PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU recommend?

jedigrrrl
09-23-2007, 05:56 PM
I have eaten at:

50's Prime Time Cafe
Boma
Bongo's Cuban Café
Brown Derby
Cape May
Chef Mickey's
Chefs De France
Cinderella's Royal Table
ESPN Club
Fulton’s Crab House
Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
Jiko
Le Cellier
Ohana
Rainforest Café
San Angel Inn
Sci Fi Dine In Theater
Tempura Kiku
Trail's End
Victoria & Albert's
Whispering Canyon Café
Wolf Gang Puck Café

I need you all to tell me where I HAVE TO eat on my next trip and what you ate there that was soooooo good. I don't care about atmosphere, I want yummy food! Table Service only, please!
We're 2 adults, no kids, by the way.

Thanks!!!:mickey:

P.S. Liberty Tree Tavern does not interest me in the least. Not my cup of tea.

ibrowse17
09-23-2007, 06:04 PM
I would have to suggest either Artist's Point at the WL, or Narcoossee's at GF. Both are great for couples. I had buffalo at Artist's Point that was just wonderful. The filet and lobster at Narc's was also very good:thumbsup:

eam
09-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Kona for Tonga Toast and Citrico's for Lemon Cheesecake. Both scrumptious. Only 7 more weeks until I get to have them again.
Bon appetit for wherever you go!

karenrarintogo
09-23-2007, 06:08 PM
LeCellier is at the top of my list.
We tried Biergarten on our very recent trip and really liked the food. It's known for its atmosphere, I know, but we really enjoyed the food, as well. :mickey:

Natazu
09-23-2007, 06:30 PM
Jym's Top-7 Best WDW Restaurants with Great Food for Adults-only Parties:
7. Wolfgang Puck Café
6. Le Cellier
5. Kona Café
4. Marrakesh
3. Narcoossee’s (2)
2. California Grill (2)
1. Victoria and Albert's (not on DDP)

Mary Poppins fan
09-23-2007, 07:00 PM
DH (and kids) love the Kona Cafe! :lei:

jillluvsdisney
09-23-2007, 07:10 PM
You didn't list Artist Point at WL. I think that would be a good choice.

I love Boma, Le Cellier, Kona Cafe.

Stay away from Cinderella's at all costs. It's a huge rip off designed to **** money from guilty parents who have to take their own "princesses" there. The food is not good. It's not even cooked there. It's pre plated somewhere else and warmed up. YUCK!!

The Sci-Fi Diner is pretty horrendous also. You'd get a better burger at a Red Robin.

tundramom
09-23-2007, 07:11 PM
I second the vote for Marrakesh. We loved the Jasmina salad, Chicken kabobs, and Marrakesh Delight (did not care for the bastille). Very interesting flavor blends and a great atmosphere.:thumbsup:

Mousefever
09-23-2007, 07:19 PM
We loved our meals at Marrakesh last January! I especially enjoyed the shrimp on my seafood platter. Very, very yummy! I enjoyed the bastilla, both beef and seafood. It's an interesting combination of flavors.

:dory:

SBETigg
09-23-2007, 08:01 PM
California Grill, Narcoossee's, and Grand Floridian Cafe remain at the top of my list for good food and service. Raglan Road is a great choice, too, for good food and service plus live music afterwards.

Hammer
09-23-2007, 08:01 PM
My suggestions of new restaurants to try:

California Grill
Artist Point
Bistro de Paris
Grand Floridian Cafe (hidden gem)

Kairi_7378
09-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Another vote for CA Grill. I'm trying Artist's Point in a few days and will be able to give an opinion on that soon.

jsw123
09-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Another vote for Marrakesh! I had the chicken kabob and my husband had a beef or lamb :cloud9: dish. Didn't matter what he ate, though---he loved the belly dancer -- and she was beautiful.

Me, the bread served with some sort of chili-paste-and-idunno-what made the meal! It was delicious!

A beautiful restaurant and food you can't find everywhere. Plus, some of the nicest servers you'll meet! Enjoy!

crltkcagle
09-23-2007, 11:22 PM
Ohana
Ohana
Ohana
did I mention Ohana, yes i absolutely loved the food there! I did mostly character meals this last trip. But my parents did Chef de France and Mama Melrose and said it was good. Of course it didn't measure up to Ohana's but hey what does. LOL

jedigrrrl
09-24-2007, 07:10 AM
THANKS!! Keep em coming! :mickey:

jwallace378
09-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Yachtsmans Steakhouse @Y&BC:thumbsup:

ncrohrs
09-24-2007, 02:57 PM
Flying Fish Cafe.

We ate there in '99. We both had fish and my DH and I split a delicious banana dessert.

DH said it was the best meal he has ever had anywhere. I think I agree, but I also loved Fulton's Crab House.

When we went to Flying Fish it was pre-kids, good atmosphere for just adults.

:)

RALPH
09-25-2007, 06:48 AM
Yachtsman Steakhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:: thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:: thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

We have eaten there at least 15 times. We plan 2 ADR's every trip. They have removed some of my favorite appetizers (tomato and buffalo mozzeralla salad and oysters rockefeller) but the scallops are good.

I enjoy the steaks and the roasted garlic spread is soooo good.

PM me and I will give you server names to make it really special.

Epc0tphr34k
09-25-2007, 07:52 AM
yachtsman's steak house and marakesh. I took Jym's advise on my lst trip and marakesh is just incredible.

disneyjo-91
09-25-2007, 09:00 AM
Kona at the Poly! YUM! we eat there evertime we go... :cloud9:

Edenza
09-25-2007, 11:34 PM
yachtsman's steak house and marakesh. I took Jym's advise on my lst trip and marakesh is just incredible.

This.

Jared
09-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Try Kona Cafe! It's one of my absolute favorite restaurants!

:tasty:

MOJoe
09-26-2007, 02:16 PM
I have not seen any recomendation for Todd English's Blue Zoo at the Dolphin. Last June, my wife and i left the kids in the room while we had a fantastic seafood meal there. It is very adult oriented, with an excellent drink menu, very attentive service, and some of the best seafood dishes i have ever had.
On that same trip, we had dinner at Fultons. We thought it was good, but we thought Blue Zoo was great. If you like fish you will not be disappointed.

k_reile
10-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Yachtmans steakhouse and The Blue River Grill and Brewery on the boardwalk...the best cheesecake we have ever had...my husband was drooling over it. THe food was good also as was the beer.