PDA

View Full Version : Question about New Years Eve Celebrations

TBlount
09-24-2007, 09:18 PM
I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this question. Moderators feel free to move if needed.

My family and I are Disney AP holders who travel to Disney every chance we get. We have recently been for 10 days in May and 5 days in August. We are planning a trip Dec. 29-Jan. 6 as none of us has ever been during New Years (even though this will be my 50th trip to Walt Disney World since 1974).

We are not sure which park has the best fireworks for New Years Eve. What are the NY fireworks at Disney Studios? Is there a "ball drop" at any of the parks? Any info from some of you who have been will be appreciated. I read Intercot trip reports, etc. at least 2 times a day and love finding out what all of you do on your vacations, what you like that we like, etc.

Pirate Granny
09-24-2007, 11:12 PM
No fireworks at Animal Kingdom...we were at MK for NYE in 2004 and at EPCOT for 2006...both were very nice...but very crowded...and if you want...you can do what we did...they have a dry run on the 30th with the same fireworks that will be set off on the 31st at MK...so go there on the 30th and either EPCOT or MGM for the 31st...we've never hit MGM...but they have numerous bands and last year they were open until 3am...

Beware of crowds and getting out of the parks after the fireworks...In 2004 we drove to the Contemporary and walked to MK...we had dinner reservations earlier in the evening (and they will check to see if you have reservations and they take your credit card to hold the reservation for NYE) and we left the car there...and we took the back road home to French Quarter, so that year it wasn't too bad...this past year, we RAN all the way to the bus the crowds were unbelievable at EPCOT and caught the second bus for POP...but I spoke to some people the next morning, who waited two hours for a POP bus to get back...the traffic was pretty bad that evening...

But that said...nothing will compare to the fireworks, which go off at MK in circlevision...eight different places...EPCOT sort-of already has that as it shoots them all around the lake...

Enjoy... :pirate: