PDA

View Full Version : Waitlist question

JWDisneyFan
09-21-2007, 05:24 PM
A couple of months ago, Dh and I planned a vacation for Dec 11-17 in a one bedroom. We really wanted BCV and we were told that nothing was available for that time, so we went with SSR and put ourselves on the waitlist for BCV which is our favorite of the vacation club resorts. I was bored and playing around on Disney''s site, and there is a 1-bedroon avaialbe for the exact days we are going at BCV for sale to the public for cash. Now I know that Disney holds a certain number of rooms for sale at the DVC resorts, but it seems like DVC members should have first picks on these rooms. But being a member, I know the drill. I was just wondering how long Disney keeps those rooms before on hold before releasing them back to DVC?

Still hoping our BCV waitlist will come through... :fingers:

MsMin
09-21-2007, 05:58 PM
Our waitlist came through @ 30 days before. I wonder if ppl who have dates saved bail when you have to make that final payment?? Some ppl do hold dates and "wait to see" if they want to go or things come up. As far as Disney holding out rooms for rent I believe it's part of the design of the system. I'm sure they base it on the average # of rentals that time of year or their estimate of needs.
I've heard several ppl say their option on the waitlist has come through. Best of luck but I don't have the actual stats. just a little encouragement. :thumbsup:

JWDisneyFan
09-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. I have had the waitlist come through for me before, but not so sure this time because of the holiday season. I have 3 dinner ADR's at Epcot and BCV is so much more convenient to Epcot than SSR!!

DVC Mike
09-21-2007, 07:42 PM
so we went with SSR and put ourselves on the waitlist for BCV which is our favorite of the vacation club resorts... and there is a 1-bedroon avaialbe for the exact days we are going at BCV for sale to the public for cash. Now I know that Disney holds a certain number of rooms for sale at the DVC resorts, but it seems like DVC members should have first picks on these rooms.

There are two sets of inventory.

The “declared” inventory is the inventory that has been purchased by DVC members and is available to reserve using points.

The “undeclared” inventory is the inventory that a) has not yet been purchased by members (including points Disney obtained by ROFR), b) is the ~4% of rooms required by state law for the developers to retain, or c) has been deposited for cash conversion due to exchanges (Disney Cruise, Disney Collection, World Passport Collection).

The "undeclared" inventory is what you are seeing as available with a cash ressie using CRO.

Also, any "declared" inventory not reserved by members using points is made available to CRO at the 60-day mark for cash reservations by the general public.