PDA

View Full Version : 4 Day Wonder 9/2 - 9/6/2007: Last Day

GreenBeetle
09-24-2007, 10:33 AM
Day 4: Relaxing at Sea

Even on our last full day of rest and relaxation, I could not sleep in. I loved to wander around the ship early in the morning before the passenger hustle and bustle began. It’s interesting to see the CMs all over the place dusting, mopping, waxing (and even painting) to shine things up for the new day. I know I’ve said it before, but I’m in total awe of this place and have a new respect for Disney. While the troops were still asleep, I was off to Beach Blanket for my breakfast staple: chocolate Mickey waffles. I’m so sad this is our last day. However, we are all looking forward to our dinner at Animator’s Palette tonight. The majority of this day was spent doing . . . well, nothing. That is what a relaxing day at sea should be, right? We attended the Q & A with Captain John and Crew (interesting and enjoyable), played a little Bingo hoping to win the big pot (no such luck), and attended the D Sea U Graduation ceremony. This one surprised me. It only lasts ½ an hour, but they really go all out for the kids. I’m so glad we didn’t miss it. The lunch buffet today (at Parrot Cay and Beach Blanket) was a seafood feast – shrimp and crab claws everywhere, fresh sushi, stir fry and other tempting seafood treats. But don’t get me wrong, there were plenty of choices for meat eaters and vegetarians as well. When we stopped back to our stateroom to get cleaned up for dinner, our host had already dropped off the autographed items I had left with Guest Services on Day 1. They looked awesome! We were thrilled with both of them. Thanks Intercot for the great ideas (especially Ellen for the photo mat tip)! Dressed and ready, we headed off to Animator’s Palette for our last dinner aboard The Wonder. Shortly after taking our seats, my head began to feel strange. Slowly but surely the rest of the family felt it too. The water in our glasses was even moving. Now this was a new feeling for us, since up to this point we felt no movement whatsoever. I asked our server what was happening. He looked at me like I had two heads: “Swaying, what swaying? I don’t feel a thing.” (I’m guessing they don’t want to alarm crazy people like me.) The kids took turns walking down the hall to look out the portholes. If a storm was brewing out there, then at least we would have some explanation. It was a bit windy, but nothing but blue skies everywhere. And no announcement from the Captain to tell us what’s up. (Again, probably not to alarm crazy people like me.) We just wanted to get through our dinner without . . . :sick:. Animator’s Palette is so cool, we really loved the light show. But I saw many people leaving rather quickly throughout the meal. By dessert, there were very few passengers left in the restaurant. The movement of the ship was taking a toll. Even walking to the Walt Disney Theater was a challenge. We lost our balance several times. It made me wonder how the performers could do their thing when the seas/winds are rough like this. But they did – Disney Dreams was another fantastic show! After the show, the kids went off to do their thing so dad and I could start packing up the room. I hate this job! It’s amazing how much new stuff we accumulated in just 4 days. The next morning, getting everyone up and moving to leave the ship was not easy. No one wanted it to end. We had a quick breakfast at Beach Blanket and then it was time to go. The whole process of disembarking and finding our luggage was a breeze. Once again, Disney has this down to a science. Good bye Disney Wonder – thanks for an unforgettable trip. Here’s hoping we’ll be back VERY soon.:sadwave:

ElenitaB
09-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks so much for posting! I've been really looking forward to this report in particular as we've only done the 3 day cruise and the fourth day indeed seems to hold all the luxury of time that I was hoping for (it's really hard to come back from Castaway Cay and pack up to go home that night; plus you have to somehow fit in the D Sea U "graduation" and we just ended up skipping it).

Your reports have been awesome and your photos fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing your cruise with us!

Tavel
09-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Like Ellen, we haven't had the chance to do the 4-day cruise yet and I've wondering what was the difference! I've enjoyed your posts -- thanks for sharing!!!! :thumbsup:

angedeaile
09-25-2007, 12:39 PM
After such a wonderful post, it makes me wonder if I should do a 4 day cruise instead of the 3.

Overall, great report. Thank you for posting it. I really enjoyed reading about your trip. :mickey:

thejens
09-25-2007, 09:40 PM
Thank you for sharing. I really enjoyed your report. I am glad you had such a great time!:mickey: