PDA

View Full Version : Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness

traceyo1
09-23-2007, 09:22 AM
We are going to WDW the 2nd week of December with 4 families. Right now we are all staying at WL. However, one of the families is having problems getting the money together. I was looking at prices on line and if they bring one more person with them (his mother who was thinking of going anyway), the cost for 5 with the dining plan is only $500 more to stay at FW than the cost for 4 with the dining plan at WL. By having another person chip in the cost, they would be able to cover the cost easier. My question is How accessible are the two resorts to each other? If we want to meet at WL every morning before we head out, will they be able to get to us easily? How much extra time will they need in the morning to do it? I know there is a walkway and a ferry. What about a bus or renting bikes for a week? Is there a place at WL to park the bikes while we are gone all day? Any info/opinions you can give will help. Thanks.

Goofeygal
09-23-2007, 11:35 AM
The busses do go to Wilderness lodge. You can also take the trail or ferry. They do also rent bikes. We adore ft wilderness. It is easily accesable to WL.

ibrowse17
09-23-2007, 11:57 AM
FW is a great resort, and your friends will really enjoy staying there. Travel between FW and WL is easy, and you can use either boats, buses or a walking trail. I would take the boats or buses, as the trail is about a mile long. The trail is also not lit for night travel, so I would shy away from bikes as well. You and your friends should have no problems staying in close contact while staying at these two resorts:thumbsup: