PDA

View Full Version : Candlelight Processional

centralohio disneyfan
09-21-2007, 10:10 PM
As I see it, I have three choices to enjoy the Candlelight Processional:
1)To buy a dinner package, enjoy a nice dinner and sit close to enjoy the event.
2)Not buy the dinner, stand in line for a while and sit farther back and enjoy the event.
3)Just stroll by, stop outside the amphitheatre and listen to the speaker from outside.

I'm sure the first choice would be preferred by many, but I was just wondering if anyone had done the others and can you enjoy it by just sitting outside and listening?

Marilyn Michetti
09-21-2007, 10:27 PM
These "packages" are nice, I guess, because you will be guaranteed a seat, but not necessarily a closer one.

The standby line, moves into the seating area simultaneously with the reserved line. If you're near the front of that line, you will get as good a seat as someone coming later from dinner. The CM's know how many package people are expected, and will close the standby line when the remaining seats are taken. I never get a dinner, and am always one of the first 30 - 50 in the standby line. I'm always seated down front in the center, while dinner folks might be way in the back on the end. All that you are guaranteed with dinner is "a" seat.

However you do it, you will find it one of the most moving experiences anywhere in WDW during Christmas.:sing:

kakn7294
09-21-2007, 11:39 PM
We did the package because there was a large group of us and we didn't want to wait a long time in the standby line. We were on the dining plan and eating a dinner in Epcot anyway so adding the package just made sense for us. The seats were decent but we were to the left of the stage (when facing the stage) about halfway back. Earlier in the trip we had stood outside and listened to the show but it was nicer having seats in the theater than standing outside. I do agree with Marilyn, however you experience it, it's a show not to be missed!