PDA

View Full Version : Chicken made easy

disneydrmr
09-21-2007, 10:03 AM
For anyone who has never made a chicken before because they aren't sure how to tell when they are done - here's a very simple, easy, sure fire recipe for you!

BAKED STUFFED CHICKEN
6-7 lb. Chicken
1 cup melted butter
1 cup stuffing (Pepperidge Farm is good.)
1 cup uncooked popcorn (ORVILLE REDENBACHER'S LOW FAT)
Salt/pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush chicken well with melted butter, salt, and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of the oven. Listen for the popping sounds. When the chicken's backside blows the oven door open and the chicken flies across the room, it's done. :D

MsMin
09-21-2007, 10:05 AM
:rotfl:
I'll have to try that one! :chicken:

kakn7294
09-21-2007, 10:27 AM
I was planning on stuffing a chicken for dinner tonight. I bought the one with the pop-up timer but this sounds like so much more fun! :thedolls:

mouseketeer mom
09-21-2007, 11:09 AM
I actually was excited for a new chicken recipe and the popcorn made it sound interesting!
Never mind...;)

gauvin4
09-21-2007, 02:10 PM
:haha: :funny: Very funny!!

pogo
09-21-2007, 03:30 PM
:shake: You are one sick redhead ! :sick:

But ...... that's what I love about you ! :D

disneydrmr
09-21-2007, 03:34 PM
:shake: You are one sick redhead ! :sick:

Does that mean you won't be coming to my house for dinner? :D

conorsmom2000
09-22-2007, 11:11 AM
:funny::rotfl:

Funny thing is, I've had this happen when I cook but wasn't using popcorn! :confused: Wonder what I did wrong...??? :funny:

Tink&Goofy
09-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Hey - does that recipe work for turkey too?
I could try it for Thanksgiving!!:funny::laughing:

Just think - turkey AND entertainment for the in-laws!:D

Caroleh
09-22-2007, 12:28 PM
:funny::rotfl: Now that's my way of cooking!!! I wonder if I made that recipe if the DH would forbid me from the kitchen altogether?

Hey - does that recipe work for turkey too?
I could try it for Thanksgiving!!:funny::laughing:

Just think - turkey AND entertainment for the in-laws!:D

:rotfl::funny: I'm imagining a turkey flying all over the kitchen in the in-laws running for their lives out the from door!!!:D

disneydeb
09-22-2007, 11:02 PM
I think I'll put that recipe in a gift for a bridal shower I'm invited to.....:thedolls: :D

Caroleh
09-23-2007, 08:35 AM
I think I'll put that recipe in a gift for a bridal shower I'm invited to.....:thedolls: :D

Deb, I had a joke recipe for a rum cake many moons ago that I gave to a friend. She put it into a cookbook without reading it and when she thought she'd make it, she laughed so hard!!!

DisneyDog
09-25-2007, 11:34 AM
We are in the process of remodeling our kitchen. I currently don't have an oven (or a stove or a sink...). I should have tried that one on my old oven before it was sent to the dumpster. I would have like to watch that thing blow up!! Ha ha!

Dsnygirl
09-25-2007, 04:47 PM
:thumbsup: Diane, you got me... I was all excited about a new recipe, although I couldn't figure out why you didn't post it in the recipe thread... then I saw why!! :D I'll have to try it.... DH wouldn't be too keen, but the girls would love it!! ;)