PDA

View Full Version : Epcot entrance

lasttuesday
09-24-2007, 02:53 AM
I do NOT want to start another "Leave a Legacy: Monoliths/Tombstones- love 'em, hate 'em" debate on here, but had a quick question about the evolution of Epcot's entrance area. Did the original gardens and palm trees with the transparent sculpture stick around unti immediately before the Leave a Legacy tiles, or was there an intermediate phase? Does anyone know what the transition period was like (crazy construction,etc)? With the rumored moving of LAL, I was thinking about what the new look might be like. Would it be a return to the original design, possibly in an updated version, or something completely new? Any ideas?

mcjaco
09-24-2007, 12:09 PM
I don't recall a transitional period. They went from beautiful gardens and trees, right to the monoliths.

lindique
09-24-2007, 05:39 PM
I remember a few things - but I'm not sure if my memories are accurate. Please chime in if you can.

I remember a hard freeze one winter and a lot of the beautiful palm trees and other tropical plants were killed. Things were never the same after that. And I also seem to remember more concrete and less greenery coinciding with the change from Communicore to Innovations.

The entrance way used to be beautiful - here's hoping they can restore the area.