PDA

View Full Version : Cruising in Jan.....

AbeeNormal
09-23-2007, 04:17 PM
Hey there everyone,

Can anyone tell me what we can expect in the way of weather our dates are 1/3/08 - 1/10/08
3 days at WDW & four on the Wonder ship - We would really appreciate info on this subject good and bad if you wouldn't mind.

Thanks so much, :minnie:

TammiMcMan
09-23-2007, 06:25 PM
We did a 4 night cruise in early January and we really lucked out with the weather. It was absolutely beautiful and fairly warm. In Orlando, you can still experience cold fronts and it's not unusual to wake up to freezing temps and as the day wears on, the sun warms up and you can shed some layers. You really do need to be prepared for anything. Once you start cruising into the Caribbean though, temps should remain between the mid-60's and 70's. I did notice that the water was much cooler on Castaway Cay than our May cruise, but it was still okay for swimming. We probably left the beach a little bit earlier though, as it did start getting cool as the sun went down. On the plus side, January is a month that has historically low rainfall. Other than one little black cloud that dripped rain for all of 5 minutes, we had nothing but sun.

Tavel
09-23-2007, 10:03 PM
We cruised at the end of Jan. and it was in the mid 70s during the day but certainly cooler at night. I was cold without a sweater in the evenings, due to the air temps, wind and the AC. Nassau day was really windy and cool. The water at CC was cool, but I went snorkling anyway (I didn't buy a new swimsuit for nothing!!!). The boys were fine playing in the water's edge as it was really sunny that day.

I don't know why I expected it to be so much warmer (I live in Florida after all!!!) but I was a bit disappointed. If you are from a cold weather state, you'll be happy though.

AbeeNormal
09-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks to you both. I know we will have fun no matter what I was just hoping for some insight we really appreciate your kind feedback :wave: