PDA

View Full Version : mnsshp LAST NIGHT 9/21/2007

ISLE39
09-22-2007, 10:52 AM
did anyone go? was it better than last week? i heard last week it rained alot. any reviews would be great.

bibbidiboo3
09-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Just got back from WDW last night. We went to MNSSHP on 9/21 and had a blast. The weather was perfect - not too hot or humid!! We got to the park at 4pm, ate dinner at the Plaza Restaurant, watched the castle show, went on a few rides, took pictures in Toontown - then trick or treating started. There were lines starting before 7pm, but it wasn't necessary. By 8pm there were no lines and you could walk right up to get candy. We watched the parade near Haunted Mansion - it was awesome!! Very cool Headless Horseman!! We waited in line to take pictures in front of Cinderella's carriage, then back on all of the Fantasyland rides again. Wishes started while we were on IASW, so we caught them from behind the castle. Still just as nice!! We had to go on the Indy race cars, Buzz and the TTA twice each.
The lines weren't bad for any of the rides. We saw Snow White with all the dwarves, saw part of the Villians show at the castle, took pictures in a Dumbo car (outside of the ride), saw the Pooh characters dressed in costumes and so much more. It was well worth it and we had such fun! We left to catch our bus at midnight!
You'll love it!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-23-2007, 11:14 AM
We were at both party's. The 14th and Friday's. The 14th's was a rain out but, Friday was awesome!!
As posted above, the weather was perfect, the lines were very small and tons of candy. The Headless Horseman was really cool. (He did not ride on the 14th).
I love the parade and fireworks. The Villans show is great...we watched it twice.
We went on BTMRR right at 11:15 after the parade and they let us stay on it for a second ride. We could have stayed on longer but, DS was feeling a little queasy.
We got great pics with the wicked Step mother and step sisters. The interaction with them is awesome. They are really funny.
We will definately be going to MNSSHP from now on. :thumbsup: What a great event.

PNWmom
09-24-2007, 12:07 AM
where did you find the stepmother and stepsisters?

bibbidiboo3
09-24-2007, 07:35 AM
I remember passing the sign for them near the castle on one of the pathways to Tomorrowland, but I can't remember which one. It's not listed on the MNSSHP map.
We had dinner with the stepmother and stepsisters at 1900 Park Fare and they were extremely entertaining!!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-24-2007, 07:26 PM
We actually met the Stepsisters twice. Once on Tuesday at the MK, at the back of the castle right outside of the rear of Tink's Treasures. They were with the Stepmother in Belle's Garden (I don't know the actual name :blush:) right at 7pm right next to Cosmic Ray's on the MNSSHP night.

I will post some pics of them once I load the 400+ I took. :blush:;)

They were my favorite meet and greet.

awaggett
09-25-2007, 12:57 PM
We were at the party on the 21st as well. Due some flight delays, we got there a bit later than expected--6:30, but had an AWESOME time! We rode Pirates, Splash, BTMRR, HM, and IASM all without lines. Got our picture with Cinderella's coach; saw the fireworks from Main Street (best I've ever seen) and caught the 2nd parade. I'm not big on parades, but this one was great, and you got to see everyone! Finished out the night in Tommorland--did Space, TTA, and Monster's Laugh Floor (again no lines!). We didn't do the trick or treating--but wore costumes and loved people-watching everyone else!

SimbaandNalasMama
09-25-2007, 01:22 PM
I am SO excited! we go this friday (9/28) and all the reviews make it sound so magical. What a blast it is going to be! Did you see Jack Sparrow in the parade or around at all?

WTDing
09-25-2007, 01:30 PM
We were there on the 21st also and had a really good time. The kids (son and daughter both 4) tired out earlier than we hoped so we left at about 10:30.

We got pictures with Tigger and Piglet in costume as well as Lady Tremaine and the Step sisters. Our daughter was almost traumatized because they didn't make their ~9pm appearance for pictures but we caught them at 10. They just walked through Fantasyland from 9-9:30 back and forth because of some scheduling conflict, but didn't really interact with too many people.

The Fireworks were really good especially at the end when they were all around us; the sky lit up like day for a few seconds.

Saw lots of cool costumes and a few scary ones (please look in the mirror before leaving your room; although this can be said for everyday wear in the parks as well).

Kids got to dance at Stitch's dance party and we got lots of candy. Also kids thought seeing all of the playing cards from Alice was awesome.

Plan on doing the party again in a couple years when the kids are a little older. I think we'll skip next year.

DisneyNut2005
09-25-2007, 01:42 PM
I will post some pics of them once I load the 400+ I took. :blush:;)

Could you please provide us a link to your MNSSHP pics?

bibbidiboo3
09-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Did you see Jack Sparrow in the parade or around at all?

Yes - he's in the parade at the top of a pirate ship. Get your camera ready!!:thumbsup:

pixiegoose
09-25-2007, 03:35 PM
We were at the party on the 21st and as others have said, the weather worked out well. We loved the parade, fireworks, and the villains show with meet-n-greet after. However, we will probably not do the party again. It was far too crowded for our taste- it was even more crowded than during normal park hours. We did enjoy dressing up (I was Tink :tink: and DH was a pirate :pirate:) and I even had a little girl who wanted her picture taken with me!

Overall, I'm glad we tried it but we won't go again, at least not anytime soon- maybe once we have kids.

kathiep
09-25-2007, 03:46 PM
We were there on the 21st as well. It was the last day of our 8 day trip.

The party, by far, was the most crowded time we experienced in MK.

It was still a lot of fun but it took a little getting used to after being spoiled by little to no crowds!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Could you please provide us a link to your MNSSHP pics?

Sure, I will do that tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-25-2007, 10:14 PM
I am SO excited! we go this friday (9/28) and all the reviews make it sound so magical. What a blast it is going to be! Did you see Jack Sparrow in the parade or around at all?

We saw him in the parade as posted and we met him in the meet and greet in Adventureland. It was during the day on Monday the 17th, not during MNSSHP.

SimbaandNalasMama
09-26-2007, 08:52 AM
I feel sorry for Jack Sparrow if he is where i can meet and greet him...haha. There is a meet and greet on 9/29 i am planning on getting to.

thanks for the info!

Fantasmic
09-26-2007, 11:30 AM
I was at the 14th (black friday LOL) dressed as a zebra and at the 21st in my orange happy halloween t-shirt and face painted!

Both were great nights, but we staked out seats to watch the fireworks just off the hub (heading to Liberty Square) and some "nice" people came and stood right in front of us. then as soon as I stood up at the end, they sat down in my seat on the bench. So rude!