PDA

View Full Version : What's good on "The Outside"

clou1028
09-20-2007, 09:37 PM
We've decided on this trip, we'd like to venture outside the World for a few meals. We always rent a car, so it's no problem for us.

DH and I like simple but good food. No fancy fine dining (not this trip anyway). Seafood, BBQ, Chinese, Soup and Sandwich places, Pancake houses, salad bars, that's the kind of things we like. Casual atmospheres.

I have been looking at dining guides online. Does anyone here have some suggestions? Is there a Panera Bread anywhere near WDW?

keacc
09-21-2007, 08:02 AM
We have a few restaurants that we always go to. Logans Roadhouse is east of WDW on 192 (1/2 block past 417). Peanut shells on the floor, great steaks, ribs and chicken for decent prices. We also go to Carrabbas for Italian. It is west of WDW on 192, just alittle past Formosa Gardens Rd. If you really like BBQ, go to Bubbalous Bodacious BBQ on Kirkman Rd just north of Universal. The best in Orlando. You can get a $5 off coupon at http://www.bubbalouscatering.com/Restaurant-Coupons.aspx

big blue and hairy
09-21-2007, 08:38 AM
We've decided on this trip, we'd like to venture outside the World for a few meals.

:jaw: There's something outside the World? :jaw:

Obviously...I'm no help here, sorry....:bolt:

:sulley:

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
09-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Sure! There are plenty of places outside the gates. We like Bahama Breeze near Little Lake Bryan/Orlando Premium Outlets. It is a FL chain and pretty good. We also always hit Giordano's for deep dish pizza. They will deliver to WDW resorts but we usually go pick it up. If you exit WDW near DtD at the Crossroads red light, turn left, and it is in a Shopping center on the right.

There is a Macaroni Grill, Joe's Crab Shack, Chevy's and a lot more in that area too.

ThanxForNoticin
09-21-2007, 02:31 PM
There is a Panera Bread on the John Young Parkway near Kissimee. There are a number of good places to eat on International Drive. We kind of like to hit the Race Rock on I-Drive once in awhile. Enjoy your trip.

mdearmas
09-21-2007, 02:54 PM
I recommend the Hard Rock Cafe at Universal City Walk. The food is great and it's a fun atmosphere. After 6 parking is free!

:goofy: