PDA

View Full Version : Journey Into Your Imagination 3.0???

sportsguy2315
09-23-2007, 12:29 PM
I was talking with a fellow Disney fan, and he brought up the fact that a possible refurb of JIYI would be coming next year and the result would reunite Dreamfinder and Figment. I'm usually pretty on top of my Disney news and rumors, but this one, if it's true, would be awesome! :) Anything substancial to this?

DisneyFanaticDargon
09-23-2007, 01:09 PM
I too have heard this but am not any more positive about the credibility of it than you are. Anyone else able to shed some light on this?

Strmchsr
09-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Yes, right now there are some fairly substantial rumors to this, but nothing official.

jakeofwildwood
09-24-2007, 07:52 AM
That Hill Fella recently wrote that there would be a rehab next year. In addition there were some big names in the running for Dreamfinder, Jack Black, Steve Martin and can't remember the third right now. Of course, since it was Hill that reported who knows what will really happen.

GothMickey
09-24-2007, 08:49 AM
I have heard this too. In fact, I have heard this from a very credible source. He also told me an announcement will be coming on October 1. But I highly doubt it. If this were the case, wouldn't we be hearing a lot more rumblings about it? I hope a new Imagination is coming sooner rather than later.

Roger's #1 Fan
09-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Some of the rumors I have read about also include reopening of the 2nd floor "rainbow" section of the attraction for a meet-n-greet and a new 4-D movie to replace HISTA.

Here's hopin' :fingers:

Strmchsr
09-24-2007, 09:30 AM
I have heard this too. In fact, I have heard this from a very credible source. He also told me an announcement will be coming on October 1. But I highly doubt it. If this were the case, wouldn't we be hearing a lot more rumblings about it? I hope a new Imagination is coming sooner rather than later.

No, there really wouldn't be more rumblings about it. Disney stays very tight-lipped about things until they are ready to release it. That's why you get 5 billion different rumors. Somehow it gets out that WDI is considering doing a refurb and the Internet sites all take that little bit of information and run with it until you have an out of control rumor train.

As for the October 1 date - the last couple of years Disney has made some big announcements around that time, so that sounds about right, but, again, there's nothing official out there. No press conference is scheduled yet. Just keep your fingers crossed that we get back the JIYI that we all love!

As for credible sources, unless the person is in WDI and working directly on the project they are probably in the dark as much as you or I. That's why I say I pretty much ignore all rumors until Disney makes them official or unless I've heard it directly from a friend in WDI who's working on that specific project. CM's have been known to start some of the biggest rumors and they often don't know any more than the average joe on the street about these big projects.

delusionalstitch
09-24-2007, 02:37 PM
The rumor of dream finders return as been around for quite sometime now. I hope they announce his return at the rededication ceremony but I wont hold my breath. The old ride was one of my favorites. Also they need to need to get rid of the creepy moon at the end

Ian
09-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Bear in mind that October 1st, 2007 is the 25th anniversary for Epcot. It would make complete sense for a big announcement on that date.

WEDTOPIA
09-24-2007, 09:40 PM
If ever there is such a thing as a foregone conclusion , re-doing JII is it. The only re-done attraction that has generated worse reviews is Stitch.

Bear in mind that when Disney does make the announcement ,be prepared for a total pavilion makeover. The Imagination Institute theme has run it's course after 2 failed tries . HISTA has been around longer than any other movie attraction in WDW , with the exception of Muppetvision 3D. And I've never seen one comment that hails the new Image Works as being an improvement over the original.

The most embarrassing thing in the world to happen to a company like Disney , would be creating another un-imaginative Imagination pavilion. Think about it. This is the company that virtually invented imagination. Then they built a whole pavilion devoted to that subject . They did a heckuva job , but then decided to tinker with it. What should have been an even more imaginative attraction in the hands of the Imagineers , became an uninspired bore.

There is only one way to go with this if you're Disney. Make this the next Epcot priority ( along with replacing WoL ). Prove that you are capable of wowing us with a truly inspired Imagination pavilion. Make all of us puzzled guests forget JII 2 and JII 3 , and captivate us with a real winner.

:mickey:

DisneyDudet
09-24-2007, 09:51 PM
OK, this rumor has been thrown around for years, with even more wishful thinking.

As I, too, want the original back, I started thinking...

Can you imagine the crowds at Epcot the day they reopen the pavilion, if they do replace it with the original? Oh, it would be a ZOO!

kristnjohn
09-25-2007, 11:32 PM
I think it would be great to have a new Imaginations building, and the sooner the better!!....but with October 1st right around the corner in a few days, wouldn't there be word of some sort of announcement due out then? It seems that we always know the dates of when they are expected to make an announcement, although we don't always know what the announcement will be.

Polynesian Dweller
09-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Would be very happy if its true and agree that if there is a foregone conclusion of an attraction that will be rehabed its this one. Lots of wishful thinking ot be sure but it will come true at some point.

As much as I enjoyed the original, I would like to see a new attraction. Technological advances mean that there are even more possibilities for true imagination than were available then. Figment and Dreamfinder could be placed in lots of interesting scenes. The key is for Imagineers to actually be imaginative. Something you expect from this company and got the opposite in the last 2 rehabs.

Figment78
09-26-2007, 01:50 PM
As long as we get a little bit of the "just one spark" song in there - I'm all for a rehab! I too miss the original. It was my very favorite attraction when I first visited WDW in the early 90's!

Evan52
09-26-2007, 02:55 PM
I thought I'd try and bring together all of the proposed rumors regarding this attraction.

First was the resurrection of The Dreamfinder. This was going to happen for a while but unfortunately Nemo/The Seas ended up going over budget so it had to be cut back. Some of the finances were then used on the Mexico ride.

Then we heard that "Honey I Shrunk The Audience" would be changed to a Figment/Dreamfinder film and the theater would unload into Image Works. The reason for this was a survey showed that most guests who visit this area only go on one of the rides, either Honey I Shrunk... Or Imagination but usually not both.

Currently there hasn't been that much information. I can say that the project will eventually happen because Disney is well aware of the current ride underperforming. I remember hearing that even the Swiss Family Treehouse gets more hourly guests then the current Imagination. Disney is also well aware of guests displeasure with the current attraction.

Also, if the ride is redone yet again it won't be to bring back the old original ride. Yes, the Dreamfinder will be back but it will be in new scenes with Figment.

Obviously you can take all of this with a grain of salt until it actually happens, just wanted to let you know that it will eventually happen, just have no idea when.

Oh and the Figment statue that use to be on the opposite side of "Honey I Shrunk.." is supposed to be coming back! There are currently construction walls surrounding it.

Ian
09-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Can you imagine the crowds at Epcot the day they reopen the pavilion, if they do replace it with the original? Oh, it would be a ZOO!I know I'd be there! :number1:

tomorrowschild
09-26-2007, 04:28 PM
It would be awsome to have the old Figment back. I loved the original, and have a lot of fond memories of meeting Dreamfinder and Figment outside by the fountains.
But, saying the above, I would like for my DH to have the opprotunity to see the new ride. His first trip to the World will be in March. He loves Eric Idel (Monty Python, and all) and was really looking forward to seeing this attraction with him in it.
I agree that HISTA needs to be redone.

battlefield2freak
09-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Can you imagine the crowds at Epcot the day they reopen the pavilion, if they do replace it with the original? Oh, it would be a ZOO!

ok every time ive been ive never rode JII simply because i never knew it existed until i got back from my last trip and read the map. in my opinion the entire pavilion was boring and nothing is there to draw you into it except HISTA wwhich is boring and has lost its appeal to the older guests. the fact it would be a zoo would be a good thing on disneys part.

magicman
09-27-2007, 01:54 PM
I sincerely hope they make an improvement to the extremely weak version that is currently in place. Whether it be to go retro with the original version, or whether it be to Imagineer something new that includes a bit of the former magic is o.k. with me.

The original has such a special place for me as back in 1983 when I rode it I was 17 years old and was at the apex of my "coolness". The ride actually helped me to be a kid again & enjoy WDW as a child. I ended up waving to characters and loving my first trip which I had originally thought was going to be so totally uncool.

My thoughts...

mcjaco
09-28-2007, 02:56 PM
HISTA has been around longer than any other movie attraction in WDW , with the exception of Muppetvision 3D.
:mickey:

I think you need to group the Norway, China , and the France Circlevision films into that too. Those have been there longer. Only Canada's has been updated. And that took 25 years! At least Imagination has had Magic Journeys and Captain EO in that same time period.

DisneyFanaticDargon
09-28-2007, 04:44 PM
I think you need to group the Norway, China , and the France Circlevision films into that too. Those have been there longer. Only Canada's has been updated. And that took 25 years! At least Imagination has had Magic Journeys and Captain EO in that same time period.

On the contrary. Norway doesn't have a Circlevision film, and neither does France. Norway's film is like a 5 minute travelogue on Norway following the Maelstrom ride. France's film, Impressions de France, is displayed on 5 screens, and much of imagery in it is timeless and therefore doesn't need to be updated. China has, in fact, had an update to their Circlevision film. Up until 2003 the theater played the film Wonders of China. Since then they have been playing the film Reflections of China which is very different from the original and includes areas not seen in the original film like Tiananmen Square.

mcjaco
10-05-2007, 01:32 PM
^ I stand corrected. :blush:

I forgot about the China update. I'd still group Norway and France in there, as those films need updating too. Imagination has at least had multiple films over the past 25 years.

Meteora
10-10-2007, 01:55 PM
I, too, hope that a new "return to the original" ride happens soon. The ride there currently simply isn't up to those standards, and I think the crowds reflect that. Hopefully some of the higher-ups have noticed that. While having a new ride is great for filling up the ride for a couple of years, it only stays filled if the ride is a truly good one. I loved the original Imagination but feel no need to do the new one on my trips. Once was enough, and given how much business Disney does with repeat visitors, "once is enough" is not a good thing for any ride.