PDA

View Full Version : anyone else recieve a dream?

crltkcagle
09-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Did anyone else get a dream during thier last visit. we were there last week and got a fast pass for pretty much everything in MGM. We were getting ready to get on the great movie ride and a CM came out and said it's the year of a million dreams and we were all going to recieve a fast pass for the day. I was so excited I actually screamed like I won the lottery. LOL We also got asked to ride in a parade but due to dinner reservations we had to decline. I tried to argue with my parents (who were with us) but they refused to cancel dinner. oh well maybe next time.

caryrae
09-22-2007, 11:03 PM
Did ya here about Intercotee who won the night stay in the castle?

Here is a link to thread about the Intercotee that won the castle stay http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103341&highlight=stay+castle

kakn7294
09-22-2007, 11:10 PM
We won Dream lanyards and pins - no, not the night in the castle but still good! We were in line to see Minnie at Camp Minnie-Mickey in AK and the Dream Squad was giving the lanyards to all who saw Minnie as they exited the line. I was so happy to win that I very nearly cried - I know I got a little misty-eyed and I'm sure those ladies thought I was a bit loopy!

dml
09-22-2007, 11:22 PM
I've received fast passes as part of the year of million dreams on two trips. Once entering Imgination in EPCOT and then on antoher trip when we were exiting Expedition Everest at AK. Its very exciting when you are picked!

I also got to walk on Peter Pan be/c a member of the dream team chose my friend's 10yo son to be an honorary lost boy if he could answer a related question and take the lost boy oath. It was very exciting for all of us to see him get picked!

:mickey:

mermaidmarian
09-23-2007, 10:03 AM
We received dream lanyards & pins during our May visit in queue at Buzz Space Ranger Spin. I feel that I saw far more members of the dream teams out and about in May than than during our August trip, although I saw quite a few park guests with fast pass lanyards.

Joy2theworld
09-23-2007, 10:07 AM
We received EPCOT dream fast passes when getting off the boat ride in the Land. I saw the dream team quite a bit when we were there Aug 30- Sept 4th. We also saw two of the families picked for the castle stay. The one was getting their things into the big Suburban at the Grand Floridian and the others were watching the fireworks in front of us at the Pirates and Princesses Party.

karenrarintogo
09-23-2007, 10:10 AM
We received dream lanyards and pins getting off the raft at Tom Sawyer Island last Tuesday at around 1 pm in the Magic Kingdom.
:)
This was the only time we saw the Dream Team in the parks during out 5 day stay.

We also received a "Family of the Day" certificate in our room at PopCentury, along with a magnetic picture and frame of WDW to put on our fridge.:cool:

tinkerbelle75
09-23-2007, 11:50 AM
When we were there in Sept 2006, we didn't exactly get a huge prize, but if you ask my DD9, she'll tell you it was the stuff dreams are made of for sure. The dream team was " in training" during our trip. We were entering IASW and two of the CMs there stopped my DD and told her she was going to be that day's "Small World Princess". They made everybody clap for her and some people even bowed to her. She got crowned by the CMs and still to this day she wears the crown! She felt so special.She wore the crown at all times for the last 6 days of the trip. It wasn't a stay in the castle, but it really was special!

LudwigVonDrake
09-23-2007, 11:56 AM
I was in WDW at the beginning of July and never saw the "Dream Team" in the week I was there.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
09-23-2007, 12:18 PM
We weren't actually "picked" per se, but DD tripped and fell down on a trail at AK and a Dream Team member was coming towards us and stopped to check and make sure she was okay. She had skinned her knee and was a bit upset, so he pulled out the Tink pins - one for you and one for someone else- and gave them to her. It was very special and since she loves Tink as much as mommy she really enjoyed it. :o) We used it to start her pin collection (back in June).

We see Dream Team members ALL the time. We go about once a week and see them in all the parks. More so in the AM than later in the day, but they are always there. During our stay at WL this past week, we saw a lot of dreams being given out...

snifflesmcg
09-23-2007, 12:27 PM
My BF and I were there for 9 days, in the parks everyday and we didn't win a thing. I saw a couple of families with dream fastpasses but not us.

I spoke to a woman at the pool in my resort who said that she had 5 adopted kids and they had won 2 dreams already.

I saw a large family that won a night in the castle and a few that got chosen to be in the parade.

I know this is random picking but it just seems as families had more dreams granted as opposed to just couples.

julyjewel
09-23-2007, 01:54 PM
When we were there in August my son got a certificate as an honorary bird watcher at AK and he got a 2nd dream at MK for knowing Disney Trivia in the Brer Patch gift shop. I put them in in his scrapbook.

disneyfan369
09-23-2007, 02:50 PM
I know this is random picking but it just seems as families had more dreams granted as opposed to just couples.

That's not really true... my mom and I went by ourselves, and we got two dreams: Dream Fastpasses on the Great Movie Ride (on our last day!) and the pin and lanyard sets at BTMR in MK on our third day.

birdie1410
09-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Dh and I received dream fast passes at Kilamanjoro Safaris. It was so cool because everything else was going wrong on that morning! Turned out pretty sweet after all.:thumbsup:

kathiep
09-23-2007, 04:09 PM
We just returned from 8 days in the parks. We were in a park every day, for most of the day.

Most days we started at one park and after a short break ended in another.

We didn't see the dream team even once :(

We didn't even see anyone who had won anything.

Maybe we'll just have to go back....

Mousefever
09-23-2007, 06:59 PM
We were sure that we wouldn't even see the dream team when we were there last January. But on our last day we were getting off Thunder Mountain and our whole train was asked to step to an area outside the ride. We were all given dream fastpasses for the day. It was just a little thing, but I got emotional because it was just one more happy thing during a very special trip!

:dory:

crltkcagle
09-23-2007, 09:09 PM
That's not really true... my mom and I went by ourselves, and we got two dreams: Dream Fastpasses on the Great Movie Ride (on our last day!) and the pin and lanyard sets at BTMR in MK on our third day.

Hey I bet you were there at the same time. We got ours before getting on the great movie ride. were you there september 13th maybe or maybe it was the 12th?

pixiesmimi
09-23-2007, 09:19 PM
We were there for a week in August and never even saw a dream team much less anyone that won anything. And I was looking for them. I got my hopes up when we came out of the "Fire House" in Innoventions at Epcot. There were three CMs standing at the exit with vests on and we were the last ones out. They smiled and said Happy Anniversary and that was it. I just knew we were going to win something. I was very disappointed and then I thought about it and I think the last time we came out of there, there were three people standing there doing the same thing. I don't think they were part of the dream team. Sure did get my hopes up though.:(

Vintage Disney
09-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Last fall we were in the parks for 9 days straight and did not see the Dream Team. We are hoping for better luck this time :mickey: I would love to get the lanyard and pins :fingers:

ibelieveindisneymagic
09-23-2007, 11:44 PM
We haven't been able to make a trip to the World during the YOMD celebration, so we've been entering by mail.

It wasn't a big prize, but DD thought it was the best thing in the world when we won a pair of the YOMD Mickey Ears! They were mailed to us, and she's put them on top of the tv, waiting for our trip next May.

She thought that it was sooo cool to get mail from WDW! :mickey:

Spaceship Tigger
09-24-2007, 07:44 AM
We just got back last night. Seven days in the parks and I only saw the Dream Team once, on our last day. And only one other time did I even see anyone with what appeared to be dream fastpasses.

Hayden's Dad
09-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Back in May, we were the last ones to get off our bus at MK because our son is in a wheelchair and when we got off there were two ladies standing there waving at us. They pulled us aside and made our son "Prince Hayden" for the day. They took his picture with a polaroid in front of the small MK signs at the bus rails and gave us a certificate. I don't know if that was an official Dream Squad prize but we liked it. :mickey:

kbean
09-24-2007, 10:36 AM
seems like the Great Movie Ride is the place to be to get picked for a fastpass.

pixiegoose
09-24-2007, 02:45 PM
We just got back last night/this morning (2:30 am!) from our trip and we won a dream! We were heading out to meet our Magical Express bus yesterday and a CM stopped us and asked if we were headed to the airport and how many people were in our party. We said yes and that there were 2 of us. She introduced herself as being from Disney transportation and that as part of a YOAMD she had a limo waiting right over there if were interested. Of course we said yes! So, we got a certificate and a limo to the airport! :cloud9: I was thrilled!!! :party: We had seen the Dream Squad around and seen lots of people with ears and dream fast passes
(including DH's brother and sister-in-law!) and were hoping we'd get something.

We've also won dream ears and pin & lanyard set via mail.

Samtastic
09-24-2007, 04:50 PM
Last January, my BF and I walked into the conservation station at AK and were greeted my a dream squad CM giving us a fastpass.

GrmGrninGost
09-25-2007, 06:55 PM
We got Fastpasses last Tuesday, Sept. 18, while leaving the Steam Train at Main St. Station. :mickey:

Fantasmic
09-26-2007, 11:37 AM
My DBF and I got Dream Fast Passes when we were in the pre-show for Tower of Terror, it was a GREAT feeling, although the park was so quiet we didn't need them! They were a fantastic souviener though

Ian
09-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Did ya here about Intercotee who won the night stay in the castle?That lucky guy ;)

I know this is random picking but it just seems as families had more dreams granted as opposed to just couples.Well I can explain that relatively easily. Probably 90% of the guests in WDW at any given time are part of a family.

Also ... my Mother has won dream fastpasses like 5 times and she's been by herself all but twice.

JohnHMCWYG
09-26-2007, 12:46 PM
The family won certificates at Sid Cahuenga's at Disney Studios because we were able to guess some movie trivia correctly. It wasn't a major prize, but it was cool nevertheless. I just hope that I can find it around the house.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

WinnieThePooh
09-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Last Friday 9-21 we were getting on the Stars Wars ride and the dream team came in and gave everyone a fast pass for MGM for that day. It was very awesome.

boo425
09-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Grrr! We just got back from a 9/17-21 trip and didn't win a thing...I'm so jealous!!! :D

LucyLou
09-28-2007, 08:11 AM
We went on Aladdins Magic Carpets during our trip in August, when we were all in place to go on everyone was given Dream fastpasses. My son and daugher were so excited. It made our day.

missbunny
09-29-2007, 04:31 PM
We didn't win anything big but it still was special.
Last December my dh was talking to a dream team member and received Tinkerbell pins. We gave one of the pins to a little girl dressed up likeTinkerbell later that day. Our inlaws answered some trivia questions and got some ice cream.
The best was while waiting for the start of SpectroMagic, the dream team noticed dh and I. Dh was wearing his Disney patch shirt and I had my sequeined Cinderella shirt. They came over and said how much they liked our shirts. My heart began to beat so fast. I thought this is it.... a big prize... and we won... popcorn and soda for each of us. But they said that we had to meet Barbie on the dream team. She loves disney jewelry just like me. A few days later I met Barbie and she said that DH and I were the topic of conversation at one of their meetings. At first I felt kind of foolish but she said we were perfect examples of how much adults love WDW. She made my day. We compared jewelry and I think we tied.
I am going to look for her in November because I got more Mickey bling to show her. LOL

DisneyFreak23
09-29-2007, 05:09 PM
When my family and i went 9/7/07 thru 9/16/07 we were walking thru the queue at NEmo and Friends in the Living seas at EPCOT and out party were all given YOAMD ears. We all felt special:cloud9:, and had people come up to us all day asking where we were when we got the ears, and I recieved many compliments from CM's telling me they liked my ears. One day, at MK we were eating at Tony's and one of the waiters stole my ears right off my head, because i wasnt wearing the strap. about 5minutes later, he returned, and made quite the game out of giving me my ears back.

On our last day we were leaving MK for the last time, and right before we walked under the tunnel, a CM came up and asked us if we wanted to meet cinderella:confused:, all by ourselves, thinking it was something like a Magical Moment or a dream, we accepted. We were brought into a room with Cinderella and she started up a covo, about what had we done today etc.. when she said "Do you have any plans this evening?":confused: of course all 4 of us were thinking OMG she wants us to stay in her castle!!!! So i said, nothing really, we have to pack up to leave. But all she said was aww thats terrible news, i will look forward to seeing you very soon. we were all kinda dissapointed, but it was overall a great expeirence. :thumbsup:

While we were in the world, we saw many many winners and we saw quite a few dream team members, wandering the parks, with their bags.
:)

pook@wdw
09-29-2007, 06:39 PM
The last time we were there, My DH & DD won Dream Fast Passes for Disney studios, and we were all (the entire family) asked to be in the Family Parade @ MK. What a wonderful World!!:thumbsup:

vamaggie
09-29-2007, 08:19 PM
My sis and her fam are in WDW now and she called me this am to tell me they had just been given Dream Fastpasses for MK for today. They were exiting BTMR (trying to ride it as much as possible before it goes down for rehab) and they and the family behind them were given the passes. My nieces LOVED it--planned to ride BTMR and PeterPann all day (BIL must have been cringing!!)

