Dates:
September 17-21, 2007

Resort:
Pop Century

Cast:
Me (Chris) - 24 yrs, WDW Crazy
Mom (Jane) - older than me , loves Splash Mtn

September 18th, 2007: Stall Mountain?

Woke up to Pirates of the Caribbean's Yo ho yo ho music on the phone for the wakeup call. Stitch got cut off - don't know why that always happens.

Anyway, I was lazy about getting up but my mom got up first and went down to the food court for a cinnomin bun.

I got up shortly after - it was about 7:10am.

After having a little bite to eat, we were off to the Magic Kingdom and got there at 8:45..just in time for the opening ceremony! Thats so cool how they do that...love the blast of Pixie Dust at the end:thumbsup: We went in "in an orderly fashion" and headed right for my mom's favorite attraction - Splash Mountain. No line whatsoever. We got the second log of the day and were sitting in the back - you know, the spot that those full-tilt water cannons loved to spray! We got off the ride, it was tons of fun, and I suggested we go to HM - I was "dying" to see the renovations! But my mom wanted to do Splash one more time - so I agreed and we went - MISTAKE! We ended up stalling several times, and RIGHT before you take the last dip in to the Laughin' Place, we stalled for 35 minutes - lights came on and all - cast members running around the side of the ride - telling us adults the computers had to be restarted in each zone....then they went to the kids and said Brer Fox is up to no good - and was causing problems. I thought that was so cute!

After the big stall, we finally moved in to the Laughin Place - where we were stuck again for another 10 minutes! My mom felt bad - and said she should have listened to me when I said we should go to HM...but it was alright...a good time to really take it all in. Finally, we got out of the ride...and (as I had suspected) were given a fast pass for any ride with fast passes good til the end of the week! It was funny - after waiting for about 10 mins during the first stall I was thinking, "Free fast pass on its way!" :secret:

THE HAUNTED MANSON RULES!!! I love the changes! And the sound is AMAZING! Strangely we rode this ride several times during the trip, and we always had the short, stout ghost in our cart...creepy creeps eh...;) The stairs are awesome, and I strongly suggest checking out the changes! Looks like the outside got a new coat of paint too...well done. Five stars!

Took my mom to Philharmagic - she LOVED it as I suspected - did it twice that day. Also rode Snow White, Peter Pan, Small World, and Pooh's Adventure.

Went over to Tomorrowland and did Space Mountain before lunch - oh, the whiplash.

Went to Cosmic Ray's for lunch - and caught the talking garbage can before we ate - kids run away from that thing! But understandably...it was pretty funny though. It kept saying it was hungry..and was asking for the kids to give it something ;)

Lunch was good - and after we sat through the hilarity that is the Laugh Floor Comedy Club...followed by Buzz Lightyear - I'm fnally a Planetary Pilot! Got 116,000 - which might not be much for some people - but for me, that is a huge deal! My mom got 29,000 points..but put in a tremendous effort - she hadn't been on that ride since '99.

Had a slushie at Scuttles Landing, took in the area, saw the Dreams Come True Parade - SUCH a good performance...along with the show outside the castle - the moving mouths and eyes of the characters that you Intercotees told me about - WOW :rub: that was SO COOL! A bit creepy - bit really cool! Hope to see more of that develop over the years to come.

We did Thunder Mountain, and Splash a few more times - again, with small stalls, but nothing major like before.

We stayed til about 7pm, an hour before close...then took the bus back to Pop. Had a bite to eat in their food court (as you can probably tell and as I've failed to mention so far - we aren't on the dining plan!), went for a little swim and got to sleep around 12:30am.

Somewhere in there we did HM a couple more times, POTC, and Jungle Cruise.

Another hot humid day in The World...and more to come in day 3!

Coming up next:
800 gallons of water spilled on yours truly!!

Chris :hatter: and Mom :tigger:

Darbylew
09-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Sounds like the second day was as good as the
first. That was great to get the FAST PASS but
sorry you had to wait so long on SM. We are
looking forward to seeing the changes at HM.
We will be there on November 9. :D

BronxTigger
09-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Thanks again for the report.

I'm still scratching my head how you woke up at 8:10 but managed to get to MK by 8:45? Sounds like a good day.

Sounds like you went to Kali the next day. Lol

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
09-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Thats what happens when the 7 and 8 are beside each other on the keyboard! :blush: All fixed...should have read 7:10.

Yes, we did Animal Kingdom on Day 3...but we never went near Kali River! This is probably a give-away but.....think MGM....:D:secret:

I will try to post Day 3 later today or tomorrow!

Chris :hatter:

faline
09-23-2007, 05:20 PM
Except for your prolonged journey on Splash, you had a most excellent day!

iheartmickey
09-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Sounds like you an your mom had a very nice day. I think I would have enjoyed the "stall" time on the ride .... gives you a chance to really have a look around.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
09-23-2007, 10:21 PM
We had a similar experience with Splash back in May, and then in Aug, NO WATER. How do you Splash with no water?? hmm?

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

Bethis26fan
10-09-2007, 04:49 AM
Sounds like a great day.

pdrlkr
10-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

pdrlkr
10-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: