PDA

View Full Version : DH got me a Disney Visa

Tinkerfreak
09-24-2007, 02:57 PM
My DH is so sweet. He always teases me about my Disney addiction. He opened the mail the other day and said he had something for me. It was a Disney Visa with tinkerbell on it. I was so excited I was jumping up and down like a little kid. My mom told him he was an enabler because he is feeding my addiction by buying me Disney Planning books and getting me the disney Visa, etc.
What are the benefits of the Visa card besides earning money on your purchases? (Not so good for my shopping habit either). I have a coupon in my Birnaum's guide book for a $50 gift card for signing up for a Visa but I think it had to be used at the time he signed up. I might call and see if they will still honor it, if they say no then at least I will know for sure.
Sorry I am rambling on I am just so excited.
I would love to hear from all of you Disney Visa card holders about the perks of owning one.
Thanks!

jenperich
09-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Well there are a bunch of benefits. You can get discounts on tours at the parks. You can get a discount at World of Disney. There's a character meet and greet at Epcot and you get a free picture with a character(with your Disney Visa). There are many things at Disneyland too. I love my D. Visa. I have Tinkerbell too and it's so great knowing that we're making money toward our trip with every purchase.

MarkC
09-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Congrats on the card! We use ours for everything. Now, here is the kicker. We keep track of our purchases so we know how much the bill will be each month. I also check it on-line on a daily basis so I make sure there is nothing unauthorized. Just make sure whatever you charge you can pay off each month...........

That being said, we charge absolutely everything we can on it, including several of our bills and automatic payments. This builds our points quickly so we have more to spend at Disney. We are now using our points to pay our maintenance fees on our BCV timeshare. Again, use it to your advantage but make sure you don't abuse it or simply charge items just to build points. Send me a PM if you have more specific questions you don't feel comfortable posting on the entire board. Enjoy, Mark

Santuitman
09-24-2007, 04:16 PM
If you use it alot, like we do, the disney reward dollars will add up quicker that you might think and you can use them toward your next trip. WE force ourselfs to pay it off every month so it doesn't get out of hand and so we don't have to pay interest. We use our card for everything and had ~450 dollars toward our last trip! Just don't be late on a payment as you can't redeem the dollars if your pament is late.

Cheers

Brian

Edit You type faster than me, Mark!

WishingStar2006
09-24-2007, 04:35 PM
There's also another "small print" item....you can only "accrue" 750 Disney Reward Dollars in a year...I know that's a lot but for some of us who put EVERYTHING on there to earn the points....it can really add up!

RedSoxandPatsfan
09-24-2007, 06:39 PM
The biggest perk for me is the smile that it puts on my face every time I use it knowing that I am that much closer to my next trip.

I have Mickey, Donald, and Goofy.:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
09-24-2007, 11:06 PM
You can also get 0% interest for 6-months on Disney vacation packages booked using the card.

Tinkerfreak
09-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Wow thanks for all your help guys. I am one of those people who never carries a balance. If I can't afford to pay for it in full when the bill comes in I don't charge it period. I plan to use it often on things I would normally use my debit card for and will pay it off as soon as it comes in. I am looking forward to the meet and greet at Epcot. Exactly what is the location for this? I will definately also use it for purchases at Worl of Disney.

Momof2boys
09-25-2007, 11:19 AM
We pay our balance each month as well, but you can visit their website for more offers, not just those at the parks. We've used ours for discounts on movie tickets, and Disney On Ice tickets.

I have the same Tink card and get lots of comments on it.