PDA

View Full Version : Heroes Season 2

thrillme
09-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Heros starts tonight. Who will save the world?

NotaGeek
09-25-2007, 12:53 AM
OK, now THAT'S a season premier! WOW. I am So excited for this season!

LibertyTreeGal
09-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Waaaah! If I didn't know Uhura was going to be on this season I'd just be so desolate right now. Did they have to kill off Sulu? Why not Mrs Petrelli instead??? And like, wow, she has a first name!

But I have a question, how can anyone get a divorce in only 4 months? What happened? I don't see Matt as the type of guy who would so easily walk out on a wife AND baby. But maybe since they are taking down the company he did it for their safety?

Did anyone catch the look on Mr Bennet's face when he saw the new boyfriend? He definitely knows him, must have bagged and tagged him in the past.

And poor Molly :(

Good episode, I must say.

prprincess
09-25-2007, 09:03 AM
Unfortunately, I missed most of season 1. I started out watching, but I was pregnant at the time and my morning, noon, and night sickness didn't allow me to stay up past 8pm...and no TiVo. Anyway, I made it a point to watch last night, and honestly, I didn't feel too lost...until I read LibertyTreeGal's post. I think I have quite a bit of catching up to do. ;) Regardless, I enjoyed it!

snowflakegirl
09-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Quite the season premiere. I can't wait to see where they take it from here!

thrillme
09-25-2007, 03:15 PM
I loved it. I'm still majorly in love with HIRO. I really wasn't ready for "Sulu" to go. But then we're never REALLY sure with Heros...

ANYTHING can happen.

Perhaps if Hiro straightens out history his father's death will never happen??????:confused: Thus "Sulu" is saved to tackle "brave new mutant worlds" (Don't panic...it's not a spoiler...just me making stuff up)...

LibertyTreeGal
09-25-2007, 03:41 PM
It just occurred to me that we still don't know what "Sulu" Nakamura's power is.....

And it also just occured to me why Claire's new "boyfriend" was asking her the "robot" or "alien" question -- guess he saw her burning her hand and knew what she was! Duh! And interesting about him being able to fly -- just like Claire's bio-dad. Ick, I hope they aren't siblings!

thrillme
09-25-2007, 05:09 PM
....And interesting about him being able to fly -- just like Claire's bio-dad. Ick, I hope they aren't siblings!

Heavens what's Clair's biological Dad's name...Nathan???

You know...it's funny that was my FIRST thought. Nice looking, dark hair...

Oh my...I just NOW thought of something else...Petrelli had his memory wiped...chained in the truck or whatever it was...Was he picked up by THE organization???...Could this boy be his clone?

Sigh...so many questions...so many thoughts I guess I'll have to keep tuning in.

IloveDisney71
09-25-2007, 05:10 PM
A LOT happened last night! This looks like it will be another exciting season. Did I imagine this or was that really Peter Petrelli? I guess he was able to heal himself? He's the cutest thing! ;) AND I had the same thought about Claire and the "flying boy" possibly being siblings. Either way - siblings OR dating would make a great story line.

LibertyTreeGal
09-25-2007, 05:58 PM
A LOT happened last night! This looks like it will be another exciting season. Did I imagine this or was that really Peter Petrelli? I guess he was able to heal himself? He's the cutest thing! ;) AND I had the same thought about Claire and the "flying boy" possibly being siblings. Either way - siblings OR dating would make a great story line.

yeah, what if they were twins..... YIKES!

And yes, that was definitely Peter -- remember Sylar gave him a haircut while trying to slice and dice his brain? He's much better looking now -- thanks Sylar!

This Star Trek thing is getting wacky, first George Takei as Hiro's dad, next Nichelle Nichols this season of Micah's grandma, and now Zach Quinto will be playing Spock in the upcoming Trek prequel. It's like I've died and gone to cult show heaven.....

chrisb26
09-26-2007, 01:41 AM
I missed parts of the show last night so will have to watch it again. I was so happy to see Peter again and when he did that blue ball thing I was like :jaw:. I was also surprised to see that he didn't have a scar on his face. I would have thought this would have been what caused it when he blew up.

snowflakegirl
10-02-2007, 09:11 AM
Help! Did anyone watch last night's episode? DH and I dvrd it so that we would be able to fast forward through commercials, but for some reason the dvr stopped recording for like the last minute. I saw Claire see the guy's face at the window, and know that she ran outside ... did I miss anything after that?

Thanks!

LibertyTreeGal
10-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Cutiepie left her a copy of Mohinder's dad's book while Mr Muggles was barking at the sky (he's so smart!)

thrillme
10-02-2007, 10:00 AM
I hope Claire doesn't make it a habit of giving herself a "drastic pedicure" to prove a point.

Hmmm...I wonder if Kensi was Claire's Great Great Great (times a lot) Grandfather?

NotaGeek
10-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Ok, minus the toe incident I LOVED this episode! WOW!

LibertyTreeGal
10-02-2007, 10:42 AM
I hope Claire doesn't make it a habit of giving herself a "drastic pedicure" to prove a point.

Hmmm...I wonder if Kensi was Claire's Great Great Great (times a lot) Grandfather?

I wonder if Kensei was a common ancestor of all of the heroes, if he was the first genetic mutation.... after all, we know full well from Lindermann's office that DL and Nikki were purposefully bred together, and I would bet the same thing about Nathan and Claire's biomom.

OH! And Mrs Petrelli slept with Hiro's dad--- could Hiro and Nathan and Peter be brothers????

Lot's of possibilities.

And is anyone else actually disappointed that Claire's toe grew back? It would have been more interesting if her powers actually had limits (other than the brain thing).

snowflakegirl
10-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the fill in. I thought last night's episode was great. I'm really looking forward to seeing where they take things this season.

OH! And Mrs Petrelli slept with Hiro's dad--- could Hiro and Nathan and Peter be brothers????

I had the same thought. It seems like everyone is so interconnected between families, friends, aquaintances, etc. (which makes sense since it seems that sometimes they are "bred" together) that it was the first thing I thought of when she implied that they had a past of that nature.

What are everyone's thoughts on the twins who are on their way to America? It seems like it has the potential for a dangerous plot development.

thrillme
10-02-2007, 04:25 PM
Hmmm...So all the Hero's could be distant cousins. What a concept...

I wonder if Kensi knew he could heal? I know this is really really off the beaten path but X-men's Wolverine heals so well that he's actually a lot older than he looks. If I'm not mistaken Wolverine appears in the distant future. Could Kensi still be alive?

missbunny
10-02-2007, 09:54 PM
Claire cutting off her toe was major ewwww! But cool at the same time. I love how she was thinking about using her powers for healing others
I am curious how Peter ended up losing his memory and being stuck inside a shipping container.
I love how Mohinder is playing double agent. I hope he can keep secrets. Not every one can be Noah Bennet.
What do you think of Matt and Mrs. Petrilli. I still think she has a power.
The twins are very scary. Maya's power is very dangerous, never make her angry, you wouldn't like her when she is angry. LOL
Her brother, Alejandro (not sure if its right) is very interesting. It looks a little like Peter's but he doesn't retain it.
Questions and theories, I just have to wait until next week. But if I bend time then it is already Monday and I will be already watching. OH heck, I am going to bend time so I can leave for my disney trip, concentrating on November 13 and poof, nuts didn't work!

chrisb26
10-02-2007, 11:17 PM
I really enjoyed last nights episode. The toe incident was intresting especially the way it grew back. Something I thought was one of the best part was when Mr. Muggles was watching TV and barked at Claire for turning it off :laughing:

Help! Did anyone watch last night's episode? DH and I dvrd it so that we would be able to fast forward through commercials, but for some reason the dvr stopped recording for like the last minute. I saw Claire see the guy's face at the window, and know that she ran outside ... did I miss anything after that?

Thanks!

It did the exact same thing to me :mad::mad: So I have fixed that now and it will recored for an extra 5 Minutes just incase that ever happens again.

WDWfanatic742
10-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Mine did the exact same thing as well. It started right on the lead in with the sun and then it stopped right as she was running outside...

LibertyTreeGal
10-08-2007, 10:11 PM
Wow!

Okay, first of all, for you Tivo folks, the last minute of the episode shows painting 8 of 8 -- Noah Bennett dead.

oh my goodness, what is up with Sylar???? Did he kill her or what or is it just a big illusion? Her power rocks.

And I wonder if Uhura is one of the "original" (older generation) Heroes??? That would be cool, and she does fall into the right age group.

snowflakegirl
10-09-2007, 09:37 AM
Every time an episode ends, all I can say is "wow".

Is someone limiting Sylar's ability to use his powers? How? And wasn't that girl the one who was holding Micah for Lindermann? So who is running things for her now? Hmmm...

I hadn't even thought of the possibility of Uhura (I wonder what her character's name actually is ... I'm just going to end up thinking of her as Uhura probably) being one of the "original" heroes like Hiro's father and Mrs. Petrelli. But you're right, she does fit into the right age group, that would make sense.

What do you think is going to end up happening with Peter over in Ireland?

LibertyTreeGal
10-09-2007, 09:55 AM
And wasn't that girl the one who was holding Micah for Lindermann? So who is running things for her now? Hmmm...

I thought that she got killed in the final episode last season? Maybe not? I can't remember, but I thought that Nikki and DL killed her. But maybe she did survive?

mickeysworld
10-09-2007, 10:37 AM
I thought that she got killed in the final episode last season? Maybe not? I can't remember, but I thought that Nikki and DL killed her. But maybe she did survive?

I can't remember either, but for some reason I think she is the same morphing girl from last season. And if she is still working for "the company" doesn't it seem they, whoever they may be, wouldn't leave her alone with Sylar? Of course, maybe they didn't know what powers he had attained?

And what do you guys think of flying boy being the one who is hunting down the original heroes?

snowflakegirl
10-09-2007, 01:09 PM
And what do you guys think of flying boy being the one who is hunting down the original heroes?

After we saw West (or whatever his name is) flying, I had that same thought. He's the right build, and we saw whoever took Hiro's dad out go over the edge of the building with him and not hit the ground, how easy to just fly away. On the other hand... I'm sure there are plenty of other potential candidates.

I did a search for a recap of last season, and it was Candice who was guarding Micah for Linderman and the girl last night said her name was Candice but that she was going by Michelle since she pulled him out of the plaza. I'm also realizing that not only was Candice the one holding Micah for Linderman last season, but she was also the one who impersonated Mrs. Bennett for the company when they were trying to get Mr. Bennett to say where he had brought Claire. Now I really wonder who she's working for ... Back to the company maybe?

LibertyTreeGal
10-09-2007, 01:22 PM
I can't remember either, but for some reason I think she is the same morphing girl from last season.

And she specifically did say she was trying out a new look... I think she is messing with Sylar's mind....

J9
10-09-2007, 11:10 PM
I really don't think West is the one trying to kill the original heroes. He's just a kid, how would he even have a clue as to who they all were (of course, I'm sure there's a valid answer to that question, I just think this whole scenario is kinda off for some reason.)

But while we're on the topic of West, how cheesy was that whole Superman/Lois Lane scene? I mean it was cute, but still kinda a rip off...

God, I love this show...

LibertyTreeGal
10-10-2007, 06:58 AM
I really don't think West is the one trying to kill the original heroes. He's just a kid, how would he even have a clue as to who they all were (of course, I'm sure there's a valid answer to that question, I just think this whole scenario is kinda off for some reason.)

Also, didn't Sulu say something like, "You were the one I least suspected?"

When he and Mrs Petrelli were talking, it made it sound like it was one of the original eight, and since there are 8 paintings of people dead, and Noah is the last, to me it means that it is seven of the original eight, plus Noah Bennet -- so the eighth "original" is the killer.

Maybe Uhura (DL's mommy) did it.... ;)

LibertyTreeGal
10-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Oh my gosh, another solid episode. Matt's father is the baddie???!!! He's gonna whack him for hurting Molly....

And okay here -- in the future episode, wasn't Matt's child and wife in hiding BECAUSE of the child having powers???? Did I miss something??

I like Micah's cousin, good new character, awesome power! Might actually be the one that I would choose to have out of all of them. DH would make me watch food network all day. BAM!

And Sylar, of all the people to hook up with....

Can't wait till next week!

mickeysworld
10-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Oh my gosh, another solid episode. Matt's father is the baddie???!!! He's gonna whack him for hurting Molly....

And okay here -- in the future episode, wasn't Matt's child and wife in hiding BECAUSE of the child having powers???? Did I miss something??

I like Micah's cousin, good new character, awesome power! Might actually be the one that I would choose to have out of all of them. DH would make me watch food network all day. BAM!

And Sylar, of all the people to hook up with....

Can't wait till next week!

I thought the same thing, then DH said maybe it was someone else in the photo, like the Midas touch guy, who was next to Matt's dad...guess we'll find out!

Can't remember that, wish I would have saved that episode!

Did it seem like Micah was transfering or doing something with his hand on her back?

So, how did he get in the middle of the road, was he in the same country? Can he or can he not take others powers?

Guess I have more questions than answers, Yikes!

chrisb26
10-15-2007, 11:40 PM
Great episode tonight I really liked it. I can't remember what happened with matt's wife. Although its possible that something changed when New York didn't explode. It seems that she was really just written off fast. I like Mikah's cousins especially that girl has an awesome power you can do what you watch on TV! It was awesome when she did the 619 to that guy. On a side note that PPV they where watching was Wrestlemania 22 which I was at ;)

It will be intresting to see how Matt handles what Molly said about his father. I think Matt kind of considers Molly like a daughter to him and don't think he would stand for even his father to do anything to her.

I'm afraid for those two that Sylar is with he found out they have a power that might not be so good. Although that might not be a power he would wan't especially if he can't turn it off. It might be like that hearing ability that lady had last year where you hear every noise very loud.

I also wan't to know what will happen when Claire's new boyfriend will do when he finds out that her father is the man that took him.

Next weeks episode looks intresting I can't wait!

snowflakegirl
10-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Did it seem like Micah was transfering or doing something with his hand on her back?

So, how did he get in the middle of the road, was he in the same country? Can he or can he not take others powers?

Guess I have more questions than answers, Yikes!

When I saw Micah putting his hand on her back like he did when he was "fixing" the tv to get the pay-per-view I thought "he's trying to fix her". And when he pulled back from the hug he said something along the lines of "I wish I could fix things for you". I think he was having a moment of feeling the limitations of his power when he wanted to help someone he cared about.

What a great episode... but I agree... left me with more questions than answers. I can't figure out how Sylar got to the middle of the road like that ... That part of Mexico definitely does not look like the area that we saw him in last week. What if Sylar takes both their powers. Then he not only has the power to inflict the problem but to control it as well...

I think it'll be interesting to see what happens when West figures out that Claire's dad is the guy who grabbed him ... but possibly even more interesting to see what happens when Claire's dad figures out that Claire's boyfriend is someone he "bagged and tagged" when he was working for the company.

LibertyTreeGal
10-16-2007, 10:44 AM
When I saw

... but possibly even more interesting to see what happens when Claire's dad figures out that Claire's boyfriend is someone he "bagged and tagged" when he was working for the company.

He already saw him in episode 1, and obviously recognised him. Interesting how he bought the cheerleading thing......

snowflakegirl
10-16-2007, 11:44 AM
He already saw him in episode 1, and obviously recognised him. Interesting how he bought the cheerleading thing......

You're right! I had forgotten about that. I'm wondering how she's going to keep that cheerleading thing going the first time mom and dad suggest coming to a game.

diz_girl
10-16-2007, 05:10 PM
This show is definitely as addictive (or even more so) than last year. I'm expecting Uhura to show a special power in a future episode, especially since DL, Micah and Micah's cousin have a common ancestor in her. I'm also wondering what's up with Nathan's face. It is just guilt or something else. I mean, I would assume that being that close to Peter before he exploded cause some radiation damage in Nathan? Finally, Matt's Dad as the nightmare guy. Interesting.

Liberty Tree Gal - you were right about West being bagged and tagged by Clare's dad. And I guess that last night's episode answered your question about Matt's wife - the baby wasn't his. I was thinking that with Molly living with Matt and Mohinder that there would be few places other than NYC where that situation wouldn't raise eyebrows. People would just assume that Matt and Mohinder were a couple. I've been wondering how Molly is legally able to live with them, with documentation and all for school. But I guess that the Company arranged it for Mohinder.

thrillme - as far as Kensei's power goes, I think that the eclipse in Episode I triggered it, just like an eclipe triggered everyone's powers last season.

Until next week...

LibertyTreeGal
10-16-2007, 05:57 PM
I've been wondering about Nathan's face too -- so far I just don't have any clue. Lindermann is dead so he didn't get healed by him. I dunno....

DisneyTwirler13!
10-16-2007, 08:30 PM
I really want to know what Angela Petrelli's power is, and what type of things she did in the past that she feels that she deservves to go to jail.
LibertyTreeGal- in the episode "Five Years Gone", Future Matt says that Hiro's mother's name was Ishi, so I don't think that Hiro and Nathan and Peter are siblings

LibertyTreeGal
10-16-2007, 08:34 PM
I really want to know what Angela Petrelli's power is, and what type of things she did in the past that she feels that she deservves to go to jail.
LibertyTreeGal- in the episode "Five Years Gone", Future Matt says that Hiro's mother's name was Ishi, so I don't think that Hiro and Nathan and Peter are siblings

I'm sure you're right -- it was just a wild guess -- :D

DisneyTwirler13!
10-16-2007, 09:05 PM
But you do have to admit, that would be pretty cool...:thumbsup:

Red Randal
10-19-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm sorry but I loved season one and I think season two has been pretty awful. There's no real direction to it. First it seemed like they were going with "virus is killing heroes" and now it's "mysterious killer is killing original heroes" but he only killed one of them so far. Then there is all kinds of new people and craziness like Latin Americans who can strangle people with tears, British samurai warriors, and singing burger joint attendents who can imitate professional wrestling moves while, in the meantime, we learn nothing of DL's fate or why Nathan is NOT A CONGRESSMAN. Oh yeah and then there is the NUCLEAR EXPLOSION that nobody seems to talk about anymore.

