PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Akershus Dinner 9.22.07

septembergirl
09-24-2007, 09:25 PM
Akershus Storybook Princess Dinner (or whatever it's called)

We went here especially to celebrate DD's 4th Bday and I am really glad we did. DH loved everything he ate and he just ate and ate and ate (DH is tall and thin but can pack it away like no one else...it's not fair:pout:). DS12, who is a very adventurous eater (his favorite is Ethiopian food!), also enjoyed his meal although he does not care for fish. I tried several things on the buffet table and I didn't love anything. DH and I both had the Traditional but I ended up trading mine with DS14 who did not care for his venison. I didn't care for it either nor did DS9, who loves meat. As you can imagine DD4 did not eat very much but gazed lovingly on the princesses who were Aurora, Ariel, Cinderella and Pocahontas.
Belle was in the photo room. We skipped the photo line because it was so long but went back after dinner and they were very happy to oblige. We did not have the photographer take a photo but just used our own cameras. DS14 really seemed to be into the princesses :secret:, getting all of their autographs and taking pics with them. It was really cute but don't tell him I told you so....

As far as the food at Akershus - Nah. But it was a great opportunity to meet the princesses without standing in line. The biggest disappointment was that Jasmine was not there. DD dressed up like her and everything. However, I think she may have switched loyalty to Pocahontas. DH has some strong Cherokee roots in him so we call DD our little Indian princess. She and Pocahontas bonded.;)

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-24-2007, 10:09 PM
We had dinner there last Weds. It is usually our favorite character dining experience but, we weren't overly thrilled with the food this year either. I can't put my finger on it...just not great. :shrug:

The restaurant was packed, as it was FD (We did not have FD since we are DVC). But, the Princesses were great. It was the first year we did not have Cinderella. But, we did have Jasmine, Pocahontas, Aurora, Ariel and Belle in the foyer.

We will be trying it again next year. Sorry you did not have Jasmine but, I am jealous you had Cinderella. I missed Snow White this year too. DD was dressed like her with the dress, etc, she got at BBB.

tiaramom
09-24-2007, 11:34 PM
I Wanted To Add My Two Cents
I Absolutely Love This This Character Dining. There Are So Many Princesses And The Interaction Is Great! My First Trip Here Was Fab. I Really Enjoyed All The Cheeses At The Buffet Table Along Witha Shrimp Salad. I Had A Norwegian Meatloaf- And That Too Was Diffrent But Very Good. Mom Had Some Sort Of Pork- She Loved It. Though My Toddler Didnt Eat At All- She Loved The Princesses Too. The Food Is Odd- But Pretty Neat . The Last Last Time We Ate Here , Last Feb. It Wasnt As Good. The Buffet Was Still Great For Cheeses, But The Entrees Really Didnt Cut It In My Book. Again The Toddler Didnt Eat. Its A Tough Call- If You Want The Kids To Eat- This Wont Work. But The Atmosphere Is Lovely And So Are The Characters. I Have Ressies For Next Week Again- I Hope Its Good This Time Around.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-24-2007, 11:45 PM
Its A Tough Call- If You Want The Kids To Eat- This Wont Work.

Here we differ...lol....My kids loved their meals, it was DH and I who were indifferent this trip. ;)

tiaramom
09-24-2007, 11:50 PM
Hey , Maybe Because My Princess Only Eats
Yogurt !lol
Shes Only 2..
Picky Eater These Days!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-24-2007, 11:56 PM
Hey , Maybe Because My Princess Only Eats
Yogurt !lol
Shes Only 2..
Picky Eater These Days!!

:) We've BTDT with all three. Thankfully, they have gotten past that stage. It was mac and cheese in our house for months!!

Jared
09-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the review. I tried Akershus Royal Banquet Hall before the princesses overran a unique World Showcase restaurant.

I haven't returned since the change but enjoyed my meal five years ago.