PDA

View Full Version : Few DCL questions (cheap deals, transportation)

DisneyAndRedSox
09-24-2007, 07:03 AM
We are going in Cancun in late Oct, NOBODY is excited to go so I am researching last minute 3 or 4-night Disney cruises instead. I need this to be cheap to convince DH!

Has anyone ever seen last minute deals that are really cheap or am I just dreaming?

If you book sea only, is there transportation to the ship from Orlando (WDW or airport) and how much is it?

RobWreck
09-24-2007, 11:10 AM
No clue about cheap cruise deals, but I do know that you can book transportation from either the airport or WDW to the port for about $60 a person, each way. Depending on your group, it may be cheaper to rent a car, but it is kinda nice to just sit back in the tour coach, watch the 'Welcome to DCL' video and leave the driving to someone else. It's a vacation after all, isn't it? ;)
Rob

sainter
09-26-2007, 02:27 AM
I was just on the official Disney website and there were deals advertised for Oct.Don't have any idea how available various staterooms would be. How about checking with Magical Journeys?

TammiMcMan
09-26-2007, 08:09 AM
You didn't say what the makeup of your family was, but right now, Disney cruise has "magical" rates for selected fall dates.

4 night cruise (2 adults - 2 children)
Oct. 14 Category 12 $2350
Oct. 28 Category 10 $2730

Roundtrip transfers to the Orlando airport are $69 per person and included in the quote above.

Unless you're a Florida resident, you probably aren't going to get a Disney cruise for much less than what's currently being quoted. I'm not sure what the cutoff is for the cruise manifest to be submitted to customs, so you may not want to wait much longer before deciding.