PDA

View Full Version : Completely unused tickets

ElKabong
09-23-2007, 12:25 PM
The four of us and my in-laws and my nieces were supposed to go to Disney for six days in late November. So I purchased the requisite six-day park-hopper tickets from Disney just before the recent price increase.

Now as it turns out my nieces cannot go, so I have two six-day park-hopper tickets that will go unused.

Do I have any recourse here? Can I return the unused tickets? If not, what avenues are available to sell them? I'm not looking to make money on the deal, I just want to see if I can get money back for the tix I won't be using.

faline
09-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

Tickets purchased from Disney are not refundable nor are they transferable which means they should not be resold. You could give them to someone else as a gift or you could save them for a future trip. As long as they are unused, they will not expire.

Wayne
09-23-2007, 01:32 PM
You're stuck with the tickets. Even if you haven't paid for the non-expiring feature, the countdown window on the tickets don't kick in until the date of first use for that ticket. I would just save them for a later trip.

pixiebeliever
09-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Do they have then no expiration option on them. If they do or even if they don't, then I would say just to keep them for any future trips.

I don't believe tickets are transferable. Maybe you can find someone others to come on vacation with you also.

Good luck.

vamaggie
09-23-2007, 01:41 PM
While you can't sell the tickets, you can save them and use them for your next trip (and use the cost savings for having bought them before any more increases!)

thrillme
09-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Curious. If the tickets are UNUSED...why couldn't you sell them to anybody? If they were bought for somebody who never went it seems like they should be fine to sell to someone else.:confused: I guess the question would be is were they part of a "package" or did you buy them from another source such as a military base?

faline
09-24-2007, 06:00 AM
Disney's terms of sale state they are non-transferable which means they are not eligible for resale to a third party.

thrillme
09-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Disney's terms of sale state they are non-transferable which means they are not eligible for resale to a third party.

I agree that's very true but...I guess I understand that would be more the case let's say I bought 4 tickets through a local military base...

2 of the 4 got used...in other words the 2 are now tied to a person. Whether they expire or not...they're still tied to those two people because they ran them through the machine. Now they've become non-transferable because they have an owner.

The other two tickets never got a person tied to them. It seems as though they should be free and clear for anybody to take them.

Now the sticky thing could be if the tickets were part of a package...that seems like it could open up a whole new story. I'm unclear how that would work. I'm not sure if one person using the party's ticket would be enough to turn them all on or if each would turn on only when they are used the first time. This I do not know.

Beast_fanatic
09-24-2007, 10:14 PM
It does not matter the circumstances. Disney has made it clear that tickets are not to be resold (except by authorized dealers). The tickets can be gifted to someone else, or they can be used for a future trip.