PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Tony's 9.22.07

septembergirl
09-24-2007, 09:05 PM
We just returned today from our fantastic trip to WDW, Pop and free dining. Here the first of my dining reviews:

Tony's...
We really enjoyed this meal. It was probably the best TS meal overall. I had the salmon after a salad and I thought it was great. DS14 had Spaghetti and Meatballs. He said it was really good although not the best he'd ever had. DS12 had a chicken dish which was very delicious. He couldn't finish it all. DS9 (who was on the adult plan) had the steak (the most expensive thing on the menu) with, get this, french fries! He doesn't like mashed potatoes so we asked if we could substitute and it was not a problem at all. He loved it and said it was the best steak he ever had. DH agreed about the steak. He had a seafood pasta dish which he didn't love so he ate everyone else's leftovers and all the desserts on the table. I was afraid he was going to start on our neighbor's tiramisu after he had made himself known in our dining room by standing up and serenading everyone with Bella Notte. (DH really enjoyed himself:blush:.) I enjoyed the dessert sampler platter also but the kids didn't really care for any of it. DD3 had spaghetti and meatballs from the child's menu but, as usual, she picked at it and mostly just ate the ice cream sundae :blush:.
I thought Tony's was a beautiful restaurant and our server, Scott, was very efficient and nice. Nothing special but a very pleasant meal and everyone was in a great mood to boot. We had a lot of fun that day:cloud9:.

Jared
09-25-2007, 12:37 AM
I've never visited Tony's Town Square, so thanks for your positive review. People's experience at this restaurant tend to be very mixed, so I'm glad to hear you had a good meal.

mouseketeer mom
09-25-2007, 11:36 AM
We enjoyed our first visit there too, last year. My husband loved it too, so much so, he requested it for our first nite in WDW in November, the nite of MVMCP. So we will be there again!
Did your DH just start spontaneously serenading people???? What happened there!!:mickey:

jillluvsdisney
09-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the review. We had our best TS meal there last year in November. There we 6 of us. We are going again this November for my Mom's birthday lunch.:party:

septembergirl
09-25-2007, 12:54 PM
Did your DH just start spontaneously serenading people???? What happened there!!:mickey:

Yes. And he started a singalong on the bus back from Epcot to Pop singing Bohemian Rhapsody :blush:.

LoriMistress
09-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks so much of the review. DH and I have eaten her once and we enjoyed it. We're planning to eat there again on our upcoming December trip.

mrsHerbie53
09-26-2007, 06:03 PM
We really liked Tony's... I had the Spaghetti and meatballs, which I rarely get in a restaurant. It was wonderful IMHO. They were the largest, tastiest meatballs I have ever had!!!!

#1donaldfan
09-27-2007, 04:20 AM
We love Tony's.....and suprisingly the last two years we've been seated at the same table....the kids liked that......we also have to get our pic done in front of lady / tramp....just a thing we do......