PDA

View Full Version : DDP v.s. DDE

Tink&Goofy
09-23-2007, 11:23 PM
For our trip next March, we were originally planning to do the DDP. We used this a year ago, and liked the convenience. It was more food than we needed, and I don't know if we really saved much, but it was nice to not worry about the costs. With the changes to the DDP for next year, we are trying to decide if its really worth it financially. Granted it would be the most convenient, but may actually cost us more.
What about the DDE? Is it worth it? We will probably be there between 8-10 days, and likely eat TS for dinner each night. Does DDE only apply to TS? What all does it include?

Any of you that have compared the two, what did you decide?

Natazu
09-24-2007, 12:08 AM
We've looked at (and tried) dining with both. The pre-2008 DDP was a pretty good deal. Starting in January, the basic dining plan kind of... well, stinks. The DDE card is still a great deal. It works at most of the TS restaurants plus a few places that offer only CS. Here's some info on the card: Click Me! (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp)

mrsgaribaldi
09-24-2007, 05:46 AM
We have the DDE card. It's good for a discount on alcohol too. The dining plan is just to much food for us:mickey:

mermaidmarian
09-24-2007, 06:34 AM
We have been DDE members for the past 4 years and find it works really well for our family (between 3-6 travelers per trip) and the way in which we like to vacation at WDW, when compared to the DDP. I think we save an appreciable amount of money and I have a much better sense of how much I am spending and on what.

You cannot use it for CS in the parks.

Important detail about DDE though, unless the rules have changed, you must be either a Passholder or Florida resident to join.

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Is the DDE card good for just one year? Do you have to have a currently "valid" AP to order it, and where/how do you get one???

KylesMom
09-24-2007, 09:14 AM
We have also been DDE members for several years, and it has saved us an appreciable sum each trip. We appreciate the fact that we receive 20% off the total bill, which includes adult beverages.

Unlike the A/P, it is good one year from the time you order it - usually if you order it after the second Monday of the month, it will be good for one year plus the next month. So if I ordered it on September 10 of 2007, it would be good through the last day of October, 2008.

We have always been able to order the DDE card with an A/P voucher. You can either retrieve an application from the A/P website and fax to them, or you can call 407 566-5858 Monday through Friday.

The card is good for participating TS locations, as well as resorts which do not have TS dining (Value & some Moderate Resort Food Courts). Until TS dining opens up at AK, we have also been able to use the card at Pizzafari. Note that the discount cannot be combined with packages (Fantasmic/CP) and there are blackout dates for Holidays.

It is well worth the $65 we pay as A/P Holders! :beer: