PDA

View Full Version : Single-rider lines at Disney-MGM Studios for R&R & ToT

deva
09-24-2007, 08:02 AM
I will be at the World on a night when Disney Studios has an evening EMH (10/28).

I have been advised that the evening EMH gets crowded & should be avoided. I read that the lines for Rock n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror get pretty long on these evenings.

I am considering going by myself for a few hours. That being said, I'm wondering about the single-rider lines for R&R & ToT.

Has anyone used the single-rider lines for these rides? If so, can you describe your experience? -How long did you wait?
-Do you skip the Aerosmith film ("you're 'asposta' be at a concert") for R&R?
-Where does the line start for each?
-Any other tidbits of info?

Please advise.

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Sadly, there is no single riders line for R&RC or for ToT... your best bet would be fast passes for these rides... (Unless things have changed drastically in the past 4 months??)
The only single riders lines that I know of are for Test Track, and Expedition Everest...
I have never had problems with really long lines during EMH in any park... but I usually go during the very slow seasons...

Lynn J Mc
09-24-2007, 08:27 AM
There was a single rider line for R&R in May. used it and got on the ride in about 15minutes. The regular line was 45 minutes. I still went through the pre-show.

sgdisney
09-24-2007, 09:18 AM
They have changed the lines for RnR to include the Single Rider line. It is clearly marked at the entrance, if my memory is working correctly, I think it was right next to the FP entrance. We used it a couple of times and got through pretty fast. They put the singles in a line that feeds into a separate section of the preshow and then feeds into its own line once you get into the alley.

LoriMistress
09-24-2007, 06:17 PM
I believe it was recently (before the summer) that Disney changed RnRc to have no single rider line.

Disneypixie513
09-25-2007, 02:56 PM
We went in late august and the single rider line was open. It was so nice. I'm the only one in my family who rides it(my dad's head get's too rattled,my mom doesn't like fast take-off's and my sister doesnt like coasters) I timed it once..the regular line was like 45 minutes..i was on the ride in 12. The entrance is right by the FP line. It takes you right to the pre-show and the only draw-back is you can't request the front row for example..you get stuck anywhere. But i loved it..saves sooo much time!

karenrarintogo
09-25-2007, 09:58 PM
We ALWAYS use the Single Rider line at Test Track in Epcot now. It has been a great time saver--the waits have been 5 minutes or less; we've even no wait at all while the regular line is at least a 50 min. wait. With how often this ride breaks down, who wants to risk standing in line for any length of time, anyway?
My DH gets typically gets on the car just behind me, so we enjoy and exit at nearly the same time. :mickey::thumbsup: