PDA

View Full Version : Old rides on YouTube

kbean
09-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Ok, so I had to see this Pluto incident that happened, so I went to Youtube, and found something even better. Since there has been threads about the old rides and how we miss them, I found old videos on Youtube on the whole rides such as World of Motion, Communicore, and the old C.O.P with the song..."Now is the time." Just thought some would like to know you can somewhat relive the old classics.

jwallace378
09-24-2007, 10:50 AM
I too stumbled onto old WDW videos on YouTube about 2 weeks ago. Pretty need to see old videos from the 70s!

mcjaco
09-24-2007, 12:02 PM
I've got videos on youtube of Horizons, WOM, JII, JIYI, and BTMRR.

There's lots of good stuff on there. Although, I'm surprised that there's a video of COP, as Disney does not allow video of that attraction.

Figgyluv03
09-24-2007, 12:52 PM
I love the videos on YouTube. I've been trying to get DBF excited abou the trip and showing him all the cool rides, but he just kept falling asleep, so of course I got lost on the site and found all my old favorites. I love it!

IloveDisney71
09-24-2007, 01:19 PM
I just discovered the old ride videos recently too. You can find all kinds of Disney related videos on YouTube. It's fun to see everything there.:mickey:

McGoofy
09-24-2007, 01:57 PM
I've got videos on youtube of Horizons, WOM, JII, JIYI, and BTMRR.

There's lots of good stuff on there. Although, I'm surprised that there's a video of COP, as Disney does not allow video of that attraction.

I'm with you on that thought. How in the world do some attractions get taped and then posted on You Tube? There are certain attractions that Disney is very clear that cannot be video recorded. I know at COP, they will call people out that are taping. Also, at Nemo the musical, CM's sit around the aisles during the show and shine their flashlights on people that they see recording and then tell them to stop! However, you still seem to find this stuff on You Tube. I'm surprised the Disney "video police" don't come along and have things removed off of You Tube.:cop:

As for the stuff that is "legally" put on You Tube, I love watching the old rides. I have found a lot of cool Disney things when I have ran searches on You Tube.

P.S. Does the 1971 Disney promo commercial freak anyone else out because of the odd looking characters? The 3 little pigs have HUGE heads as do several other charcters. I'm glad that the characters have a different look now!

caryrae
09-24-2007, 02:15 PM
There are a couple video's of Intercot pins including the new one for the 10th anniversary party. I think you just type in intercot to see them. There is even a cool light up lanyard and pass holder.

krorx
09-24-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm going on there today to check out Horizons. Boy, I miss that ride. Thanks!:D

Goofy Pluto
09-24-2007, 04:47 PM
What's the Pluto video?

tomorrowschild
09-24-2007, 05:39 PM
I love watching the old rides on youtube. My fav is Kitchen Kaberet. I loved this show when I was little.

LoriMistress
09-24-2007, 06:01 PM
YouTube is my playground, and I always use that site to check out any current and older Disney parks from commericals, to special events, etc.

jennsky
09-24-2007, 06:39 PM
You're making me laugh! I'm the one who posted the video of World of Motion. I can not believe HOW MANY PEOPLE have viewed it in less than a year....almost 40,000!!! Pretty crazy! :mickey:

kbean
09-24-2007, 07:51 PM
The pluto video is a clip that wascaught at disney of pluto chasing a kid and a mom trying to stop him making the guy fall down.

battlefield2freak
09-24-2007, 09:25 PM
i stumbled upon a video that showed the parts of the dismantled wand from SSE, and a tour of the abandoned pop centry buildings - pretty surprising how bad of a shape they are in right now

DisneyDudet
09-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Haha..

I've seen a lot of videos mentioned, even the WoM video! I found Captain EO and a WHOLE bunch of others!

I haven't seen the Pluto one...

gtpooh
09-24-2007, 10:37 PM
I too was so excited to see Horizons when I first stumbled upon You Tube Disney videos. My DH loves the old video they played before the Living Seas attraction, so I was psyched to find it and share it with him as well! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

mttafire
09-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Yeah, I loved Horizons...Of all the extinct rides, Thats THE one i miss the most. I watched it a while ago on Youtube. At least there is video of it!!:mickey:

McGoofy
09-25-2007, 07:37 PM
The pluto video is a clip that wascaught at disney of pluto chasing a kid and a mom trying to stop him making the guy fall down.

You guys made me curious, so I had to check out the Pluto video. I didn't see any videos that showed why Pluto started chasing the kid like that. Most of the titles called the kid a "brat kid," so I am assuming he must have done something to instigate the chase. Does anybody know the story behind the chase scene?

TammiMcMan
09-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Does anybody know the story behind the chase scene?There was a thread in the News/Rumours forum, which has been removed due to the lack of factual reporting. I'm sure if you search the net, you'll find plenty of assumptions, but it looks like it's nothing that should be discussed here.

Thanks.

McGoofy
09-26-2007, 09:13 AM
There was a thread in the News/Rumours forum, which has been removed due to the lack of factual reporting. I'm sure if you search the net, you'll find plenty of assumptions, but it looks like it's nothing that should be discussed here.

Thanks.

:sorry: I didn't know that.

NJDad
09-27-2007, 07:17 AM
I have video of CofP, didn't know you weren't allowed to tape it. Thought it was like the other shows that were OK to tape without a light. (I'm usually a very good rule follower-not one of those 'rules don't apply to ME' folks).

I also put on some home movies one of our trips on youtube-it's titled "Disney World-1974".

Mostly of interest for glimpses of Tomorrowland under construction taken from the Skyride...

Imagineer1981
09-27-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm with you on that thought. How in the world do some attractions get taped and then posted on You Tube? There are certain attractions that Disney is very clear that cannot be video recorded. I know at COP, they will call people out that are taping. Also, at Nemo the musical, CM's sit around the aisles during the show and shine their flashlights on people that they see recording and then tell them to stop! However, you still seem to find this stuff on You Tube. I'm surprised the Disney "video police" don't come along and have things removed off of You Tube!

I remember working COP, and in all honesty, the CMs really don't care there, its such a boring position that half the time the CMs don't pay attention

LibertyTreeGal
09-28-2007, 09:22 AM
I was recently watching the original Golden Horseshoe Review from DL -- I think the movie was shot back in the early 60's. Priceless.

They also have all those old Disney commericals.

mcjaco
09-28-2007, 02:49 PM
You're making me laugh! I'm the one who posted the video of World of Motion. I can not believe HOW MANY PEOPLE have viewed it in less than a year....almost 40,000!!! Pretty crazy! :mickey:

Who's video of WOM did you post? Your own, or someone elses?

I finally posted mine there, as people we posting them all over the web, even though I specifically asked that they not be posted elsewhere without my permission. I had originally posted them in Member Only Forum. So glad people listen these days....

Dixie Springs
09-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Yes, I agree - YouTube is a great source. After everyone looks at Pluto chasing the kid and Tigger vs. the troubled teen, there are some great videos for us fans. For example, there's a great YouTube of Delta Dreamflight - one of my fav's (probably because DD liked it so much).

Since Disney's own park video offerings are sub-par in content, YouTube is the place (just like Limewire, Napster, etc. were sources of great ride audios that Disney would not put on CD). Believe me, I would buy it if Disney made it available.