They need to find a direction and quick.

DisneyTwirler13!
10-19-2007, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry but I loved season one and I think season two has been pretty awful. There's no real direction to it. First it seemed like they were going with "virus is killing heroes" and now it's "mysterious killer is killing original heroes" but he only killed one of them so far. Then there is all kinds of new people and craziness like Latin Americans who can strangle people with tears, British samurai warriors, and singing burger joint attendents who can imitate professional wrestling moves while, in the meantime, we learn nothing of DL's fate or why Nathan is NOT A CONGRESSMAN. Oh yeah and then there is the NUCLEAR EXPLOSION that nobody seems to talk about anymore.

Well, in the third episode, Kindred, we find out that D.L. died, but we don't know how. And, I'm betting that after Peter died, Nathan gave up being Congressman, and drove his family away. And I think that the virus thing was just to bring the Hatian back into the series, so the Heroes killler person is the main thing, but this is ALL my Personal Opinion. Mostly

Red Randal
10-20-2007, 04:34 PM
Well, in the third episode, Kindred, we find out that D.L. died, but we don't know how. And, I'm betting that after Peter died, Nathan gave up being Congressman, and drove his family away. And I think that the virus thing was just to bring the Hatian back into the series, so the Heroes killler person is the main thing, but this is ALL my Personal Opinion. Mostly

I heard that DL died, but I wasn't sure if I heard it in a spoiler and I didn't want to say anything. I'm guessing he died because of when Linderman shot him in the finale.

chrisb26
10-20-2007, 04:43 PM
I heard that DL died, but I wasn't sure if I heard it in a spoiler and I didn't want to say anything. I'm guessing he died because of when Linderman shot him in the finale.

I also heard that he died and I'm pretty sure that is how it happened. I found out when they showed the Season 2 cast photo and he was the only one missing from it.

TooGoofy
10-20-2007, 07:29 PM
why Nathan is NOT A CONGRESSMAN.

You can find this information by googling Vote Petrelli. There is a nice website set up (by NBC, but it looks just like a political campaign site) that has Nathan explaining why he chose to resign.

DisneyTwirler13!
10-20-2007, 09:35 PM
You can find this information by googling Vote Petrelli. There is a nice website set up (by NBC, but it looks just like a political campaign site) that has Nathan explaining why he chose to resign.

Ok, Thanks!:thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
10-20-2007, 10:03 PM
Both DL and Matt were hurt very badly, I think Matt was shot like 5 times. I was disappointed they cut him from the cast, I really liked his character, however, I am enjoying Micah's relatives, so this is a good thing too.

But I was wrong about Uhura being one of the nine, she wasn't in the picture.

DisneyTwirler13!
10-21-2007, 09:54 PM
I have a question, and this will show how young and ignorant I am: Who's Uhura?

LibertyTreeGal
10-21-2007, 10:04 PM
I have a question, and this will show how young and ignorant I am: Who's Uhura?

The communications officer from Star Trek, the Original Series. She plays Micah's grandma -- but Uhura is quicker to type out and it is the role she is known for. I also use Sulu instead of Hiro's dad, because he was the helmsman from the same series. He is also essentially known by that role. They are legendary with the cult TV crowd.

However, if they try to bring in Kirk (the captain from said series) as someone with a power that involves a magical hairpiece, I am walking out the door!

snowflakegirl
10-22-2007, 09:35 AM
However, if they try to bring in Kirk (the captain from said series) as someone with a power that involves a magical hairpiece, I am walking out the door!

:funny: Thanks! I needed a smile this morning.

thrillme
10-22-2007, 10:07 AM
The communications officer from Star Trek, the Original Series. She plays Micah's grandma -- but Uhura is quicker to type out and it is the role she is known for. I also use Sulu instead of Hiro's dad, because he was the helmsman from the same series. He is also essentially known by that role. They are legendary with the cult TV crowd.

Fellow Trekkie here...that's how I always refer to them. It seems like Spock oughta fit in eventually to. I still think Uhura is a very beautiful lady...I'm glad to see her on TV again.

I'm pretty sure DL died when Linderman shot him last season. I think we were hoping that he'd pull through...I really liked him.

LibertyTreeGal
10-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Fellow Trekkie here...that's how I always refer to them. It seems like Spock oughta fit in eventually to. I still think Uhura is a very beautiful lady...I'm glad to see her on TV again.

I'm pretty sure DL died when Linderman shot him last season. I think we were hoping that he'd pull through...I really liked him.

Nichelle Nichols has always been exceptionally beautiful, she certainly has aged gracefully. OT here, but did you know that Duke Ellington discovered her in the early 50's and made her into one of his lead singers/dancers?

I am still unhappy about DL. He was a very strong male character, and Micah needs a daddy -- it's not fair, Molly has two daddies!

Red Randal
10-22-2007, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't be too shocked to see DL come back as Nikki's new alter-ego.

thrillme
10-22-2007, 05:24 PM
One good thing...I don't know her name yet but I'm really growing attached to Micha's cousin. She is just so sweet and so ambitious. I don't know if I'll handle it well if Syler takes her out.

TooGoofy
10-22-2007, 06:59 PM
One good thing...I don't know her name yet but I'm really growing attached to Micha's cousin. She is just so sweet and so ambitious. I don't know if I'll handle it well if Syler takes her out.

Her name is Monica...and I like her too!

DisneyTwirler13!
10-22-2007, 10:04 PM
I wonder if Monica saw Claire heal herself, or Nathan or West fly, if she could imitate that? That would be cool, because she would be like Peter, but she could also do things like the tomato roses and that wrestling move!:number1::thumbsup::mickey:

pixiesmimi
10-22-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm sorry but I'm totally confused about this season. I have missed the beginning of a couple of the shows but it is really hard to follow this year. Nothing seems to make sense. Last year, you had to see every episode to figure out what was happening but it was fun trying to figure it out. This year nothing seems to make sense as they go back and forth from present to the past, etc. I'm really having trouble following it all. Especially with them adding new personalities every week.

The other Nathan seems to be the one who got blown up or a reaction to the explosion and is his alter ego. I saw the Today Show this morning when "Nathan" appeared, he said that tonight's show would take them all back to the past and be the beginning of what is happening this season. So I wanted to make sure I saw it all tonight. But I'm still confused.:confused: Seems like they left some things out from last season to this one.

mickeysworld
10-23-2007, 12:30 AM

I'm sorry but I'm totally confused about this season. I have missed the beginning of a couple of the shows but it is really hard to follow this year. Nothing seems to make sense. Last year, you had to see every episode to figure out what was happening but it was fun trying to figure it out. This year nothing seems to make sense as they go back and forth from present to the past, etc. I'm really having trouble following it all. Especially with them adding new personalities every week.

The other Nathan seems to be the one who got blown up or a reaction to the explosion and is his alter ego. I saw the Today Show this morning when "Nathan" appeared, he said that tonight's show would take them all back to the past and be the beginning of what is happening this season. So I wanted to make sure I saw it all tonight. But I'm still confused.:confused: Seems like they left some things out from last season to this one.

pixiesmimi, I agree with you and I'm ready to jump on red randal's bandwagon! I'm starting to get really frustrated with where the show is going, or not going! I don't see why they have to keep introducing new heroes every week and there are so many story lines and questions and mysteries. I think the show is strong enough on it's own to have just introduced maybe a few new hereos per season and have them fight a new villan every season. I'm not ready to give up on the show but like red randal, I'm ready for them to find a direction and quickly!

LibertyTreeGal
10-23-2007, 07:55 AM
All will be revealed during November sweeps.

Man, is Matt's dad a jerk or what??? I mean, gosh, worse than I suspected. I like Micah's cousin Monica, I guess I'd call her power "physical super-genius" in that her body can instantly have the intelligence to perform anything physically possible. I HOPE that gang banger comes back for her.... heheheheh. Think she might become a vigilante?

Oh, and I loved Nathan's line...

"Hey, I'm not a passenger jet!" or something like that :D

snowflakegirl
10-23-2007, 08:13 AM
Interesting episode ... they're getting hard to keep up with.

Matt's dad was pretty intense. Poor Matt and Nathan having to face their nightmares and nearly kill each other doing so.

