abby
09-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Cast Members:
DH-46
Myself-36
DD-13
DS-9

Sunday, September 9,2007

Got to sleep in a little today since we are off to Blizzard Beach and it doesn't open until 10:00. We really looked forward to this day because the last time we were here it stormed and closed before we got to do anything. We really had fun on all the slides then my DS said he wanted to go on Summit Plummit, so he and DH went to get in line. Myself and DD were thoroughly convinced he would chicken out way before he even got close so we continued to go on some slides. After that we went to the bottom of Summit Plummit to see if they were there. We sat down and watched people going down. I wonder if that speed camera is correct...do people actually get up to 70mph on that slide? Anyways it was getting to be a really long wait and we were about to leave and look for them elsewhere when what!:jaw:wait!:noway:is that DS at the top?!Yes!OMG!I couldn't believe DS was really going down...I was so proud of him! I was still amazed all day. I think we enjoyed the family raft ride the best. After Blizzard Beach we headed back to POR to get ready for a 4:30 ADR at Mama Melrose at MGM (I know it's really early but it was all we could get for the Fantasmic seating.) We got to MGM and headed to TOT. I sat this one out...I've been on it several times but have seemed to grow out of liking it. Again DS has never been on it and was really apprehensive but was brave. Of course he loved it! We then headed to dinner. We all agreed that we really didn't care for this meal at all! I had the pork something over rice and it was way to heavily seasoned, I tasted it for the rest of the night. After dinner we headed back to TOT so DS could ride it over and over. I have to admit that I had a little grudge at MGM because my favorite ride(RRC) was down. I have to admit it was fun sitting on a bench near RRC waiting for everyone riding TOT and seeing everyone round the corner to go to RRC and go from :eek: to :confused: to :fit: it was just one after the other...shamelessly entertaining:blush: Well, it was getting late so we headed to Fantasmic. Not at all worth doing the dining package because we could have got seated in a better section since the crowds were light. Oh well, in all reality there probably is not a bad seat in the place. We watched the show and left a little early to get a head start to Magic Kingdom's EMH. DH was wiped so he went back to POR. Well, I have to agree with those who said that EMH is not worth it because of the crowds. We stayed until the end(12:00pm) and were only able to ride Space and Splash once and that's it...not worth it at all. Well, after such a long day we drug ourselves back to POR, but we couldn't crash because DH father was joining our vacation tonight and he didn't get to the resort until 1:30 am. But as soon as he arrived it was lights out!

Thoughts for the day...Mama Melrose:down: EMH:down:

mouseketeer mom
09-21-2007, 07:11 AM
Another great day!

disneydrmr
09-21-2007, 08:32 AM
A long and fun day! Way to go for your DS! What a brave guy! That's too funny about you being entertained by those who were learning that RNRC was down.. if only they were members of Intercot they would've known! :D Enjoying your reports! Keep 'em coming!

faline
09-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Your son is quite the daredevil! Good for him!

Certainly was a long day!

Sorry you had some disappointments along the way!

Bethis26fan
09-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Thanks for sharing.

iheartmickey
09-22-2007, 07:35 AM
Sounds like a nice day. Children sometime can really amaze and shock us can't they?

Sorry you were dissapointed with Mama Melrose and EMH. I feel like sometimes it's luck of the draw ... we've never done the EMH's so I hope luck is on our side a couple times when we try them.

Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup: