PDA

View Full Version : Review - Crystal Palace Breakfast

tavera
09-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Good buffet - good character interaction - good service - waiting time to be seated was good also.

crltkcagle
09-24-2007, 10:27 AM
i agree 100 percent. crystal palace was the best character dining compared to chef mickey and hollywood vine. the waitress was exceptionally cheery, the kids loved the parade with the flags that seemed to occur every 15 minutes and the characters were spectular. Of course Tigger is always fun to watch but he was in a great mood the day we were there. i plan on doing breakfast at cp every year.

spinnerf
09-24-2007, 11:09 AM
I love the food at crystal palace. Luch is great too. They have had an excellent curry chicken there in years past. It seems that Crystal palace always has something a little different and off the beaten path with its food selection. I appreciate that and my daughter loves the characters. Cant go wrong!

disneydrmr
09-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Although our service at CP was a bit sub par when we visited.. the food and characters more than made up for it... my mouth is still watering at the thought of the Breakfast Lasagna!!!:tasty:

DISNEYFIX
09-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Anyone fess up a review about dinner? Please.
Thanks

Eeyore's My Favorite
09-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the reviews - we have ressies for Wednesday morning breakfast & can't wait. Love CP - have only been there for breakfast or lunch, so no input on dinner buffet.

Mickey here we come..........one more night & we're there!! :thumbsup::mickey:

jillluvsdisney
09-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Cool. We are having breakfast there on our birthdays in November.:party:

LoriMistress
09-24-2007, 09:03 PM
We ate there twice for breakfast in 2003. And we plan to eat there again twice for our upcoming December vacation. The food was great, the character interaction was wonderful, and the CMs that worked there were wonderful.

DarbyB
09-24-2007, 11:48 PM
CP Dinner Buffet/We thougt that it was a very Good buffet - great character interaction - very good service - waiting time to be seated was very good also. will have to say that we loved both buffets.:number1:

Jared
09-25-2007, 12:25 AM
My family does not like table service breakfasts, preferring to use the morning hours to explore the parks.

But if we were to try a character buffet, it would be an early meal at Crystal Palace before Magic Kingdom opened. Glad to hear you had a good experience.

Eeyore's My Favorite
09-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Our breakfast @ CP yesterday was fantastic. Food was great & plentiful. Character interaction was great. Piglet, Eeyore, Pooh & Tigger were very visible and made very good rounds of the restaurant. Took lots of time at each table with the young & old alike. It's always a "must do" for us on visits. :thumbsup::mickey:

IloveDisney71
09-28-2007, 07:46 AM
... my mouth is still watering at the thought of the Breakfast Lasagna!!!:tasty:
Thanks a lot - now my mouth is watering too! I love that b-fast lasagna!
We have had two wonderful experiences there and will be returning there in Dec.

#1donaldfan
09-28-2007, 08:33 AM
Am I the only one going to be negative about CP????? Yes, the wait time was short, that's about the only positive I can come up with.....the food was, at best, ok...the character interaction was horrible......unless you like pooh and the others at almost a full run to make it through the room.....We like / loved the AK breakfastsaurs.....now that was an awesome time....the interaction was great, the food was great, plus we were the first ones on EE that morning....I mean the FIRST ones, first car, absolutley the first....the kids thought that was the best ever......

WTDing
09-28-2007, 12:36 PM
the food was, at best, ok...the character interaction was horrible......unless you like pooh and the others at almost a full run to make it through the room.....

Suprised to hear that someone did not like the food at CP breakfast. Everytime we have been there it has been really good. Sure the standard breakfast items are ok, but the extras like breakfast lasagna and the kids puffed french toast are really good.

What seating did you have? I have never seen the characters run through the room. They have always stopped and spent a good amount of time with us. In fact we usually have to wait for Tigger as he takes so long going through the room.

cal5755
09-28-2007, 01:10 PM
We as a whole family LOVE CP!! It is on our Must Do every vacation. This year we did it twice even. We have never had a problem with interaction...it took a while for pooh to get to us the last time because he was spending lots of times at tables.

pixiegoose
09-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Am I the only one going to be negative about CP????? Yes, the wait time was short, that's about the only positive I can come up with.....the food was, at best, ok...the character interaction was horrible......unless you like pooh and the others at almost a full run to make it through the room.....We like / loved the AK breakfastsaurs.....now that was an awesome time....the interaction was great, the food was great, plus we were the first ones on EE that morning....I mean the FIRST ones, first car, absolutley the first....the kids thought that was the best ever......

I agree with you. DH and I had a bad experience at Crystal Palace for dinner last week. The wait took awhile (granted we did check in about 20 minutes early for our ADR and it was raining out, so people were taking their time leaving), the food was just okay and the character interaction was horrible. They repeatedly skipped our table, even after we spoke to someone about it. We will not be returning. We much preferred Liberty Tree Tavern for character dining- the food was average but the character interaction was fantastic!

kmo84
09-29-2007, 06:35 PM
We ate here twice this year, with 8:15 breakfast seatings each time.

I agree with those that enjoyed the experience. We really enjoyed the food, the Breakfast Lasagana was a big hit at our table.
And all my kids love the characters.

We were able to eat and get out into the park by 9am both times. Just a really good meal!

walstib
09-30-2007, 08:31 AM
the food was just okay and the character interaction was horrible. They repeatedly skipped our table, even after we spoke to someone about it. We will not be returning.

We were there last Sunday and vowed to never return. We were begging random servers for something to drink, because our server was no where to be found. Pooh and Eeyore both went to my nephew for pics, and then left our table without visiting my daughter. When we told the character "friend" , we were told that they would be back around later. So after we finally got our check after 3 requests, we had to complain to the manager to get the characters return to the table to see my little one. Just a horrible experience to see my 2 yr old's face drop when characters just ignore her. I guess Pooh and friends took lessons from our server.

NEVER AGAIN !!!

pixiegoose
09-30-2007, 11:51 AM
We were there last Sunday and vowed to never return. We were begging random servers for something to drink, because our server was no where to be found. Pooh and Eeyore both went to my nephew for pics, and then left our table without visiting my daughter. When we told the character "friend" , we were told that they would be back around later. So after we finally got our check after 3 requests, we had to complain to the manager to get the characters return to the table to see my little one. Just a horrible experience to see my 2 yr old's face drop when characters just ignore her. I guess Pooh and friends took lessons from our server.

NEVER AGAIN !!!

We were there on a Sunday as well (Sept 16), maybe it's the Sunday crew that's an issue? The 2 tables behind us that also kept getting skipped complained and finally the characters were brought over for them. They told the "handlers" that we had been skipped, too, but the "handlers" said the characters had to go back to the main dining room, so everyone else could have their turn. I was LIVID. Eventually Pooh came over (after Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger skipped us) on his knees, begging forgiveness. Someone had obviously told him what was going on. I feel like the biggest issue is that we don't have kids (yet), so the "handlers" seemed to think it didn't really matter if we saw the characters or not. Hello, there's a reason we chose to eat here- the characters. We're definitely not going back. For character meals in the MK, it'll be Liberty Tree Tavern from now on, where we saw each character at least once within 45 minutes, if not twice.

tinksmom02
09-30-2007, 08:54 PM
We were at CP for breakfast last Wednesday and really enjoyed our meal. We waited a while to be seated, but saw Pooh and Tigger almost immediately, and didn't have to wait too long for Eeyore and Piglet at all. We thought the food was very good (wayyyy better than Akershus, where we'd had breakfast the day before, and for a lot less $$$), Jenna enjoyed the parade around the room, our server was very attentive, it was an all-around great experience, and I think we'd definitely go back.