PDA

View Full Version : Bring it back!!

EmmMOM2
09-21-2007, 03:12 PM
Which attraction do you wish they would bring back?

Mine is Frog & Toads wild ride ;)

DisneyTwinsMommy
09-21-2007, 03:18 PM
The old Tiki Room...

Actually Iago and Zazu don't bother me... it's the tiki goddess that comes out of the fountain... kinda scary! :tikki:

magicman
09-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Journey Into Imagination (Original Version)
with Figment AND the Dreamfinder.

:figment:

Gator
09-21-2007, 03:34 PM
I've only been there since 2002, so the one thing I wish they'd bring back (and know they never will) is the Wand over SSE.:mickey:

DisneyCouture
09-21-2007, 03:35 PM
Which attraction do you wish they would bring back?

Mine is Frog & Toads wild ride ;)

I loved this ride so much!!! I agree that Mr.Toad's def!:frog:

Jungle Joe Bob
09-21-2007, 03:39 PM
In Order:
1. Kitchen Kaberet (EPCOT)
2. World of Motion (EPCOT)
3. Millionaire (MGM)
4. If You Had Wings (MK)
5. Original Tiki Room (MK)

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-21-2007, 03:42 PM
I'll date myself a bit.

20,000 Leagues beneath the Sea and although technically not a ride per say, bring back the skyrides!

magicman
09-21-2007, 03:42 PM
In Order:
1. Kitchen Kaberet (EPCOT)
2. World of Motion (EPCOT)
3. Millionaire (MGM)
4. If You Had Wings (MK)
5. Original Tiki Room (MK)

I'm intrigued...what was the Kitchen Kabarat?

kakn7294
09-21-2007, 03:44 PM
20K and Mr Toad! I miss them both!

WDW1985
09-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Journey Into Imagination (Original Version)
with Figment AND the Dreamfinder.

:figment:

I couldn't agree more!!! This ride is an example of why "change for the sake of changing" is a BAD idea. That whole pavillion has been a mess ever since. I could remember waiting in line for 3 hours to get on the old one during peak times and now it takes less than a minute, because it's just plain stinks.

:number1: Disney, wake up and change it back or just bring back the old characters with something similar to the old one!

:mickey:

century3
09-21-2007, 04:03 PM
magicman, Kitchen Kaberet was a show in the Land pavilion where the entrance to Soarin' is now (and where Food Rocks was before that). It was similar to Food Rocks in the presentation of the show and some of the characters (animitronics) were in both shows, although altered slightly. The set was also very similar to Food Rocks, but again was altered slightly for the Food Rocks show. It was hosted by Bonny Appetite (sp?). I'm sure there are articles about it all over the internet. It was themed in a more vaudeville-esque style than Food Rocks, but had a similar message.

Veggie, Veggie, Fruit, Fruit!!!

DisneyFanaticDargon
09-21-2007, 04:09 PM
As much as I love Mission: Space, I really miss Horizons.

century3
09-21-2007, 04:09 PM
Oh, and of course I'd bring back Horizons.:joy:

tomorrowschild
09-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Horizons! Oh how I miss this ride.:shake:

WDW1985
09-21-2007, 04:14 PM
As much as I love Mission: Space, I really miss Horizons.

Is it just me or does just about EVERYBODY who is old enough to remember Horizons miss it terribly?!?!?!?

What a great ride!!!

Scotcelebrity
09-21-2007, 04:16 PM
1. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
2. Food Rocks
3. Original Tiki Room

The Tiki room was one of my favorites as a kid, now I just go for the sake of trying to bring back the memories. But it's just not the same!

BBrinkman
09-21-2007, 04:17 PM
This one's easy! 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea!

laprana
09-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Mark me down for Horizons, too! I loved that ride!!

Carol
09-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Horizons :(

Thankfully we can still do Mr. Toad & Tiki Room in Disneyland - and their subs are active again. :joy:

RockChalkKimball
09-21-2007, 04:45 PM
We loved the Tapestry of Dreams/Tapestry of Nations parade at EPCOT. EPCOT is so unique in theming that it really needs a parade!

DisneyDudet
09-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Ok... Let's start with MK:
Alien Encounter
The Timekeeper
I could handle the original Tiki Room
Main Street Electrical Parade
Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks

MGM:
The OLD fireworks, above the Chinese Theater and the HUGE Sorceror Mickey

AK:
Ok... only one... Tusker House!
Epcot:
This list is a smidge long....
The ORIGINAL Journey into Imagination (it didn't have the 'you' back then, did it?)
Captain EO (luckily, there's a pretty good version on a certain video website...)
Cranium Command
Body Wars (I'm going to go ahead and count them as closed for good)
Horizons
The original Living Seas ride, with Omnimovers, or whatever they were called
World of Motion (they can keep M:S and TT, just bring the other two back!)
Millennium Village
Surprise in the Sky fireworks

OK...I think I'm done!

sorcerer fan
09-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Put me down for the parade in EPCOT also. The drums we just awesome. Also World of Motion and Journey into Imagination with dreammaker and figment:thumbsup:

TKDONALD
09-21-2007, 05:28 PM
There are a few for me. The original Figment, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and EPCOTS World of Motion.:figment::yoda:

krorx
09-21-2007, 05:45 PM
Horizons, hands down. Then Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. My kids still talk about that one. :crying:

Samtastic
09-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Original Tiki, Original Journey into Imagination, Tusker, and Alien Encouter!

And how could I forget Body wars and the whole pavillion!!!!

AllDisney
09-21-2007, 05:55 PM
Journey Into Imagination (The Original) I LOVED that.

My husband votes for the old & Better Tiki Room:mickey:

pook@wdw
09-21-2007, 06:03 PM
:mickey: Technically, not a ride, but I loved the Skyride. I still have some great pics from that ride. My DH and I rode it on our honeymoon!!:cloud9: Also, as I have said MANY times before...BRING BACK THE MAIN STREET ELECTRICAL PARADE!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Followthatmouse
09-21-2007, 06:13 PM
I would love to see Horizons and Timekeeper again. They were imaginative and entertaining in Disney's best traditions. As WOL appears doomed, I must add Cranium Command. I miss them all.

I also miss the little side lane on Main Street with its flowers. It was always such a cheery sight.

kbean
09-21-2007, 07:42 PM
I agree with everyone on this. All the rides mentioned I think were much better than the ones today. But they have to appeal to today's generation that want more thrills and technology.

Toad
09-21-2007, 07:55 PM
Of the many extinct attractions, Disney should seriously consider bringing back the following:

1. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
2. Journey Into Imagination
3. The Enchanted Tiki Room
4. Main Street, USA (The Main Street Cinema, Penny Arcade, House of Magic, etc.)

dumbo ears
09-21-2007, 08:33 PM
I want to see horizons because they said it was a great attraction.

MickeyandTink
09-21-2007, 09:01 PM
I'll date myself a bit.

20,000 Leagues beneath the Sea and although technically not a ride per say, bring back the skyrides!

:exactly:

texasteacher
09-21-2007, 09:05 PM
I couldn't agree more!!! This ride is an example of why "change for the sake of changing" is a BAD idea. That whole pavillion has been a mess ever since. I could remember waiting in line for 3 hours to get on the old one during peak times and now it takes less than a minute, because it's just plain stinks.

:number1: Disney, wake up and change it back or just bring back the old characters with something similar to the old one!

Definitely, the original Journey into the Imagination - the beginning of the ride was fabulous! You can still experience it on youtube.

texasteacher
09-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Oh, and of course I'd bring back Horizons.:joy:

I forgot about Horizons! I do miss it. I also miss If You Had Wings.

dml
09-21-2007, 09:08 PM
1. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
2. Journey into Imgination with Figment and the Dreamfinder
3. Kitchen Caberet
4. Mickey Mouse Revue (I've never seen it but my parents always talk about how great it was)

:mickey::mickey:

mainemajor
09-21-2007, 09:12 PM
The origonal Figment :figment: the latest is not totally bad like the second version was.
Old Tiki Room - new one misses the mark of what made it a fun venue
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - speaks for itself - one of the best rides ever

gresh00
09-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Others have already hit on this, but I would not include Mr. Toad, the original Tiki room or even 20,000 leagues on this list since they are still at Disneyland (Leagues is a bit different with the Nemo theme, but same concept) and not techically extinct. By the way, having just gone to DL in June, that park is AMAZING -- pinocchio, alice in wonderland, Mr. Toad's, Nemo's, Roger Rabbit, the Monsters INC ride at CA, among others not at MK and probably should be. But, I digress.

The rides most missed, and they don't exist in any form in any park:

-Horizons at Epcot
-Original Imagination ride at Epcot
-Dreamflight at MK
. . . and by far, what I still think is the best audio-animatronic dark ride ever concieved and still irks me that they took it out for some four minute test drive:

World of Motion

Bluesky481
09-22-2007, 08:48 AM
I definitely miss my Mr. Toad! :(

luvdiznee
09-22-2007, 08:52 AM
Dare I say it...Tarzan Rocks at AK. OK, I never saw it but just to see it once. :mickey:

LibertyTreeGal
09-22-2007, 08:56 AM
Just went on Mr Toad in july (and march) after not having been on since 1983, and I'm not the biggest fan (sorry guys!)

BUT I miss 20K and I adore the original Tiki Room -- my 6 year olds were always wanting to go again both times we went this year to DL.

AdventurerKim
09-22-2007, 10:17 AM
I would bring back the following: Mr. Toad, Original Imagination, Skyway, Horizons, World of Motion, Original Tikki Room, and Captain EO.

mainemajor
09-22-2007, 10:27 AM
How could I have forgotten the Main Street Arcade, movie theater and House of Magic? There was a lot more to do on Maine St. back then, not just shop.

Wonders of Life Pavillion (open seasonally) - ya right - we all know its gone. My entire family enjoyed it. Body Battles, Cranium Command with Buzzy. We liked the bikes, swinging a baseball bat or golf club, healthy food options and even the shops there did not seem like big commercial stores, but rather more like an open air market store.

delusionalstitch
09-22-2007, 11:16 AM
DW
Tiki Room
Skyride
Main Street Electrical Parade (Even Thou I love spectromagic)

Epcot
Journey into Imgination with Figment and the Dreamfinder
The Orignal Inovations when it was about the new technology not junk thats there now
Body Wars

jiifigment
09-22-2007, 11:34 AM
1. Hunchback of Notre Dame (I can't believe I'm the only one that misses this!) including the juggler pre-show!

2. JII- Journey into Imagination!!! (surprise)

3. Cranium Command (It just makes me ill to pass that pavillion now, knowing it's there, but unavailable)

4. Tapestry of Nations - The music score ALONE was inspiring, and the way the puppeteers interacted with kids was SO great.

5. Horizons (I don't even LIKE Mission Space! Did it once, don't plan to again. Sorry.)

6. Timekeeper - although the Laugh floor is cute...I think TImekeeper was better.

I'm going to quit now....getting depressed! :sob:

MsMin
09-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Kitchen Kaberet
Most of what I miss is from EPCOT, I suppose most of it is due to sponsorship changes. :(
I have some old pictures of Kitchen Kaberet, I'll have to upload them soon.

SandmanGStefani24
09-22-2007, 12:05 PM
well, I would have loved to have seen WDW from above with the Skyway, but I understand how a few bad apples could make this more of a problem than a good thing...

The ride I would bring back would be Body Wars. There had to have been a better solution than to just sack the ride. (better digital video loops and surround sound, improved ride mechanics like Dinosaur, different plot/ride sequences, ect)

I also would return El Rio del Tiempo to its old self again. :marg:

Polynesian Dweller
09-22-2007, 12:32 PM
Kitchen Kabaret
Horizons
Original Journey into Imagination
World of Motion
Cranium Command

I guess I miss the old, more imaginative IMHO EPCOT.

wedway76
09-22-2007, 12:43 PM
This one's easy! 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea!

:ditto:

Hands down for me it's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I even loved watching the boats move around the lagoon from shore.

For some reason I never saw the original Journey Into Imagination, I hear a LOT of people say it was great.

