PDA

View Full Version : Shady Shuttle at Shades of Green

disneydaisy
09-24-2007, 09:43 PM
I have seen some comments about the "Shady Shuttle" at the SOG that runs from SOG to the Poly. I don't remember this when I was last there in 2004. What hours does this run? Do you have to make reservations? How many people can ride on it? What about coming back from Poly, can you get it then? We are heading down in 17 days:) and would like more information on this. Thanks anyone for your help.

Tigger's Mom
09-24-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm not sure when it started, but we used it a couple times on our most recent trips. We had up to two adults and two kids with two umbrella strollers. I don't believe they take reservations, just ask the bellhops if there's one available. I'm not sure of the hours, but I think I read somewhere that it stops running around 6:00 p.m. (I would think this could vary based on daylight, but I could be wrong). As for the start hour, I would guess around 9:00 a.m., but ask at the bell hop desk as you arrive. Also, I think I read on this site about taking the phone number and calling when you're approaching the property for the return trip. We never knew about this option (if it really exists), we treated the return as a hit or miss. Regardless, it's a nice ride when you can get it. My son loved riding the golf carts to the end of the property and I liked the extra rest! As I said, you should be able to get more info when you arrive. Have a great trip!!!

mudpuppysmom
09-24-2007, 10:43 PM
DS and I used this the last trip in May. The service does stop at 6pm I know for sure (at least that was when it stopped when we were there in May); as for when it starts, I cannot remember!!

As the above poster said, you just ask one of the bell hops in the morning if they can give you a ride and they will. My DS enjoyed it too! I'd say you can fit two adults and maybe three kids on the cart (or three adults and one kid, possibly two). We didn't have a stroller with us, just a backpack, so I can't say for sure the capacity, but they'll run back and get anyone "left behind" and you can wait for them at the end of the driveway before crossing the road to the Poly (be careful crossing with kids).

Also mentioned was taking the resort phone number with you for your return (if it's before 6 pm) and they will run out and get you and bring you back to the resort.

It's a great option instead of the bus.......I am not a big fan of the bus!

jrpersinger
09-25-2007, 02:24 PM
It starts at 8am. And no amount of begging, pleading or passing bribes will get them to go any earlier! Even 3 little girls dressed as Princesses couldn't get them to go any earlier! ;)

We had 8:15 ADRs at CRT, we really didn't want to walk to the Poly that morning being the humidity would kill everyones hair dos! And we didn't want to drive either... and the bus didn't leave early enough. We ended up driving. But, after 8am, you can catch it any time its available. Just go to the bellhop window outside and ask.

Marilyn Michetti
09-25-2007, 07:35 PM
I've always seen them running up and down the hill, but I think it's pretty random. If you see one, and stick your thumb out, I'm betting they will stop and give you a lift. I've seen them as late as, oh, 10:00 p.m.:secret: