

He would *hate* the mention of a spa, so instead I decided to have the room decorated (I believe I'm going through gifts of a lifetime as well) while we were out for the day and little snacks and presents for us both to relax to.

I'm smuggling money away for the trip to be entirely pre-paid (his #1 gift) since his main worry in travel is money. He's also getting 3 new Nintendo DS games for the flight there since his second issue is airports/flying he hates it!!

I've found a few Figment dolls here and there and he'll get them one a day since that's his fave char and I didn't see them anywhere on our last trip.

Basically my honey doesn't really do romance for himself very well. If I find something that I know he'd love, or appreciate or that would touch him, that's romance for us, so I try to keep doing those little things. We both love the same things (sports, mini-golf, fast food any day over fine dining and dressing up) so it makes it easy!

If I planned a fancy-dancy evening and made him go formal he'd hate every second of it, even though I'd enjoy it!

Only you can know what romance is for your love!

T

LoriMistress
09-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Most guys don't like being romanced...their reasoning is that it's their job to romance the woman. Though, you could win his heart with drinking around the world (at Epcot), or just give him a shinny object.

#1donaldfan
09-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Man just want food and fire.....we want to be the king of our cave....

TheRustyScupper
09-26-2007, 02:05 PM
I hesitated to answer. But, what the heck.

1) Us men do not take romance well.
2) OK, so most of us.
3) You know, Mars versus Venus.
4) Many of us can GIVE great romance, but can't TAKE it.

5) Here are some guidelines
. . . stroke our ego, we like that A LOT
. . . make us sound like we are the kings, we like that, too
. . . give us something special - things we like to do
. . . forget about girly flowers, cards, or cutesy trinkets
6) Here are some recommendations
. . . buy us a round of golf, or other favored activity
. . . buy us a golf-sports-tee shirt, that's not dressy
. . . buy us junk lunch at fast food, not a fancy dinner
. . . buy us a day (or a few hours) alone
. . . buy us something we can use at work, and brag about to other guys

NOTE: I do not speak for all men, but I know I speak for a lot of them. I get great reviews from my wife and her friends for romantic things I do, but I cannot take romantic stuff well myself. Once in a while, only once in a while, guys talk about this on the golf course, and it seems to be the consensus - or at least we all seem to complain about the cutesy and useless gifts we got. Oh, the pain of talking about unused Christmas and Father's Day gifts . . .

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-26-2007, 02:35 PM
When we were at WDW for our honeymoon, I bought DH the Richard Petty Racing Experience at the Speedway.

He loved every minute of it...and still talks about it!

It might not have been wonderfully "romantic" but to him the fact that I booked it, sat there and watched him drive, was awesome.

Something a bit different to consider :plot:

TammiMcMan
09-26-2007, 05:09 PM
I surprised my husband with a spa treatment during our last anniversary trip. I didn't tell him about it ahead of time, because I knew he'd be freaked out. When we got up that morning, I gave him his "itinerary" for the day and when he saw the sports massage listed, he proceeded to bombard me with questions. I was a little apprehensive, but I knew once he got there, he'd love it. After the massage, we headed over to the ESPN club, where we spent the rest of the day sitting in the lounge watching football. It ended up being a perfect day.

mouseketeer mom
09-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Ooo! I know! A fireworks cruise! How about The Breathless for illuminations. Its a little more romantic then a pontoon boat, I think. It books up really fast, but you never know. Even the Wishes fireworks cruise would be romantic.
OR
How about tandem parasailing from the Contemporary (I believe you combined can't weigh over 300 lbs) or even just parasailing for him while you take a ton of pics of him!

angedeaile
09-26-2007, 07:57 PM
LOL. Alot of creative and humorous replies. Thanks everyone.

As for romance, he likes it. He is a rarity. Which is why I was struggling with ideas. Most ideas are aimed for women, because so many men aren't really that into it.

I think one thing I read that I never thought of and would be something he would LOVE would be the Richard Petty Racing Experience at the Speedway. He doesn't care much for sports, but he sure loves fast cars!

It isn't that romantic, but I am sure he would love it and would feel really special....which is really what I am looking to do.

Thanks again for all the great ideas! All that is left now is to do research and make some phone calls on some of these. Infact, this has gotten my creative juices flowing for some ideas of my own! Thanks for all the help!