PDA

View Full Version : Picking up groceries and DME?

tovin
09-23-2007, 08:13 PM
So, for those of you that need to pick up a disposable cooler and some groceries for your stay at Disney -

Do you end up taking DME to the resort and getting a cab to the store?

Do you rent a car from MCO to the resorts and take DME back?

Do you take a towncar (there will only be two of us) and then take DME back to MCO?

What is our best option? Picking up groceries is a necessity, but we'd like the cheapest (followed by easiest) way to accomplish both getting groceries and getting to the resort.

T

dolphinmickey9170
09-23-2007, 08:48 PM
I would take a taxi to the Crossroads store near downtown or maybe the super walmart. It's only like 12-15 dollars for the cab.

cperry92380
09-23-2007, 10:51 PM
I would take a taxi to the Crossroads store near downtown or maybe the super walmart. It's only like 12-15 dollars for the cab.

$12-15 one way?

cal5755
09-23-2007, 11:03 PM
I dont remember the cab fare... this year we did not go but we did go last time and took a cab for groceries and found it quick and easy.

CleveRocks
09-24-2007, 07:39 AM
There are 3 local services you can use. Gooding's is a local supermarket that has a delivery option. Garden Grocer and WeGoShop are local franchises of stand-alone grocery delivery services -- they shop at a variety of stores.

Gooding's has a $50 minimum and a $20 fee. Garden Grocer has a $40 minimum and a$12 fee. I'm not sure about WeGoShop.

It's cheaper than a taxi, and you don't have to waste any time shopping in a strange store or getting there and back.

Gooding's delivers directly to your resort's Bell Services, so you don't even need to wait around for your delivery!!! And Bell Services even keeps the cold stuff cold for you.

Done it twice, loved it twice. SO CONVENIENT!!!

tovin
09-24-2007, 10:59 AM
Cleverocks, that's incredible information! I was not aware of such services!

We'll definitely plan to use one of these!

Thanks!!

T

CleveRocks
09-24-2007, 05:13 PM
Cleverocks, that's incredible information! I was not aware of such services!

We'll definitely plan to use one of these!

Thanks!!:rocks:

martinfamily5
09-25-2007, 10:27 AM
This year we are using Garden Grocer to deliver groceries for the 1st time. We usually do a grocery stop with Florida Town Car, but we are arriving so late (12:10 a.m.) that I hated to have to then go grocery shopping. When I heard, on Intercot:thumbsup:, about grocery delivery I was very interested. Can't wait to see how well it works.