I'm interested in where they take the Peter story line.

Who do you think Kristen Bell's characters "daddy" is? She said she works for "a company" that was interested in keeping Peter out of trouble ... I took that to mean that she was working for "the" company. What are the odds that she's Bob's daughter? We've met the children of all the other original heroes... he could have one, too.

LibertyTreeGal
10-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Who do you think Kristen Bell's characters "daddy" is? She said she works for "a company" that was interested in keeping Peter out of trouble ... I took that to mean that she was working for "the" company. What are the odds that she's Bob's daughter? We've met the children of all the other original heroes... he could have one, too.

I was wondering if he is the Midas guy, but then, I am confused because the people marked by the company have the "vampire bites" on their neck/shoulder (like Claire's bf)and then there are others with the tatoo (the one on the sword), like Nikki.

I am beginning to wonder if that bullet killed DL at all. I wonder if she did it? Maybe that's why she wants cured? It seems like jessica is still there, or maybe others now. Hmmm.... November sweeps should be interesting.

DisneyTwirler13!
10-29-2007, 09:11 PM
What is November Sweeps?

LibertyTreeGal
10-29-2007, 10:14 PM
November sweeps is when the networks pull out all the stops to get people to watch their shows because the results (ratings wise, how many people are watching) determines how much they can charge for commercials. It's all about the money, honey :)

Anyway, tonight's episode was just okay. The preview was amazing though!!!!

I did find it interesting that they put Mohinder with Nikki. Guess that will keep him in line, eh?

And i'm guessing that they injected Sylar with the stuff they were trying on Monica....

snowflakegirl
10-30-2007, 11:13 AM
I did find it interesting that they put Mohinder with Nikki. Guess that will keep him in line, eh?

And i'm guessing that they injected Sylar with the stuff they were trying on Monica....

When Bob said that he had someone to keep there from being any more misunderstandings, I thought it might be Nikki ... when she talked to him, and said that she was all better, there was something about the way she said it, or her expression, or something, but whatever it was made me think Jessica.

I would guess that they used the engineered version of the virus on Sylar, too. I wonder why they wanted to test it on Monica.

Questions I hope get answered soon: Who is Adam Monroe? Why does the Company think he's dangerous? And what's he doing leaving Peter notes tapped to mirrors in abandoned warehouses full of junk? Sounds like he has the right idea bout the Company though ... something about how the world is in danger and the Company is at fault?

mickeysworld
10-30-2007, 01:51 PM
It really pains me to say this but...I'm getting really frustrated with this season. I know it's just started and I need to give it more time, which of course I will, but in the meantime, it's really starting to annoy me! Why couldn't we have just stuck with the heroes we were first introduced to, with new ones every now and then, and have them fight new villans every season? I really am not enjoying all these "mysteries" and nearly everyone we meet has a power. Anyways, enough of my complaining, still love the show just getting annoyed!

NotaGeek
10-30-2007, 03:14 PM
It seems to me that Lost and Heros have that same wierd feeling now. Both those shows were going to end after 1 season, so now they are trying to figure out a new direction. :confused:

DisneyTwirler13!
11-01-2007, 09:35 PM
I, too, am confused with season 2. The whole Hiro goes back in time and meets Takezo Kensei thing is very confusing, and soes the stuff with the Company, and Peter. And what happened to Kristen Bell's character? What's happening with Matt and Nathan, and the guy who's killing off the original heroes? They seem to be jumping from topic to topic randomly, and it's very confusing...:confused:

IloveDisney71
11-01-2007, 09:45 PM
I, too, am confused with season 2. The whole Hiro goes back in time and meets Takezo Kensei thing is very confusing, and soes the stuff with the Company, and Peter. And what happened to Kristen Bell's character? What's happening with Matt and Nathan, and the guy who's killing off the original heroes? They seem to be jumping from topic to topic randomly, and it's very confusing...:confused:
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who is confused. I loved it last season, but I'm having trouble keeping up this year.

diz_girl
11-02-2007, 12:39 PM
I agree about this season not being as strong or satisfying as last season. Last year it was "Save the Cheerleader...", but this year there is no cohesive theme.

LibertyTreeGal
11-02-2007, 12:54 PM
That should be about to change, I think this has all been a necessary set up. On Monday, according to last week's preview, Peter finds that just a few months in the future 93% of the world's population is dead..... and they are gonna have to stop that ....

thrillme
11-02-2007, 12:57 PM
I thought this years theme was "save the world".

It's a lot to take in but it really hasn't been all that long. Hiro and Tazo Kensi...Hmmm...I can't help but wonder if he's "part" of what started it all. Syler's so evil...I can't imagine what's going to happen there. I'm guessing he's going to get his powers back and take out the spanish couple. I like the brother a little but the girl is really starting to agitate me.

ChipnDaleGal
11-02-2007, 01:06 PM
I am enjoying this season, but it is not as thrilling as last year's yet. I am not enjoying the brother and sister on the run and her crazy black eye of death "power". I am actually rooting for Syler to finish them off soon. I wish Hiro would come back to the present because I love him and Ando interacting together. So funny. I am going to have faith that the writers have a plan, just as I continue to have faith in Lost.

DisneyTwirler13!
11-02-2007, 09:23 PM
I think that Hiro needs to finish up in the past and return to the future. Whatever happened to him and Charlie? Wasn't he in love with Charlie before she died? And what's with those paintings? The one with Claire dead on the stairs, I get but the others... and when did Isaac paint all these? I hope that this whole year in the future thing that Peter and Caitlin are doing points this season in some direction!

Red Randal
11-03-2007, 01:14 AM
There's just too many characters. Kristen Bell is incredibly talented and could be a good addition, but did we need mimic girl, feudal Japanese samurai warriors, and Claire's boyfriend? Really? Were they necessary?

Plus they keep focusing on stuff I don't care about or stuff that's out of character instead of good stuff. The show was always about Peter's destiny, so FOCUS on him, and on Nathan & Matt, and on the quest to take down the company. I don't need Mohinder acting like a complete moron at every turn, Nikki showing up at random times for no good reason, Micah stealing pay per view, or Claire vs. the cheerleaders. And while I'm ranting, HOW did Claire go from the most interesting character on the show to an annoying whiny pain? :mad:

I want my show back!!

P.S. Next week looks awesome. Here's to hoping. :beer:

LibertyTreeGal
11-03-2007, 07:24 AM
II am not enjoying the brother and sister on the run and her crazy black eye of death "power". I am actually rooting for Syler to finish them off soon.

DITTO!!!!!!!! :thedolls:

mac badger
11-03-2007, 06:11 PM
im not really enjoying this season either, there are too many characters, im bored with hiro being in the past, im bord with the twins. it just seems very blah after last year

mickeysworld
11-03-2007, 06:13 PM
There's just too many characters. Kristen Bell is incredibly talented and could be a good addition, but did we need mimic girl, feudal Japanese samurai warriors, and Claire's boyfriend? Really? Were they necessary?

Plus they keep focusing on stuff I don't care about or stuff that's out of character instead of good stuff. The show was always about Peter's destiny, so FOCUS on him, and on Nathan & Matt, and on the quest to take down the company. I don't need Mohinder acting like a complete moron at every turn, Nikki showing up at random times for no good reason, Micah stealing pay per view, or Claire vs. the cheerleaders. And while I'm ranting, HOW did Claire go from the most interesting character on the show to an annoying whiny pain? :mad:

I want my show back!!

P.S. Next week looks awesome. Here's to hoping. :beer:

Here! Here! :beer:

Have to agree with EVERYTHING you said!

mickeysworld
11-03-2007, 06:20 PM
I am not enjoying the brother and sister on the run and her crazy black eye of death "power". I am actually rooting for Sylar to finish them off soon.

DITTO!!!!!!!! :thedolls:

YES! I'm jumping on that bandwagon too! I wish she'd cry herself right off the show.

LibertyTreeGal
11-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Well, I haven't had an issue with all the new characters (except the twins :thedolls: Kill them Sylar already!) and after tonight's show I am exceptionally glad to have all these storylines coming together!!! Hooray!!!! What an awesome episode -- looks like the heroes with the "Kensei" mark on them are being bagged and tagged by "Adam" -- looks like he has a "company" of his own..... cool....

I can't wait until next week. I am SO glad we won't be at WDW next week!!! I can't believe I just said that!

Red Randal
11-06-2007, 12:22 PM
If you didn't enjoy last night's episode then just give up on the season.

The season is finally starting to come together and looks like it might get really good. The whole thing with the symbol FINALLY make sense (!) which was a really cool moment. I can't help but wonder, did Kensi come to the future OR did this guy go into the past like Hiro? Hmm...

Hopefully the writer's strike doesn't cut the season short. As I understand it, they filmed a season finale to use in December if it doesn't look like they'll be able to do any more episodes this year.

NotaGeek
11-06-2007, 02:18 PM
WOW! OMG I loved last nights episode and I can't wait to see how Alex/Kensei plays into this whole crazy story! Next week looks amazing ... and I must say, I love that NBC is using so many of my favorite Alias stars! Did you guys know that Alex(aka Julian Sark from Alias and David Anders in real life) is actually from Oregon and is AMERICAN!?!

I am looking forward to learning more about Mrs. Petrelli and her powers!

LibertyTreeGal
11-06-2007, 02:20 PM
I didn't think about the possibility of Kensei coming to the future, I just figured he and Claire are immortal, for all intents and purposes. After all, he was also a contemporary of the older generation of heroes. Since Lindermann was his disciple, he has to have been around for that time too.

diz_girl
11-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Thank God for November sweeps. This episode was probably the best of the season.

Someone in a previous post mentioned about Kensei probably living a very long time because he can regenerate. Whoever you were - you were right! Good work.

Looking back on other posts last week a few of you also pointed out some good things that were right on.

Red Randal - DL was sort of a new alter ego - through Matt's Dad messing with her head.

Liberty Tree Gal - Bravo about the whole Kensei mark on those bagged and tagged by Adam, since Adam is Kensei. Kensei has just been puttering around for a few centuries. Monica probably will become that vigilante in the 9th wonder comic of Micah's.

I completely spaced on the possibility of Sylar getting injected with that virus. Duh. But who was the first victim of the virus? Was it DL? or Nikki? I can't remember if they said that the first case was reported May 12, 2007 or Nov 12, 2007.

Kristen Bell's (the chick who killed the Irish dude) daddy is probably Adam. And what happens to Peter's new girlfriend if she's transported to a future that winds up not existing if Peter can save the world. Again.

Here's my two cents. If Hiro has seen Adam (as Kensei) and finds a Company picture of the twelve of them and sees Kensei there, then Hiro and Ando (who will recognize Mrs. Petrilli in the picture) will be taking another trip to New York. It's kind of weird that Hiro created Adam by betraying Kensei with the swordsman's daughter. And that Adam probably may have recognized Hiro when he was growing up since he's friends with Hiro's dad. Wait a minute - the Company isn't just a way for Kensei to take revenge on Hiro, is it?

I have to stop now before I get really carried away. I'm such a geek.

Until next week...

NotaGeek
11-06-2007, 06:18 PM
Thank God for November sweeps. This episode was probably the best of the season.

Someone in a previous post mentioned about Kensei probably living a very long time because he can regenerate. Whoever you were - you were right! Good work.

Looking back on other posts last week a few of you also pointed out some good things that were right on.

Red Randal - DL was sort of a new alter ego - through Matt's Dad messing with her head.

Liberty Tree Gal - Bravo about the whole Kensei mark on those bagged and tagged by Adam, since Adam is Kensei. Kensei has just been puttering around for a few centuries. Monica probably will become that vigilante in the 9th wonder comic of Micah's.

I completely spaced on the possibility of Sylar getting injected with that virus. Duh. But who was the first victim of the virus? Was it DL? or Nikki? I can't remember if they said that the first case was reported May 12, 2007 or Nov 12, 2007.

Kristen Bell's (the chick who killed the Irish dude) daddy is probably Adam. And what happens to Peter's new girlfriend if she's transported to a future that winds up not existing if Peter can save the world. Again.

Here's my two cents. If Hiro has seen Adam (as Kensei) and finds a Company picture of the twelve of them and sees Kensei there, then Hiro and Ando (who will recognize Mrs. Petrilli in the picture) will be taking another trip to New York. It's kind of weird that Hiro created Adam by betraying Kensei with the swordsman's daughter. And that Adam probably may have recognized Hiro when he was growing up since he's friends with Hiro's dad. Wait a minute - the Company isn't just a way for Kensei to take revenge on Hiro, is it?

Until next week...

:eek:

You took this to a whole different level. :)

DisneyTwirler13!
11-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah, really!
I'm still kind of confused with this season, but I really liked last night's episode. I hope that West and Claire get back together, bc he is, as Claire's mom says, "adorable!", but her dad would be a problem, but if West would sit down and talk, maybe they could figure something out. Besides, where are the Bennets going to move now?
What's happening with Sylar and Micah and all those people?
And what's with the paintings? A lot of them have already happened, so what's the big deal?
I wonder if Nathan will try to find Peter, or if Peter will go looking for his mom?

mickeysworld
11-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Count me as still confused! but I did enjoy last night's episode much better than the previous ones and I'm hoping they really do answer all the questions they posed at the end (exactly what I've been wondering and wanting answers to!)

LibertyTreeGal
11-07-2007, 07:36 AM
I think the biggest question for me is, what is Angela Petrelli's power???? Is her power responsible for Nathan not having radioactive burns anymore? I know what he sees in the mirror must be real -- Peter had already started to radiate when he grabbed him. So is his nice new face an illusion? No, it couldn't be because he shaved. I doubt she is a healer because Lindermann was and Angela would have healed her DIL after the accident. Gosh, what could it be???? I can't even guess.

And how interesting will it be if Nikki never gets her powers back??

And, can the virus kill Claire and Adam? Wouldn't they have injected Adam right away once they captured him? Maybe it doesn't work because they can regenerate out of it.

URGH! Too many questions. I love this show!

snowflakegirl
11-07-2007, 08:42 AM
URGH! Too many questions. I love this show!

Me, too! And I'm happy because I thought last night was a lot better than the episodes leading up to it.

Still definitely as many questions as answers, though. I can't wait for next week's show!

chrisb26
11-07-2007, 11:31 AM
I also wonder if it is Nikki who started the virus that killed 95% of the population. It could make sense since they said that Nathan died in the first outbreak and he is near Nikki right now. I hope they can prevent it that would be really bad.

Until next week...

You know I never even thought of it this way. I just figured he had the same powers as Peter does. I never thought that he just couldn't die and he was just alive that long. But that would be very intresting. It would also make sense I really didn't think he died in that explosion. Especially if you could regenerate. The only thing we have seen that really does Claire in is when she has something stuck in her head and even then as soon as its removed she is fine. I would think it would be the same for him.

I do want to know however how it was that Adam knew right where Peter would land. He seemed to have been waiting for him there.

Either way I can't wait for next weeks episode it looks amazing.

Red Randal
11-08-2007, 09:29 PM
Has anyone seen Ando in that new McDonald's commercial? I guess being a recurring guest star on Heroes doesn't pay too well.

chrisb26
11-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Has anyone seen Ando in that new McDonald's commercial? I guess being a recurring guest star on Heroes doesn't pay too well.

Hmm that is intresting I haven't seen that commercial yet. But I was going to say something in a simular thing to that. I've been watching other shows lately and seen some Heroes before the show and its pretty intresting. It took me a minute to figure who some of them where. Like West was in the movie Election and the Claire was on Malcolm in the Middle for a couple episodes. I just thought it was funny to see them play such different roles when they where a bit younger.

LibertyTreeGal
11-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Greg Grunberg, who plays Matt Parkman, was in Alias, and he is currently a spokesperson for Weight Watchers (looking good Greg!) so I see him on commercials every once in a while. Hayden (Claire) did a ton of Disney movies before Heroes. Ali Larter was in Legally Blonde, and HRG, a looong time ago was on Days of Our Lives -- he played a serial killer when I was in 5th grade, the Salem Strangler(took me forever to figure out why I recognized him). Sylar was on Season 3 or 4 of 24, he was one of the analysts (I was recently watching reruns and a chill would go up my spine every time I'd see him -- watch out Jack!!!) Of course, Hiro's dad and Micah's grandma were both on Star Trek OS. The funny thing is that Masi Oka, who plays Hiro, is a real genius, he works at Industrial Light and Magic -- he works there a couple of days a week, he did special effects for POTC3, among other things :thumbsup:

I believe the guy who plays Ando is actually a very famous film star overseas, and as for doing the commercial -- he's an actor, and when you aren't working full time, why not make the extra $$$ ;) I'd sure do it!

ChipnDaleGal
11-10-2007, 09:24 AM
I am wondering if Adam/Kensei is like Peter and Sylar and can absorb other's powers? Then I start to wonder if he went back to ancient Japan to mess with Hiro and manipulate that outcome there. I agree that this last episode was the best so far this season and I hope it is the beginning of bringing all the plotlines together and make some things more clear. I still love this show, but I have to admit to feeling less sure of what is happening and not getting quite as much of that amazing "WOW" factor as I did last year. I was happiest last night to have Ando and Hiro back in the same time. I think they are so cute together.

NJDad
11-10-2007, 09:42 AM
There's a little story in theis week's Entertainment Weekly where Tim Kring basically apologizes for the lesser quality of this year's storyline.

He thought they were doing something along the same lines as last season-gradually building up the story, but realized we're all ready for more sooner in the second season. Said if he had to do it again he would have thrown the NYC scene into the first episode, not the one two ones back.

LibertyTreeGal
11-10-2007, 10:31 AM
I am wondering if Adam/Kensei is like Peter and Sylar and can absorb other's powers? .

I don't think so -- Angela knows Adam, and she told Peter that he's (Peter, not Adam) "the most powerful of us all."

Dang, Adam *might* just be Claire's grandfather..... that would explain alot. If Nathan and Peter were half siblings. And in fact, considering the fact that the company is actively breeding people to see what happens, it would not surprise me that she had kids with two of the old school heroes -- we know she slept with Sulu, so why not Adam too?

diz_girl
11-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Another really good episode. And boy, could I be any more wrong with my theories. But then again, when have I been right.

Question answered! So Angela Petrelli's power seems to be the power of persuasion. Literally, not just figuratively. That's how she could get Nathan to be so selfish when it came to Claire, politics, etc. It makes sense. I wonder if she got her husband to commit suicide by using her power. And Peter obviously has that power too, but doesn't know it yet.

Poor DL. I'm going to miss him.

Has Adam really been imprisoned for 30 years? Right now we're just relying on his word.

Was anyone else thinking that when Adam injected his blood into Nathan's IV that they hoped that they were a compatible blood type? Maybe Adam is O positive.

I'm still digesting last night's episode. But I can't wait to hear what you guys think. It's neat reading the theories and possibilities that you think of.

LibertyTreeGal
11-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Was anyone else thinking that when Adam injected his blood into Nathan's IV that they hoped that they were a compatible blood type? Maybe Adam is O positive.

Of course they are compatible -- he's Nathan's dad -- that would explain Claire having the same power (after all, how often have we seen powers duplicated randomly?). At least that's my theory from last week and I'm sticking with it :thumbsup:

It would also explain why they knew that Claire's blood would heal people.....

But if I'm right that's only like three times out of about 100 theories!

NotaGeek
11-13-2007, 11:39 AM

No ... Adam said his blood would heal him ... and because of his healing ability. I don't think that considered was considered in the storyline... :mickey:

diz_girl
11-13-2007, 01:28 PM
No ... Adam said his blood would heal him ... and because of his healing ability. I don't think that considered was considered in the storyline... :mickey:

I know. I just wondered if anyone else's practical side poked through like mine did.

And on a side note - the twins are still annoying.

chrisb26
11-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Wow another great episode last night! I liked how they went backwards to answer questions which they seemed to do pretty well.

I don't like how they killed off DL I thought how they made him die originally seemed better (not that people dying is good) just the way he actually died seemed kind of rushed I am kind of mad he was killed off I did like his character.

It was also intresting to see that Nikki has another new personality. It'll be intresting to see where they go with that will she have more emerge?

The twins I was happy to see why they where actually on the run although I still don't know how they play into everything I guess we will get that in a future episode.

I was kind of mad they didn't show anything with Sylar I know they talked about it when he first woke up but I would have liked them to have actually shown what happened and how he got to where he was and then again in the middle of the forest. If he was really ever there.

I think they did a good job with the how Peter lost his memory and ended up in that crate.

I am also wondering if Adam was indeed in that prison for 30 years or if he lied. I thought that was awesome how his blood could heal like that.

I thought this at first like how could his blood heal if it wasn't the same type.

I think this is correct I dont think it matters what blood type Adam is because of what his blood has in it would heal the effects of the wrong blood type anyways wouldn't it.

I thought it was amazing how fast that worked also and now we know why Nathan keeps seeing himself as a burned person it was in fact because he really was.

One thing I can say about this season I never know who is good and who isn't every week it changes. One week you think the company isn't that bad then the next you think they are bad guys. Same with Claire's father. Adam as well it appeared he was the bad guy but is he really? Just because the Company says he is doens't make it so. I can understand what he did with Hiro he was kind of betrayed by his friend and the woman he loved and kind of over reacted. But what else have we seen to prove his is so terrible?

Next weeks episod looks pretty good can't wait for it. But I do have a question If Claire and Adam have the same ablility why didn't the Company have Adam's blood? I would think if he was held captive for 30 years they could have taken it. Now they want Claire's?

LibertyTreeGal
11-20-2007, 07:09 AM
Well, as soon as HRG died I figured they'd bring him back with Claire's blood, so that kind of ruined that surprise, but it was still a good episode. I did cry like a baby when he got shot.

Would anyone think I'm a total geek if I leave the park early next monday to watch the next episode??? It's only MGM, my least favorite park....

And Matt is really worrying me. I did NOT like what he was doing with Molly :mad:

snowflakegirl
11-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Well, as soon as HRG died I figured they'd bring him back with Claire's blood, so that kind of ruined that surprise, but it was still a good episode. I did cry like a baby when he got shot.

Would anyone think I'm a total geek if I leave the park early next monday to watch the next episode??? It's only MGM, my least favorite park....

And Matt is really worrying me. I did NOT like what he was doing with Molly :mad:

I agree, I kind of jumped to the conclusion that they'd bring HRG back with Claire's blood, too. Made the ending scene a little anti-climatic ... but of course raises the question of what they're going to do with him now.

Matt is worrying me, too. I wasn't impressed with the what he was doing with Molly, but I was willing to almost write it off as a he's just unintentionally discovered that his powers have evolved (because he did seem surprised when she first parroted back to him what he had been asking her to do) and a brief experiment with it when he told her to come back and eat her cereal.... but then when he used his powers on Angela I got even more worried...And even she said "if you take this secret from me you're not just like you're father, you are your father"...and that last frame with the picture in it had the woman's name, so he clearly used his power to take that secret from Angela. I'm sure he thinks he's doing what he needs to do to do the right things, but I think we're going to find that he's walking a very fine line...

What about Mohinder?!? I think he's going to have trouble coming back from the fact that he shot HRG.

Can't wait to see next week's episode.

diz_girl
11-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Hiro's quest to save his father was very touching. And how he found out who killed his Dad was interesting, as I didn't realize that Hiro was hiding to see who it was. I knew it was Adam, as the person had to either fly or heal. I didn't think that it would be Peter (and Nathan's pre-occupied), so it had to be Adam.

Matt is definitely going down a slippery slope, as is Mohinder. They think that they're working for the greater good, but now they're compromising their integrity, like the previous generation (but not Mohinder's Dad).

Before they showed HRG being revived with Clare's blood, I wondered if they were just going to leave his body there. Guess not. Or did Adam take him and revive him? Probably not. HRG's probably just stuck somewhere in the Company. I wonder if Bob went after Claire because Adam escaped and the Company could no longer use his blood? And what is Bob's power? Did I miss that one?

By the way, I read in US Weekly (in the doctors office) that the show shot a season finale to be broadcast on December 3rd, if the writer's strike looks like it will be going on for a while. So there are possibly only two more episodes this year. :( First the writer's strike took the Daily Show and the Colbert Report from me and now it looks like it's taking Heroes. :( Well, at least I have Netflix.

LibertyTreeGal
11-20-2007, 11:23 AM
And what is Bob's power? Did I miss that one?

Bob has the "Midas touch" -- he can turn any metal into gold. He showed it to Mohinder when he was showing him how he could afford to fully fund his research.

chrisb26
11-20-2007, 12:01 PM
I really enjoyed last night’s episode. When it was about to start and I saw the scene where Hiro's father was killed it occurred to me that it probably was Adam that did it because he could heal.

I'd really like to know what Matt will do with this new ability. When Molly first heard what Matt said to here I was like she can read minds now too? But then I saw that he just put the idea in their heads that is interesting. I did wonder why Matt continued to pursue who the other woman in that picture was especially if Mrs. Petrelli tried so hard to not tell him obviously she was either safe or something if she didn't even want him to know her name so why pursue it so much? Especially after that comment about being his father who I don't think he likes.

First off why are we calling Noah Bennet HRG? Maybe I missed it from season 1.

I couldn't believe Mohinder actually shot Noah I mean I knew the paintings where accurate and all but I didn't think he would actually do it. Guess he is turning more into the old Noah Bennet then he thinks.

I was actually surprised they brought him back But I wonder who did it. Was it Claire’s blood and the company or Adam's blood? I don't know if it was the company since Bob seemed to make it very clear he wanted Noah dead. Also that cell he was locked up in didn't seem to be one from the company so maybe it was Adam and he is hold him somewhere.

I also wonder how willing Elle will be to do things now that she knows the truth of what her father did to her. She seemed pretty mad about it when they where driving home. I wonder if the company does in fact have Noah she might let him go since she saw he was only protecting Claire and she isn't too happy with her Dad now.

NotaGeek
11-20-2007, 12:19 PM
I 100% think it's Adam and Peter that revived HRG. Well, maybe not 100%, but why would the company revive him, unless it was all an act!

Last night's episode was great, but they have too many characters now ... every week they leave out 2 sets of people so the show isn't too confusing, but it makes me irritated because the Peter/Adam storyline is more important. :) Or Peter and Adam are really cute. :)

AND i need to understand those devil eye twins! What is the deal!

Tinkerbell627
11-20-2007, 01:50 PM
[COLOR=black]First off why are we calling Noah Bennet HRG? Maybe I missed it from season 1.

HRG stands for "horn-rimmed glasses". We didn't know his name in season 1 so that's what everyone called him and it just stuck.

chrisb26
11-20-2007, 08:01 PM
HRG stands for "horn-rimmed glasses". We didn't know his name in season 1 so that's what everyone called him and it just stuck.

Ah that makes sense lol I had same problem with people calling the black smoke thing RRE on LOST :blush:

Thanks for the help :D

DisneyTwirler13!
11-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Of course they are compatible -- he's Nathan's dad -- that would explain Claire having the same power (after all, how often have we seen powers duplicated randomly?). At least that's my theory from last week and I'm sticking with it :thumbsup:

I don't think that Adam is Nathan's dad. When Matt showed Nathan the picture of the big group of people, Nathan pointed out his dad, and his dad looks nothing like Adam. Sorry!

snowflakegirl
11-26-2007, 08:13 AM
I don't think that Adam is Nathan's dad. When Matt showed Nathan the picture of the big group of people, Nathan pointed out his dad, and his dad looks nothing like Adam. Sorry!

I'm not sure I think he's Nathan's father either. Although I do think it is a possibility. We know that Mrs. Petrelli had an affair with Hiro's father ... Who knows if she had affairs with others of the "original" 9. Just because Nathan grew up believing that Mr. Petrelli was his father doesn't mean that he was biologically.

Of course they are compatible -- he's Nathan's dad -- that would explain Claire having the same power (after all, how often have we seen powers duplicated randomly?).

I agree we haven't really seen powers duplicated randomly ... but by that reasoning, wouldn't it be likely that West is somehow related to Nathan? Which would also make him somehow related to Claire...and I'm kind of hoping that they don't take it that route.

I can't wait til tonight's episode. This season was slow to start, although I've enjoyed it all along, but I'm really starting to actively look forward to Monday nights again. Too bad it looks like the season finale will now be on the 3rd. :-( Only two more episodes.

DisneyTwirler13!
11-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Tonights episode was really weird. :confused:
I didn't get what Sylar was doing at all! He's playing with Maya! What does he have against Alejandro anyways? And what did he do with Matt?!?! I hope he didn't kill him!
Whose ashes were those that Bob gave the Bennet/Butler family?
What's going to happen to Monica and Micah? And what about Niki's virus? Will Suresh be able to cure her?
And the whole thing with Victoria Pratt and Adam and Peter-that is just way too confusing for me. Is Adam good or is he bad? Bob and all them are saying that he's bad, but Peter and Adam are saying that he's trying to save the world from the virus!
And why wasn't Peter frozen when Hiro stopped time?
Help!!! :confused:
Season 1 made complete sense,but Season 2 is out of it completly!

Tinkerbell627
11-26-2007, 10:55 PM
ITA that this season is a little too confusing. Here's my two cents:

I think Adam is ultimately the bad guy. He's trying to take out the Founders of the Company for revenge and to keep them out of the way of him spreading the virus. I think he's spreading the virus for power. He can't be affected by it because he heals and domination over 7% of the world's population is a lot easier than all 100%. As we saw in Japan, he's pretty power hungry and is looking out for him and him alone.
The Company is also bad and is trying to be taken down by HRG and maybe Mo (who knows what side he's on nowadays) because they're experimenting on all of the people with powers and using them for their own personal gain.
And then there's Sylar who's after Maya's power but not until she can control it. Alejandro is onto him so he's trying to get him out of the way, which he did, so he can manipulate Maya and get her to start controlling her own power, so when he takes it, he'll be able to control it as well.
And Peter can time travel like Hiro, so when Hiro stops time in the presence of Peter, Peter is not affected.

mjaclyn
11-27-2007, 12:47 PM
IMO this has probably been the most confusing season so far! I think they spent WAY too much time in the beginning trying to explain the time travelling/Kensei thing. Now they only have two(?) episodes left to try and bring everything together. There are just too many questions and I'm getting so confused about who is good and who is bad here...very strange.

snowflakegirl
11-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Well it's not entirely their fault that they only have two (and actually I think it's just one on December 3rd) episodes left to bring it all together. It was my understanding that December 3rd was just supposed to be the conclusion of a story arc and they were going to continue with a focus on concluding one of the next pieces. Because of the writer strike they refilmed the last fifteen minutes of the December 3rd episode so that they could use it as a season finale if they needed to.

Red Randal
11-27-2007, 01:55 PM
So let me see if I've got this straight...

Peter vs. Hero (!!)

Claire vs. Veronica Mars (!!!)

Sylar and Maya as a super evil murder duo...who KIDNAP CHILDREN

All hopefully leading up to an awesome Peter vs. Adam showdown, invincible vs. invincible.

I can't wait for next week. PLEASE resolve the writer's strike so maybe we can get a season 2.5.

snowflakegirl
11-27-2007, 03:35 PM
I can't wait for next week. PLEASE resolve the writer's strike so maybe we can get a season 2.5.

Yes, please!

I agree, I'm looking forward to the hopefully inevitable Peter vs. Adam showdown. I do hope Peter realizes what is happening.

What's with Maya by the way? How can she not see how creepy Sylar is? When he "convinced the babysitter to go home" and was sitting petting Molly's hair and talking to Mohinder in that super creepy voice I assumed she was somewhere else in the apartment, but no, she was just standing in the doorway smiling at him. I've heard of love blinding you, but .... he's creepy!

And where's Matt? Obviously not with Molly since Sylar referenced a babysitter. He was looking for the woman from the picture at the end of the last episode. We saw Peter and Adam find her and he wasn't there... Hmm.

thrillme
11-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Hmmmm...will Matt's newfound power be able to control both Syler and Maya?

I think there's a good probablity that Adam is Nathan's biological father. Thus making him Claire's Grandfather. Their abilities seem to match well.

I'm tired of Maya. She's so absolutely "off the planet" about EVERYTHING that it'd be just fine and dandy is she were "eliminated". How can you possibly know that YOU are the cause of so many people dying around you and not just resigne yourself to punishment? She's as crazy as Syler is.

At least it's just the "season" finale...not the "series" finale.

ChipnDaleGal
11-27-2007, 07:16 PM
Last night's episode frustrated me. Syler killed the wrong sibling if he was just going to do one in. Suresh is driving me crazy by not seeing HRG is the one telling him the truth, not Bob. And I simply can not take Peter fighting Hiro. I think Adam is the mother of all bad guys on this show.

chrisb26
11-27-2007, 08:01 PM
I thought last nights episode was pretty good although I must admit it was confusing. They keep going all over the place with certain storylines. The thing that is unfortunate is that with the WGS this might be the actual season finale I really don't think they will be able to wrap everything up correctly and efficiently in just one episode. I'm really hoping the strike ends soon (and that they get what they deserve ;) ) But hopefully it will end fast so we would be able to get a second half of the season. It would be really bad to have to wait all the way until next October for new episodes.

I think the whole Sylar thing is creepy. I can't believe Maya could trust Sylar so much. He is just so evil. I can't believe she would think her brother would just leave like that. She acted as if she didn't care. Then when they where at Matt and Mohinders house with Molly she was sitting there smiling at Sylar of course all she knows is that Sylar and Mohinder are good friends but still. I'm sure she is making a fatal mistake and will soon realize it but of course it will be too late.

I know am sure Adam is evil for a while I couldn't tell since sometimes he did bad and then did good. Also you could explain somewhat why he did some of the things he was doing. However wanting to release that virus that will kill everybody I can't see any good in that. Hopefully Peter will come to his senses before that happens.

I am also wondering where they will go with the Claire Elle storyline what will happen. I think that Elle is finally starting to realize what her father really is with at least the way he is treating her. He acted like he could care less she had just been shot. I think this might be a mistake on his part.

Originally Posted by thrillme
I think there's a good probability that Adam is Nathan's biological father. Thus making him Claire's Grandfather. Their abilities seem to match well.

I'm not sure if this is the case or not. I believe they are related someway. Adam is after all 400 years old so Adam could be the father of possibly Nathan’s father or something like that. Although I wouldn't rule Adam being Nathan’s real father out. Adam was locked up for 30 years and I heard some where that Nathan would be about 38 or 39 so if they knew Adam 8 or 9 years before they locked him up it is possible. Especially since Claire never knew that Noah wasn't her father for a while although that would mean that Nathan has gone his entire life not knowing his real father.

I really hope they do a good job next week wrapping up the all the plot lines although I don't know how that could be. One good thing is that they are not calling it the season finale just the Heroes Finale so lets all hope the strike will end soon and we will see new episodes sooner rather then later!

