PDA

View Full Version : Lunch Walk In

PetefromRI
09-22-2007, 12:59 PM
We're leaving in the morning for Disney World.I'm not on the meal plan but was wondering how easy it might be to get into a restaurant for lunch without ADR.We plan on just doing CS all week except maybe the Kona for breakfast.We've made no ADR's.

Hammer
09-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Pete, I would suggest that if you are in a park and decide you want to try somewhere for lunch, call the dining number from within the park or go to the station in the front of each park to make same day reservations (I believe at Epcot and MK, you go to Guest Relations) rather than just walking up to the restaurant. I have had it happen that I was told that a restaurant was not taking walk ups, but a quick call to Dining (*88 from any Disney payphone) gave me a reservation for 20 minutes later.

medic9016
09-22-2007, 02:37 PM
We will also be there tomorrow. We tried to change an ADR from Dinner to a Lunch at a different place. There was nothing available so we stayed at our original place and time.

JerseyMouse
09-22-2007, 05:44 PM
We were able to walk right in for lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern in early November last year. We got there as soon as they opened.

tiaramom
09-22-2007, 05:54 PM
If your Hungry ask !
I walked right up to the hostess podeum of many restaurants over the last few years asking either to change my ressie to a new time- pref. earlier.. I got in just fine each and every time I asked. It doesnt hurt to ask...
Restaurants that allowed me to do this were:
Crystal Palace
Liberty Tavern
Norway Princess in Epcot (Akerusa?)
Hollywood and Vine( playhouse Disney character brk)

It works...

ElenitaB
09-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Pete, if you go before the noon lunch rush (say, get to the podium around 11:30-11:45), your chances are much better than showing up at 12:30-1:00 pm.

Have a great vacation!

Hammer
09-22-2007, 09:31 PM
If your Hungry ask !
I walked right up to the hostess podeum of many restaurants over the last few years asking either to change my ressie to a new time- pref. earlier.. I got in just fine each and every time I asked. It doesnt hurt to ask...
Crystal Palace
Liberty Tavern

It works...

That's interesting that they allowed you to do that at Crystal Palace, as that was the restaurant where they told me they were not taking walk-ups, but when I called Dining, they gave me a reservation for there.

The posts here prove that you may need to employ a couple of different methods to get your seat at a restaurant. Should you be told at a restaurant that they are not taking walk ups, I stand by my original post and say call the Dining line and see if they have ADRs available

LibertyTreeGal
09-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern in MK, and it's the best lunch on property IMHO

irish1967
09-23-2007, 08:24 AM
If your Hungry ask !
Crystal Palace
Liberty Tavern

It works...

Tiaramom - just wondering - were you able to do this during free dining?

We've walked up and gotten in during non-free dining but based on what I have read on this board, it would take a minor (or possible major) miracle during free dining!

LoriMistress
09-23-2007, 03:43 PM
You're not going to be able to walk into Le Cellier at all...they are completely booked throughout the rest of 2007!!! No joke.

When you first arrive at the parks, I believe you can go to guest relations and they can tell you which restaurants do have available reservations. BOOK THEM ASAP when you first arrive at the parks. Because if you don't do this, there might be a chance that you'll not be able to be seated at any particular restaurant.

Jared
09-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Cast Members at the podium of a restaurant can arrange a reservation at any other restaurant in Walt Disney World. Everything is linked to one central computer model. So if you're in Epcot during the day and want to eat dinner that night in Liberty Tree Tavern at the Magic Kingdom, you can stop by Garden Grill and ask if everything is available.