PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY Engaged and FINALLY Posting About it!

DAKustodial
09-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey Folks!
So I've started a couple of threads on here before asking people their ideas on what the perfect proposal in WDW would be. I originally planned to propose to my girlfriend back in November, but some unforseen circumstances arose and I was not able to get the rest of the money together for the ring until this summer. Anyway, to make a long story short, I got the funds together, bought the ring, and decided to propse on our trip to WDW in July.

We were staying from July 12-16, and my plan was to pop the question on the 14th. I successfully got the ring through the airport security without having my bag searched, and we arrived at Port Orleans Riverside at about 10pm on the 12th. The next morning, while she was in the shower, I managed to sneak the ring box into my cargo shorts next to my camera...there was no way she could see it and I was all set...we were off to the Magic Kingdom. Now, here's where the story gets a little bit off track! I had planned to propose on the 14th during Illuminations. It is her favorite part of all of Walt Disney World, and I was very excited to ask her there. The problem is, I was SCARED TO DEATH walking around with that ring in my pocket that first day. After every attraction we went on, after every time I sat down and got up, I grabbed for that ring! So I figured, time for Plan B...I knew I couldn't wait until the next night!

We had plans to go to Ohana for dinner that night...our reservation was for about a half hour before Wishes started and I decided, since my girlfriend also loves both Ohana and Wishes, that I would proposed there during the Wishes finale, assuming we'd be able to see the fireworks. Well, they couldn't have put us further away from a window! The entire dinner, I was completely stressed out! We were also seated in between a family of five who were eating faster than any people I'd ever seen before (they were getting the most out of that all you can eat!) and a couple who argued the entire meal...not the most romantic setting! So I figured, OK, Plan C is going to have to be the one! I asked my girlfriend if she wanted to head back into the MK for Spectro...it started in about ten minutes. She thought it was a great idea but didn't think we could get back into the park, it was just fifteen minutes or so before closing time. So I took her by the hand, rushed to the Monorail at the Poly (which had about a ten minute wait!) then almost ran from the station to the park entrance.

We talked to the CMs at the entrance, explained that we just wanted to get in to see Spectro, and they let us in. I told my girlfriend that I thought the best place to see the parade was from right in front of Cinderella Castle, so again, I drug her by the hand all the way up Main Street to the ramp in front of the castle. All of a sudden, my whole mouth was dry, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move...I could not believe the moment was finally here! The poor girl must have been so confused! I mumbled through some of the things I wanted to tell her...she smiled but said later that she had absolutely no clue what was about to happen. Then I shakily dropped to one knee and proposed. The best part was, she never said YES! She started shaking, and kept saying, WHAT? WHAT?? Then I stood up and gave her a hug...she was laughing hysterically and kept saying, "Are you serious?! Is this ring mine?!" It was very funny and very 'her.'

So that was back in July...sorry I didn't post this story earlier but we've been BUSY! We're getting married in January! Anyway, thank you for reading and I am so sorry that this story is so long! Hopefully I did an OK job telling the story! Hope everyone is having a fantastic day, I know I am!

ibrowse17
09-24-2007, 12:22 PM
Big time :congrats: to you both.

Mickey'sGirl
09-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Congratulations! You told a terrific story!

I wish you a life of happiness together! :pixie:

laprana
09-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Awwww! That's so sweet! I couldn't imagine a better place to get engaged than WDW!! :congrats: to both of you! Sounds like she is a very lucky girl!! :pixie: for a happy wedding and even happier marriage!

thrillme
09-24-2007, 01:00 PM
That sounds AWESOME...you probably just made life difficult for a bunch of other guys because now they're going to have to live up to that romantic proposal :D

Best of luck on ya'lls future.

bleukarma
09-24-2007, 01:06 PM
Aww!! Thats so cute!!! Thanks for the story!! I usually hear it told from the girls point of view, its nice to hear it from a guys! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAKustodial
09-24-2007, 02:25 PM
Thanks everyone! It was really an amazing trip and after we were engaged we got to celebrate with several friends who are still living in the area. To top it all off, we are starting our honeymoon in Disneyland in January! Can't wait!

DisneyCouture
09-24-2007, 02:53 PM
Congratulations! That is such a romantic proposal! I wish you all the luck in the world.:heart:

Flower
09-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Tears reading this!

How wonderful! Congratulations!!!

2Epcot
09-24-2007, 10:18 PM
:congrats: on your engagement!

You actually have a great story since you had to go all the way to plan C. I think it makes for a more memorable proposal to share with others.

TikiGoddess
09-24-2007, 10:32 PM
What a great story to tell your kids and grandkids! Congratulations to the the two of you. Sounds like you're off to a great start.

TikiG

DAKustodial
09-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks again everyone! What's really cool is we first met on the WDW College Program back in the summer of 1998, but we were just friends until 2005. It really is amazing to end up with your best friend...I couldn't ask for anything better.

dolphinmickey9170
09-25-2007, 01:00 AM
What a wonderful story..sniffle...sniffle....I really liked plan C better anyway!! Congratulations to you both for a long and happy marriage.

Can't wait to here how the DL trip goes.:mickey:

angedeaile
09-25-2007, 04:39 AM
Awww....how wonderful! Congratulations!

Thank you for sharing that story. It was great! I am a sucker for proposal stories. I guess that is the girl in me :blush:

vizsla
09-25-2007, 05:41 AM
Congratulations:thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
09-25-2007, 08:30 AM
That's so sweet. Congrats to you both.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
09-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Congratulations to you both! I wish you the very best...My husband and I will be celebrating our ten year anniv. at Disney in November. ( a belated trip ) Our anniv. actually is 10/18/07. We love Disney and go back every year since our honeymoon in 1997, we stayed at the Contemporary which is amazing. You can't go wrong whereever you stay at Disney. If you want a wonderful honeymoon stay at DISNEY. Again, HAPPY ENGAGEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tink::congrats:
You're story was very touching. The best of luck for a future filled with many magical moments..

Bethanymouse
09-25-2007, 10:06 PM
What a wonderful story! Congrats to you both! Enjoy this special time!:mickey:

kakn7294
09-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Congrats to you and your fiance! What a sweet story! I loved Plan C - in front of the Castle and with SpectroMagic rolling by. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Dsnygirl
09-26-2007, 02:00 AM
:thumbsup: What a great story -- :congrats: on your engagement, and upcoming wedding!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you two!!

Terra
09-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Tears reading this!

How wonderful! Congratulations!!!

Ditto!!!

:congrats::magic:

Did anyone around you notice what was going on?? Did you get any applause???

BrerSchultzy
09-26-2007, 09:17 AM
What a great story! Thank you so much for sharing it...it gave me goosebumps.

My wife never said yes either. When I proposed to my wife (on stage, in front of 200 strangers), she said "Really?". And shook. A lot. Then cried. As I was taking her home later that night, I finally said "You never answered me"...she laughed then yelled YES directly in my ear.

Congrats to you both. I second the notion that being married to your best friend is the greatest thing that could ever happen...it certainly helps through the tough times. Keep us posted!

cal5755
09-26-2007, 11:35 AM
That is awesome!! I wish you and your fiance a wonderful wedding and many anniversaries in WDW!!

prprincess
09-26-2007, 01:01 PM
From one person who got engaged at Disney, to another.....

:congrats:

It sure does make for a great memory!

Figgyluv03
09-26-2007, 01:03 PM
congrats!!!!

tomorrowschild
09-26-2007, 04:18 PM
SO GREAT!!!!!!!

DAKustodial
10-24-2007, 07:54 AM
Thanks again, everyone!!

Although there were a few people walking by who saw it we did not get any applause...everyone seemed to be happy to let us do our own thing and that was perfectly fine for me!

We've decided to go with "When You Wish Upon a Star," the Billy Joel version, for our first dance at our wedding. We're also going to name our tables after WDW attractions, just to put a little bit of Disney into our wedding!

pdrlkr
10-24-2007, 05:03 PM