PDA

View Full Version : Orlando International Hyatt

pinkpebble83
09-25-2007, 12:04 AM
Has anyone out there stayed at the airport hotel (Hyatt) provided when booking through Disney? I was just wondering how it works? I read somewhere else that you go to the Hyatt lobby to meet a cast member where they help you with check in? I also wonder what happens with our luggage? Do we put our DCL tags on when we depart our hometown a day early? Or do we need to take it to our hotel with us? Hopefully someone else has taken this route and can provide some advice. Thanks for all your help everyone!

TammiMcMan
09-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Has anyone out there stayed at the airport hotel (Hyatt) provided when booking through Disney?Yes, and it's super convenient.
I read somewhere else that you go to the Hyatt lobby to meet a cast member where they help you with check in?When you arrive at the hotel, you'll check-in at their registration desk. They'll give you a packet of information, explaining what you need to do. In the morning, DCL CM's will be located in the hotel lobby to assist you.
I also wonder what happens with our luggage? Do we put our DCL tags on when we depart our hometown a day early?Don't put the tags on until you arrive in Orlando. You'll be responsible for picking up the luggage if you arrive a day early. Bring it with you to the Hyatt and just before you go to bed, put the tags on and leave them in the hallway. Be sure to keep a daybag with you though, as you won't see your luggage again until at least 1:30pm on your cruise day. The hotel staff will pick up your luggage and put it on the DCL transfer.

pinkpebble83
09-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Thanks for all the information. Sounds like it will be worth the extra money! I want to get to the cruise terminal as early as possible.

DisneyDudet
09-30-2007, 04:25 AM
If you want to get there as early as possible. Plan on leaving your room when you leave your luggage outside. We went down to the transportation area at the time they told us to be there, and there had already been buses that left! So, get up early, and head down once you put your bags out!!!

It really is VERY convenient! The rooms are amazing and its so much fun staying at the airport!

TammiMcMan
09-30-2007, 10:35 AM
If you want to get there as early as possible. Plan on leaving your room when you leave your luggage outside. We went down to the transportation area at the time they told us to be there, and there had already been buses that left! So, get up early, and head down once you put your bags out!!!Has the time changed on when you are supposed to put your luggage out? When we stayed there, the instructions stated to leave it outside our door before going to bed. I believe the first bus left at around 10am. I can't imagine they'd go much earlier, as the port doesn't open until 10:30. Morgan, can you let us know what time "early" is :alarm: ?

DisneyDudet
10-02-2007, 12:51 AM
Has the time changed on when you are supposed to put your luggage out? When we stayed there, the instructions stated to leave it outside our door before going to bed. I believe the first bus left at around 10am. I can't imagine they'd go much earlier, as the port doesn't open until 10:30. Morgan, can you let us know what time "early" is :alarm: ?

When we were there in Jan, bags had to be out in the hall TAGGED by 830 am the day of the cruise. I believe we were told to be down in the lobby at 9, because that is when we left our room, and we were on about the third bus, even though we were there on time. People were after us, but, there were a few buses that had filled prior to us coming down on time (we did EVERYTHING on time that trip!).

I don't know if it was the time of year, or if this is a new deal. I wrote down all the times in my trip journal... It came in handy!

Hope this helps guys!

EDIT: I just read my trip report I posted here, and I have that we put our bags out at 8. In any case, if we do this again, we will drop our luggage outside and then leave. Even if they aren't leaving until around 10, we would want to be on that first bus, instead of the 3,4, or 5th. When we went down and got our bus assignments, we did walk around, and shopped in the airport. They gave us a time they would start calling buses, but I don't remember the time... sorry :(

TammiMcMan
10-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the info on the time. I think that really will help anyone else making plans. I imagine that early flights may have received the first 1 or 2 bus assignments then? Getting there when we want is part of the reason why we schedule town car service :thumbsup:.

pinkpebble83
10-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the update ladies. So is it at all based on what time your flight arrives the night before to determine when you can board the bus? Our flight dosen't get in until 730 so I would imagine we won't be to the hotel till around 8 or so. I hope this is not the case because I want to be on the first bus out! Also, do you check in somewhere in the hotel lobby or do you still go to the regular check in? Thanks for all the great info, only 24 days till our wedding and 26 days till our cruise! I can't wait.

TammiMcMan
10-02-2007, 08:22 PM
So is it at all based on what time your flight arrives the night before to determine when you can board the bus?No, it's actually what time flights arrive the morning of the cruise. If they have people flying in at 8:30am, they'll get an earlier bus assignment than someone staying at the Hyatt who doesn't get their bus assignment until 9 or 9:30am.
Also, do you check in somewhere in the hotel lobby or do you still go to the regular check in? When you check in for your room the night before, it's at the regular registration desk. When you come down in the morning, they had DCL representatives to the right of the registration desk. Morgan can hopefully confirm if that's still how it's done.

DisneyDudet
10-02-2007, 10:21 PM
No, it's actually what time flights arrive the morning of the cruise. If they have people flying in at 8:30am, they'll get an earlier bus assignment than someone staying at the Hyatt who doesn't get their bus assignment until 9 or 9:30am. When you check in for your room the night before, it's at the regular registration desk. When you come down in the morning, they had DCL representatives to the right of the registration desk. Morgan can hopefully confirm if that's still how it's done.

Yes. When you check into the hotel the day/night before, you let them know you are with the cruise and you have paid for the transfer(it is the same check in for everyone staying at the Hyatt). They will give you the information about specific times and such. The table in the morning is off to the right, and there is ample waiting area (not so much sitting, but def waiting).

What determines the bus you are on is what time you come down to the lobby in the morning and get your party on the list. They assign you a bus and they call it later. Its a first come first serve basis. So, the people that had already been waiting, were on the first few buses. More people came down after we did, so they got later buses.

They take you down on the hotel elevator in groups down to the loading area. If you stay at the MCO Hyatt, you will only travel with those who stayed at the hotel. Also, this is a loading area for luggage. I'm not sure if it is just hotel luggage, or others, but we saw all of our luggage as we walked by! That made us feel better about our luggage being in the hands of others! This way, we were pretty sure it would get on the ship!

If you didn't stay at the hotel the night before, and just flew in that day, you would go down to the special DCL area (much like DME) and they will check you in there, and take the next available bus. They will have attempt to have buses ready for the incoming flights and amounts of passengers, but it could take time if you had to wait on one, or to wait for it to fill.

Even though we weren't on the first bus, we got the port pretty early, and the main terminal was pretty full, but we were still boarding pass #6. I don't know where everyone else was, because not a lot of people went in when they called passes 1-5. We still got Palo's ressies and were some of the first people in Parrot Cay for lunch. Topsider's wasn't open that early!

I hope this helps. I know that if we ever go on a Disney cruise again, we'll be staying at the Hyatt the night before. It was just so nice and an easy way to do things!

B.R. Guest
11-06-2007, 07:13 PM
We've stayed there for our last two cruises. With DDs (8 & 7) and 8-10 pieces of luggage, it was so easy to stay there. Just get a luggage cart at baggage claim, get your bags, and go to the Hyatt. Go to the 4th floor (lobby) and that's the last time you'll have to mess with your luggage, other than putting it out in the hallway the next morning. Very convenient.