PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Prime Time 50's Cafe - 9.23.07

septembergirl
09-25-2007, 01:04 AM
This was an ADR we procured around 9:30a at MGM guest services. We had eaten here before with a very large group and the kids requested it. It was not quite the same. Our server was not really feelin' it if you know what I mean. She was okay but not entertaining. Also, she was from the Ukraine or something which kind of threw us off. Now, now, I am not trying to be politically incorrect. It's just that when I think of a nostalgic American 50's dinner table...
Anyway, I tried the roasted pepper. It was tasty enough just not delicious but I was trying to be good. DH got meatloaf. DS14 got fried chicken (can't compete with my homemade). DS12 and DS9 had chicken sandwiches. Everyone got full but no one raved. DD4 got something which she didn't eat but then again, she never does. I will say that the herb cheese appetizer was yummy and DH loved the S'mores.
There was so much food on our table with the DDP that it was just plain wrong. They give you enough milkshake to drown in and that's just for one person.
It was okay but I am glad we weren't paying for it:blush:.

SBETigg
09-25-2007, 06:17 AM
Sorry about the boring server. I'm in no rush to try Prime Time. I'm not into that kind of comfort food for dinner out, but sometimes it can hit the spot. Thanks for the review.

disneydrmr
09-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the review... when I went last December my server wasn't 'all that into it' either... it's a place I would eat at again, but it wouldn't be a top priority place...

Samtastic
09-25-2007, 09:14 AM
I love 50's PTC! I think a big part of it is how good your server is at playing the part. But I think the food is pretty yummy, and I love playing around in Dad's Liquor Cabinet! (Plus there isn't much else at MGM to eat, IMO)

Disneyatic
09-25-2007, 09:55 AM
We tried 50's PT and also weren't very impressed with the food. This was also the longest wait to be seated that we had, we waited over 30 minutes past our ADR.
We had "cousin Monica" and she was pretty good, she picked on DH alot and he was ready to get out of there!
DH and DD liked their fried chicken, I ordered the pot roast and it wasn't to my liking, the sauce tasted weird to me, but I am a picky eater!
I am glad we tried something new, but we'll skip this one on future trips!

KarenP
09-25-2007, 10:03 AM
A bad sever definitely puts a damper on your experience at Prime Time. I have always found the food to be pretty good.

Thanks for your review!

Jared
09-25-2007, 10:50 AM
50's Prime Time Cafe is pretty pointless with a lackluster server. The food is only mediocre.

And I agree the Disney Dining Plan offers way too much food.

Regardless, thanks for the review.

:tasty:

LoriMistress
09-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the review. DH and I love this restaurant and I love their friend chicken and mash potatoes and gravy.