PDA

View Full Version : SSR to OKW

btuskan
09-22-2007, 07:52 PM
We have dinner reservations at Olivias and are staying at SSR. I know we can take the boat from SSR to OKW, so my questions is how far is it from the boat launch to Olivia's? How much time should we allow for traveling? Thanks to any and all who can help answer my question.

dolphinmickey9170
09-22-2007, 10:59 PM
Once you exit the boat, climb the flight of stairs and walk straight ahead, Olivia's is right there. Just a stone's throw. So to speak. As far as the length of travel time, I would start out an hour ahead. We waited almost 30 minutes just for a boat to come to the dock at SSR. Have a great time.

LovinWDW
09-30-2007, 09:20 PM
I suggest taking a cab. It will cost you about $7.00 but you will save a ton of time and not have to worry about when the boat will be there.:thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
10-02-2007, 09:37 PM
The boat captain told us (in June) that the boat comes every half hr on the hr to and fro SSR /DD. The boat ride is really nice and the wait at SSR is comfortable with benches to sit on. Check with the front desk CMs and have them contact whoever they need to contact so you can be advised of the exact and current scheduling of boat transportation between SSR and OKW. I know in the past we have taken the boat to and from DD and they have made a stop at OKW (after SSR). This may have changed though so check it out when you get there. :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
10-04-2007, 08:33 AM
The boatride from SSR to OKW is very short. It's also very relaxing. Of course the wait for the boats on the dock can be unpredictable at times. We've never had too long of a wait; they will tell you when the next boat is due in if you ask around.

The route is:
OKW to SSR to DTD to SSR to OKW.
Be sure to get on a boat heading to OKW, not DTD from your resort.

Also, as stated above, when you get off at OKW, you can't help but bump into Olivia's. It's directly in front of you as you exit the dock.

Fortgoofy97
10-05-2007, 10:17 AM
If you like you can always take a stroll and walk to OKW from SSR. It starts right near the boat launch at SSR. It takes about 20-25 minutes to get to Turtle Pond Rd in OKW and maybe another 5 minutes to get to Olivia's from there. Nice way to build up an appetite or work of the meal if you want to stroll back to SSR. The walk way runs right along the river bank. It's a nice quiet, pleasant stroll!

ThanxForNoticin
10-05-2007, 12:54 PM
If you like you can always take a stroll and walk to OKW from SSR. It starts right near the boat launch at SSR. It takes about 20-25 minutes to get to Turtle Pond Rd in OKW and maybe another 5 minutes to get to Olivia's from there. Nice way to build up an appetite or work of the meal if you want to stroll back to SSR. The walk way runs right along the river bank. It's a nice quiet, pleasant stroll!

I agree. This is one of the better kept secrets at OKW and SSR. I guess maybe folks do so much other walking that it's not as appealing - but it is a very nice walk along the water and along the golf course. We'll often walk one way and then take the boat back.

btuskan
10-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. I believe we'll wait see what kind of day we're having and then use one of the suggestions. I like the idea of a leisurely walk, and if we're in a hurry, the cab! Thanks again!