crazeedizneefinatic
09-30-2007, 09:23 PM
We just got back today from our 10 day vacation. We spent 8 days in the parks and there were winners everywhere! Hats and dream fastpasses. We did not win anything but had several "magical moments". One being the 1st day at CBR. We were picked to do the limbo and received a lei and certificate. Another time we were in MGM and my son was buying his Mickey crocs and the cashier asked where he was going next and my son said MK. He asked if he could come and my son said cetainly, the CM said I have been waiting all day for someone to invite me! He traced my sons hand and said Mickey would hang it on his fridge. He also presented him with a set of pins and a certificate. Another time we were in Epcot and my son wanted popcorn in bucket. The CM announced it was free and to enjoy our day. Another time while finishing our passport in Epcot one of the CM's started talking with us about where we were from and gave my son a certificate. Small but wonderful surprises. The largest surprise was last Friday. We were coming home from a long day at the parks. My son really really wanted a pair of "dream ears". A lady from the hotel was walking by us and asked up how we were doing. My son said great if we could just get a pair of ears. She stopped and took his name and room number and said she might be able to surprise us. The last night we were there we just came back from the MK and were in our jammies when a knock came to the door. It was her asking for our son. She presented him with a set of light up dream ears embroidered with his name! He almost fainted. That was definately the highlight of our trip!

Jeff G
10-01-2007, 12:04 PM
This past Thursday we were in line for Dinosaur when a CM came up and annouced we were the family of the day and a dream winner. We were taken to the front of the line, given our own car and received a certifcate. My kids thought it was awesome and insisted than we get the picture from the ride.

Chris_Esq
10-01-2007, 04:56 PM
On September 17th, we had just finished a ride on Soarin' and were walking back over to ride Test Track (again) when some nice lady came over to us and told us that they were giving away Dream Fastpasses behind/beside Innoventions. There were four CM's, each holding what looked to be 20 or more FP's and only a few people standing around. We each received one (4 total). If that nice lady had not stopped to tell us, we would have never known.

King Triton
10-03-2007, 09:15 AM
We were there for 11 days in August and I don't recall seeing the Dream Squad once. I did see several people with the dream fastpasses though and maybe a few pin/lanyard winners.

We tended to not be in too much of a hurry getting to the parks in the morning...would I be correct in assuming that the dream FastPass is given out mostly in the morning?

TBY2225
10-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Just got back on Sunday and we were there 8 days. We never saw the dream team at all! We saw a very few people wearing dream fass passes, but we didn't hear of any other winners at all!

LovinWDW
10-03-2007, 05:58 PM
On our last trip our DD was given a real photo of the mad hatter that was autographed. She and my wife were on the teacups when she got it. It made her day. She loves the teacups.

Momof2boys
10-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Last October we were in the parks for 9 days and saw the Dream Team a few times but weren't lucky enough to win anything. Our youngest DS did get a set of Dream Pins from Mrs. Incredible.

We're trying our luck again when we leave 2 weeks from tomorrow ! :cloud9:

Lisaj13
10-04-2007, 05:53 PM
I was there last October (almost a year already), with my 2 DDs and sister. Walking into Typhoon Lagoon we were asked if we wanted to rent a locker. We said yes, and received a free locker, free towel rental, two free refillable mugs and waterproof valuables holder.

It was great!

crltkcagle
10-04-2007, 08:19 PM
It's really neat to hear all the different dreams everyone is getting! keep em coming!

Ducklover
10-05-2007, 07:52 PM
:mickey: On our second day of our trip in August I was waiting for my two kids to come off Astro Orbitor. A DT member started talking to me and gave me five free one use fastpasses. On our third day we were exiting EE and received Dream Fastpasses. We were talking to a DT member and he said that the only time they award prizes is when they are wearing a white vest. He also said every hour they award prizes-big and small-and it is toltally random.We saw lots of ears, fastpasses and landyards when we went..

biodtl
10-05-2007, 08:52 PM
In October 06, DH, DS and my friend's Dh and DS were in line for Dinosaur and they got taken to the front of the line, got fastpasses to ride again and got a cool numbered print of Huey, Dewey and Louie on Primeval Whirl. I can't wait unitl Oct 08, especially sine they extended YOAMD.

snerd475
10-05-2007, 09:23 PM
A lovely lady cleaning tables at an AK park restaurant gave my 9 yr old daughter the set of two Tink pins. I was more excited than she was, since I KNEW she's share the second one with me! ( I didn't even have to threaten...... much). The lady said not to put it on a lanyard, or we'd have to trade it. I'm not parting with mine, I tell ya!:magic:

brogan54
10-06-2007, 04:21 PM
we rec'd a dream fast pass for mgm we were in the tot elevator and they gavce them to all of us. we rode tot a few more times and had to leave that day so we gave them to another couple who rode tot with us the last ride no point in them going to waste and it really made our last day to make someone else happy:blush:

Jeri Lynn
10-07-2007, 02:48 PM
We just got back and I never saw any of the dream team in any of the parks...bummer!:(

Kairi_7378
10-07-2007, 09:45 PM
We won Dream Fastpasses on the Great Movie Ride. I was so excited that the ride itself seemed dull in comparison.