WDWfanatic742
11-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Hopefully it isn't such a cliff hanger next week. :(

DisneyTwirler13!
11-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Wasn't there a graphic novel on the Heroes website about Nathan's dad? I seem to remember it was in War Buddies, and he had a letter from his wife about Nathan. I think that Adam is Nathan and Peter's grandpa, because that would be so much more interesting than him being their dad.
Still...
I hope that the season finale will clear a bunch of things up!
Hey, is Matt's dad Maury still stuck in his nightmare world thing?
Wouldn't it have been cool if Sylar had accidentally killed Maya instead of Alejandro? She is so annoying, but in the episode where we went back four months, she was pretty!

LibertyTreeGal
12-03-2007, 09:13 AM

You have made the assumption that just because you were raised by someone that that makes them your biological parent. I'm not arguing who raised Nathan and Peter, just pointing out that the original 9 were involved with interbreeding heroes, and it isn't a stretch to believe that they might not have experimented with each other as far as seeing what they could come up with. Of course, the whole thing is just random guessing anyway. We have no idea who is who's biological parent anyway!

By the same reasoning, you could show me a pic of Claire and Noah Bennet together and say she isn't related to Nathan. True, he certainly isn't her daddy, but he is her bio-parent.

LibertyTreeGal
12-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Oh my goodness, I think I am going to be sick!

Nathan dead and his mom giving her blessing to the act, and Sylar is back with his powers.....

and worst of all is that MAYA IS ALIVE! :fit:

But man oh man -- is Hiro capable of cruelty or what? Here's the deal, what happens when Adam runs out of oxygen? Will he just stay dead or can he survive without it? Will his body adapt to the lack of oxygen? I'm betting his body may well adapt. He'll be alive down there..... forever..... better hope a big earthquake doesn't hit Japan and bust him loose!

And whose brain was that in the vault anyway? Gave me the willies....

chrisb26
12-04-2007, 01:14 AM
Great Episode!

I can't believe they did that to Nathan but I wouldn't say he is dead for sure since we thought he was dead once before. I couldn't believe his own mother was behind it. I could understand a bit with saying to do that with Peter since it could have been him or the world. But really Nathan? So sad :(

I have to say not good Sylar has powers back :scared:watch out!

I hope Nikki will be okay I really like her hope she isn't a goner. But I dont know what they could do for her after being inside a building that exploded of course we dont know that for sure.

I'm glad Peter came to his senses before it was too late. I have to give props to Hiro for what he did. I dont think Hiro could actually kill him so he did the only thing he could think of. I also wonder what will happen to Adam now will he be stuck underground forever?

I do have to agree that vault did have some interesting things in it. What was with those playing cards? Maybe they where lindermins he had the casinos. I have to wonder whos brain that was also. Perhaps they took the scarecrows brain from wizard of oz :D

I have to say I cant wait for Volume 3: Villans

Lets all hope it returns in early 2008 not late 2008

diz_girl
12-04-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm going to miss Heroes :(.

There's a lot to analyze this week - so sorry if my post is a little long.

Am I the only one that missed how Angela Petrelli got out of prison? Was it because that Victoria Pratt was killed while Angela was in custody? I think that I came back late from a commercial break. I wonder what she meant by talking about opening Pandora's box (at the end of the show). Is it because Peter is more powerful than everyone else, now knows about the company, and will be angry about Nathan? We shall see.

And we never learned the power of Hiro's dad, did we?

OK, Sylar shot Maya :woohoo:, then she was revived:fit:. Maybe she could control her power further by limiting her range, then she might be less annoying and her storyline could get better. But then how useful could she be, other than in hunting Sylar - maybe she will seek revenge for his killing Alejandro. But if Sylar wants her power, he'll have to knock her unconscious first or else she'll do the black bleeding eyes-thing that she does and get him first. Sylar is starting to get annoying this season - maybe Maya will be useful after all.

Boy, I agree that Hiro definitely displayed some cruelty with what he did to Adam. But it's also pretty clever. I'm just amazed that Adam sliced up a few security guards, but while they fell down no one bled. Did anyone else notice that?
LTG - I was thinking the same thing about what the lack of oxygen would do to Adam.

At least we now know that Peter can control his nuclear power. Was anyone else annoyed that he was such an idiot about Adam? It was kind of lame. As for Nathan, come on, who really thinks that he'll die (at least permanently)? Did HRG shoot him on his first assignment back with the Company? Either Peter (if he ceases his lameness) will use his own blood to revive Nathan, since he knows that Adam's blood can heal, or Nathan still has some healing ability from when he first received Adam's blood. Or maybe Peter absorbed the virus, and gives it to Nathan when he injects him with his blood? And the visus is still released and Nathan is still among the first to die. Hmmm.

On another note - Elle seemed to like saving lives. Look out Bob.

Does Peter's saving the world (again) mean that Caitlin ceases to exist? Did I miss that too? Thinking about this is making my head hurt.

Poor Nikki and poor Micah. Now he's lost both parents, if Nikki is truly dead. Who knows with this show.

Well, well see when the next season starts.

chrisb26
12-04-2007, 12:01 PM
I don't know how it happened but at the beginning I know Nathan had said that he was the one that got his mother out of jail. I don't believe he said how he did it though. Just something along the lines of well you never killed him.

Also with the whole Adam killing the guards I did notice the lack of blood however I think that was due to Heroes being in Primetime I don't think they could have had blood squirting out that might not have been approiate for a show like that.

LibertyTreeGal
12-04-2007, 12:08 PM
I think it was HRG too, that shot Nathan, I was mulling that over in my head this morning.

One other thing I thought of -- did Hiro place Adam in his father' tomb? Ick :ack:

And I forgot to mention Nikki *sniffle* if she is really gone then she will be missed.....

DisneyTwirler13!
12-07-2007, 09:14 PM
That could prove interesting if HRG did actually shoot Nathan. If Claire finds out, we'll have an interesting fight between the two!
And I just found out that Tim Kring said that the fate of Niki and Nathan was up in the air, and when the strike ends, they'll figure it out. :thumbsup:
However... concerning Adam, Kring said that they have given very little reason for viewers to think that he will come back, but I don't know if that means short- or long-term dissapperance. :secret:
Why won't Maya die?!?! :mad: She is very annoying, and not an asset to the show in any way whatsoever!
Oh, and Elle is proving to becoming interesting... she did like being called a hero... maybe she'll become a good guy!
What happened to the paintings?
And what about Caitlin and Peter? Will he save her? I liked her....
And I thought we were going to learn more about the 1st group of Heroes, but we only learned about Moary's ability! Nobody else's! Everybody hints at an ability, but nobody has shown what they really can do yet! It's maddening! :-o

Oh, well.... I hope more answers than questions will come with the new round of episodes in the upcoming year! Cross your fingers!!! :thumbsup:

LibertyTreeGal
12-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Oh gosh, I just figured out two ways that Adam could get free, without Hiro's help -- (1) If Matt's dad ever gets free, he will certainly go looking for him and he can find him; (2) if someone gets ahold of Molly, she can find him *gulp*

DisneyTwirler13!
12-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Hey, yeah, that's true! But, besides Moary, who would be looking for him? And who else knows about Molly and her ability? I'd be satisfied if I knew he had no way out, because now he is in absolute solitude, with no help from Peter.
Gosh, that must be torture, to be continuously dying. What happens to him when he runs out of oxygen? What if that is one of the only ways that he, Claire, and Peter can die, by suffocating them and cutting of the oxygen flow to the brain, because the only other way to kill them is to shoot them through the head.
January can not come soon enough!

LibertyTreeGal
12-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Okay, just pulled this description of Angela Petrelli's power off of internet movie database

Angela Petrelli (Cristine Rose) -- Temporal Projection -- Mother of Nathan and Peter. Can project herself to the past, where in "How to Stop an Exploding Man", she has a discussion with Charles Deveaux about events which about to transpire. Peter unknowingly acquires this ability, and projects himself to the past (and makes himself invisible to avoid being seen) during the same time his mother is talking to Charles.

DisneyTwirler13!
01-05-2008, 08:49 PM
That's cool! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Hey, anybody know when episodes start back up again?

NotaGeek
01-05-2008, 10:26 PM
That's cool! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Hey, anybody know when episodes start back up again?

The season ended, so I wouldn't expect another season until Fall 2008. :mad:

This strike has ruined television this fall!

DisneyTwirler13!
01-06-2008, 01:59 PM
They said that episodes would resume in the new year.... gosh, I hope that it's not fall 2008!

LibertyTreeGal
01-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Well, it takes a long while to write and then film a new plotline/season. The episodes we have already seen were largely filmed over the summer. NBC has probably nixed the idea of any new episodes until Fall 2008 on every one of their non reality shows, not just Heroes. They don't want the writer's guild to have any more leverage than necessary.