Daisy'sMom
09-22-2007, 03:04 PM
Horizons, World of Motion, the original sound stage show, and the magic shop on Main Street, the arcade.

Joy2theworld
09-22-2007, 06:51 PM
I miss quite a few things, but the one thing I liked very, very much was Mickey's Birthdayland... now ToonTown. I loved the stage show they had and the birthday cupcakes you could buy! I'm not a fan of toontown now. I did like the one in Disneyland much more because of the Roger Rabbit Ride and the trolleys.
In EPCOT, I loved Kitchen Cabaret and Horizons... that orange smell! However, now that I can get that orange fix in Soarin, I'm happy!!

caryrae
09-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Another vote for Horizons. We were lucky enough to ride it on our 1st time to WDW years ago and really liked it. Not sure why they ever closed it.

crltkcagle
09-22-2007, 09:31 PM
20 k, mr toad's wild ride, alien encounter

is the kitchen thing where they used to sing becky becky fruit fruit? a really long time ago like 1980 something. i was 8 and i remember singing that song for years!

mrsHerbie53
09-22-2007, 10:08 PM
I am so glad DH & I did the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea on our honeymoon. I just wish DS could have done it -- he loved that movie!!!!

A non-ride that I truly wish would be brought back is the Animation tour. It was the coolest to see animators working on upcoming movie cells and drawings. I remember going thru the tour and watching them create Lion King and Mulan among many others. I also remember when you could celebrities on their own tour down with the animatore -- we saw "Johnny Fever"...
I realize so much has changed, but it would be so cool to really see a work in progress...

DNS
09-23-2007, 11:50 AM
1) Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
2) Pre 2000 Illuminations
3) Horizons
4) Tapestry of Nations
5) 20,000 Leagues
6) Body Wars
7) Sky ride

LudwigVonDrake
09-23-2007, 12:05 PM
The original Tiki Room, Alien Encounter and Mr. Toad.

ibrowse17
09-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Have to say 20K. Also, I would like to see the old shops on Main Street and Horizons return to Disney:thumbsup:

mainemajor
09-23-2007, 01:04 PM
A non-ride that I truly wish would be brought back is the Animation tour. It was the coolest to see animators working on upcoming movie cells and drawings. I remember going thru the tour and watching them create Lion King and Mulan among many others. I also remember when you could celebrities on their own tour down with the animatore -- we saw "Johnny Fever"...
I realize so much has changed, but it would be so cool to really see a work in progress...[/QUOTE]

More than the loss or change of any ride this makes me sadder than anything else. That is what uade MGM special. Watching the animators working. I could and did spend a lot of time there. It's like the heart and soul of MGM was ripped out when it ceased to be a working studio. Now most people forget or never know what MGM was at one time.:confused:

cal5755
09-23-2007, 03:02 PM
While I am a huge fan of trying new things, I will say I miss the original Figment the most...I loved that when I was younger!!

birdie1410
09-23-2007, 03:05 PM
magicman, Kitchen Kaberet was a show in the Land pavilion where the entrance to Soarin' is now (and where Food Rocks was before that). It was similar to Food Rocks in the presentation of the show and some of the characters (animitronics) were in both shows, although altered slightly. The set was also very similar to Food Rocks, but again was altered slightly for the Food Rocks show. It was hosted by Bonny Appetite (sp?). I'm sure there are articles about it all over the internet. It was themed in a more vaudeville-esque style than Food Rocks, but had a similar message.

Veggie, Veggie, Fruit, Fruit!!!

Absolutely right! Those songs stayed in your head (NOT like it's a Small World) for days! You simply enjoyed the whole show!

DisneyFanaticDargon
09-23-2007, 10:24 PM
Probably gonna get some flak for this one but I LOVED Captain EO, and thought it was much better than Honey, I Shrunk the Audience!

Bethanymouse
09-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Definately a vote for Mr. Toad here!

Sweezy
09-24-2007, 01:38 AM
horizons hands down...practically the most sentimental thing i could possibly think of...such a great ride.

other than that, id also like to have dreamflight back, although i rather enjoy buzz lightyear.