PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: O'hana 9.20.07

septembergirl
09-24-2007, 09:37 PM
O'hana Dinner
It was storming the night we went to this ADR. DH was feeling nervous about getting out in the lightening so I was afraid we might not make it. But we put on our ponchos and hopped a bus from Pop to MK, then the boat launch to the Poly. It was a nice ride but I could see that it would have been even better if the weather had behaved for us. We had a little trouble finding our way around once we got to the Poly as we had never been before and it was dark and rainy but once inside, we had just received our pager only to turn around and be seated.
I had heard a terrible review of Ohana (dinner) on a podcast of which some of you may be familiar. While I enjoy the podcast and the reviews, I decided to keep my ADR for this restaurant. It turned out to be a good choice! We really loved O'hana. The food was great. The atmosphere was great. The service was excellent. All the CMs were great. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. DH ate everything but the tablecloth. The rain put a damper on my after dinner plans to go to the beach and watch the fireworks but some of us got to see them poolside at least on a little bridge. The others were inside the arcade!
DH and I were very impressed with the Poly and would love to go back and stay someday (just the 2 of us!).
I would call this meal a success and would recommend it to any family or large, mixed group. By mixed, I mean kids and adults. Of course, no one asked but this is my post so I can make all the recommendations I want.

crltkcagle
09-24-2007, 10:17 PM
agree 100 percent

Jared
09-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Reviews of 'Ohana are generally positive. It's one of my family's favorite restaurants, and we eat there virtually every trip.

Glad to hear your party had a good experience!

The Polynesian is pretty difficult to navigate, especially if you're unfamiliar with the grounds. We've stayed there a few times and still cannot find our room sometimes, especially at night.

DisneyorBust
09-25-2007, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the review! We had dined at 'Ohanas a number of times in the past and we were a little hesitant to go back after the menu change, but we were glad that we did!

disneycouple2004
09-25-2007, 09:13 AM
DH ate everything but the tablecloth. :D

Could not agree more..sounds just like me :D
We never miss Ohana's...Love it :thumbsup:

Vinny
09-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Couldn't agree more. Atmosphere, food, service and entertainment are all great here. Ohana became our favorite restaurant in WDW when we tried it for the first time during our June 2007 trip. It's now a must do for all of our trips to come.

KarenP
09-25-2007, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the review. 'Ohana has always been one of my favorites and I am looking forward to eating there again in just a couple weeks.

SueQ
09-25-2007, 11:15 AM
I absolutely loved this place both times I went. I'm thinking of going again on our trip next year but... Two of us love it and the other two wouldn't like it. Maybe the two of us who do will go. LOL

Disneyexpert15
10-03-2007, 04:47 PM
I went to Ohana in June of this year. I wait forever to have breakfast. The reservation was for 9:30 am. We seated right across from thsese gay guys. One of them said,"Thoses princesses are such *****es". I thought that was so rude. It's a family place.

mouseketeer mom
10-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Its your post and you can make any recommendations you want! HA! That cracked me up!
Loved your review. I love Ohanas too. All 5 of us do. Its a MUST for every trip. Theres just something so feel good about that place. Not to mention the food is delish and a half.

magicofdisney
10-03-2007, 10:34 PM
We just discoverd 'Ohana this past trip and fell in love with it. Everyone in my family was pleased with the wide variety of selections. It's a must for us, from now on. :mickey:

Natazu
10-04-2007, 01:53 AM
While I enjoy the podcast and the reviews, I decided to keep my ADR for this restaurant.That was very smart. Believe half of the good reviews and none of the bad ones. I actually once heard someone say the didn't like Rendezvous ribs. Can you imagine?

tinksmom02
10-04-2007, 08:53 PM
We were there just 3 days after you! We loved it, too, and will definitely return!

We had to wait (a LOT) longer than you did, but it was WELL worth it!